Lanvin for Men 1979 Eau de Toilette

Lanvin for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Lanvin
We may earn a commission when you buy from links on our site, including the eBay Partner Network.
Lanvin for Men (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Lanvin for men and was released in 1979. The scent is spicy-green. The longevity is above-average. The production was apparently discontinued.

Green
Citrus
Fresh

LemonLemon BergamotBergamot Mandarin orangeMandarin orange NeroliNeroli
CarnationCarnation SageSage CardamomCardamom LavenderLavender MintMint PepperPepper
SandalwoodSandalwood MuskMusk

Perfumer

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 09.11.2022.

7.5

Auto-translated Show original Show translation
0 hype
Wow, what other treasures are discovered here. Lanvin for Men is what I would call an insiders' tip. A perfume which has long been forgotten and with which one is unique on the road. But let's start over...

You know the... you rummage through the Parfumo Best List, have already checked off Herod, Aventus and Oud Wood and suddenly you stumble upon a perfume you have never heard of before. That's how I felt with Lanvin for Men. I have to test it, I thought to myself, so let's get down to bacon!
After I finally got my hands on a sample of this long discontinued (is that how you say it?) fragrance, I thought after the first spray: Wow, that's what man smelled like back then. Yes, the scent is really classic and develops a certain soapiness immediately after the citrus opening. A light spiciness accompanies this and green notes join in. All in all, a fresh, clean scent without edges and corners, which smells a bit like barbershop - although more of a chypre and not a fougère -

So why discontinued? Lanvin Paris, incidentally the oldest Parisian fashion label, became famous for women's perfumes like Arpège. When men's fragrances were introduced in the 60s and 70s, they may have been less successful. I suppose the potential clientele associated the brand name with women's perfumes and... and the competition from Chanel and Guerlain was also possibly overpowering
I would recommend LfM to more mature men who have experience with classic fragrances and are not afraid of them. Oh yes, the most common way of delivery was the pouring bottle :-/

Well, at a time when there was no YT, no influencers and no hypes, great perfumes came out. I hope the dear influencers never get their hands on something like that, otherwise there's no more secret tip ;-)
1 Reply
9.5

Auto-translated Show original Show translation
Helpful Review 5
A green king among the perfumes... i am astonished... simply ingenious...
Unfortunately, this scent is getting harder and harder to get. I found it on ebay. EdT 115ml, Splasher. Here we go Top note:
Green notes, very noble and elegant, with a very pleasant spiciness, completed with lemon. The spice is not too strong, just the right amount. The lemon makes the fragrance quite fresh and is neither sour nor unpleasant.
Heart note:
The fragrance is slightly stronger due to the pepper, but remains pleasant. Fine mint, beautiful lavender and floral notes carry the heart note. The mint gives the heart note a wonderful freshness. Sage ensnares the very successful overall impression. All very well balanced.
Base:
The fragrance becomes pleasantly woody, musky, pleasant nature, is also there. It becomes a bit spicier and drier, but remains very pleasant. The green-fresh spice recedes a bit, but remains pleasantly present.
Conclusion:
An overall very successful fragrance. Very noble, valuable, could be a guerlain or niche fragrance without ifs and buts. He has a great development and always remains noble and valuable. I will remember this manufacturer. Gave me someone here in the forum as a tip. Thank you!!! Lasts a good 8 hours with me. Because of its excellent characteristics I wear it for work and leisure all year round, but economically. Who knows when you will get this scent at all. Why they stopped production is a mystery to me.
5 Replies

Popular by Lanvin

Arpège (1993) (Eau de Parfum) by Lanvin Eau My Sin / Mon Péché (Eau de Toilette) by Lanvin Arpège (1927) (Extrait) by Lanvin Éclat d'Arpège (Eau de Parfum) by Lanvin Arpège pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Lanvin Lanvin L'Homme Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Lanvin A Girl In Capri by Lanvin Eau Arpège (Eau de Toilette) by Lanvin Rumeur (2007) (Eau de Parfum) by Lanvin Avant Garde by Lanvin Lanvin L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Lanvin Oxygène by Lanvin Scandal (Extrait) by Lanvin Via Lanvin (Eau de Toilette) by Lanvin Prétexte (Extrait) by Lanvin Vetyver Lanvin / Eau de Vetyver (Eau de Toilette) by Lanvin Clair de Jour by Lanvin Monsieur Lanvin (Eau de Toilette) by Lanvin Oxygène Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Lanvin Eau Prétexte (Eau de Toilette) by Lanvin