Night Veils - Casablanca Lily 2015

Night Veils - Casablanca Lily by Byredo
Night Veils - Casablanca Lily is a popular perfume by Byredo for women and men and was released in 2015. The scent is floral-sweet. It is being marketed by Manzanita Capital.

Floral
Fruity
Creamy

Black plumBlack plum White gardeniaWhite gardenia
Indian tuberoseIndian tuberose CarnationCarnation
HoneyHoney Brazilian rosewoodBrazilian rosewood
Submitted by OPomone, last update on 31.01.2024.

Helpful Review 4
Suitable for mainstream and yet special
Yes, the fragrance is not an innovation. Nevertheless, the individual notes are wonderfully harmoniously interwoven.

In the head, a very fine, fruity florality.

In the heart, a tuberose, which comes along incredibly beautiful. Rare that this fragrance does not cause bubblegum associations in me.

In the base, the fragrance feels warm and enveloping. Throughout the time resonates a moderate sweetness.

I would call the fragrance almost mainstream. The I could imagine at the relevant perfumeries on the shelf.

Helpful Review 6
Unspectacular.
The fragrance starts very feminine. Very noble almost powdery floral but also not exactly innovative.... Category " quite nice" ..The tuberose dominates with a hint of honey and seems to me a bit old-fashioned and unspectacular. The plum is only very briefly perceptible the first few minutes before it disappears and gives way to the tuberose. The fragrance is actually very nice, but has something almost boring and almost shy about it. If the scent stayed like this, it would be a light classy but not so exciting summer scent for me. The fragrance switches but very quickly in sleep mode..

The heart notes don't stay on my skin for long.... A short hour, if that, before any very airy and almost translucent notes take over. These notes, are supposed to be rosewood and honey, which I can't smell.... I just smell something almost tart, almost translucent....

H + S a disaster.. Price / performance or let's say clearly that the quality for the price is a slap in the face...
8.5

Very helpful Review 18
One of the highest quality from Byredo
I admit I had my doubts at first whether this small exclusive series from Byredo was any good. Nevertheless, this fragrance had to be tested extensively, I was too curious. And what can I say, it is probably one of the most complex creations of the house.
I am not a big tuberose lover and try to avoid it rather, but here it is so finely balanced that it is not only bearable but absolutely beautiful and complementary! Amazing that I experience myself once again to praise tuberose use. The whole creation is simply round and it seems to me that this composition was not created in a hurry. The fragrance constantly oscillates between classic and modern and forces you to sniff your own wrist. In my opinion, the plum is clearly perceived over the whole head and heart note. During the heart note, an interplay between jasmine, lily and rose, which together smell like a 1000€ bouquet of flowers. I don't really smell carnation, but I do smell a steady, very soft, woody undertone that gets more and more pronounced as the hours go by. One thing that always excites me is the course of the sweetness. The scent has a certain basic sweetness, not too daring, rather well dosed. The first sweetness you notice is a plum sweetness and at some point, very secretly, this sweetness changes into a discreet honey sweetness that is quite untypical for honey. In the last hours I perceive a kind of rosewood and the just mentioned honey note. I see this fragrance for evening occasions, extraordinary events and special moments. Too special to wear it just like that. The price alone hardly allows this perfume as an everyday scent anyway.
A laudable creation from the house of Byredo!

RazvanykeRazvanyke 2 years ago
Plum and tuberose go to a date, some other floral notes come later too and honey is paying the bill. Smells interesting but costs too much.
HermeshHermesh 3 years ago
A plum that is not crushed by sweet floral opulence, but with an elegant appeal. Well done! Less good is short longevity...

1 fragrance photo of the community

Popular by Byredo

Bal d'Afrique (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Gypsy Water (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Mojave Ghost (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo La Tulipe (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Rose of No Man's Land (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Blanche (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Black Saffron (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Bibliothèque (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Accord Oud by Byredo Oud Immortel (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Baudelaire by Byredo 1996 - Inez & Vinoodh (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Pulp by Byredo Sunday Cologne / Fantastic Man (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Young Rose by Byredo Slow Dance by Byredo Inflorescence by Byredo Sundazed (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Rose Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Velvet Haze by Byredo