4. Montabaco 2012 Parfum

4. Montabaco (Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne
4. Montabaco (Parfum) is a popular perfume by Ormonde Jayne for women and men and was released in 2012. The scent is spicy-woody. It is still in production.

Fresh
Green
Synthetic

CardamomCardamom JuniperJuniper Air accordAir accord BergamotBergamot Clary sageClary sage Orange absoluteOrange absolute
HedioneHedione MagnoliaMagnolia TeaTea RoseRose VioletViolet
ISO-E-SuperISO-E-Super MossMoss SuedeSuede AmbergrisAmbergris SandalwoodSandalwood TobaccoTobacco Tonka beanTonka bean

Perfumer

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 04.01.2024.
Interesting Facts
This fragrance is part of "The Four Corners of the Earth" collection. It was originally referred to 'Eau de Parfum', but subsequently rebranded to 'Parfum', in accordance to the actual perfume oil concentration (35%).

Giles
I love Tobacco fragrances. This is one of the best.
I have been wearing Montabaco for a long time now and I have never got bored of it. It simply is gorgeous and can be worn all year round. This is one I love wearing on Summer evenings because it is difficult to find a Tobacco fragrance that works in Summer. The quality is fantastic and you can tell how well blended it is. I have been looking for the Verano version which I'm sure would replace this in the warmer months but I just can't find it. Such a shame but this one still works fine. I don't like using the word masterpiece to describe many fragrances but this one really is.
8.5

Novalis
... finally something else..
I went today to test really special, or rather scents, which not everyone has, which not everyone knows and above all scents, which one does not get everywhere.
I started testing some. The lady could not inspire with the first 6 things. To be fair, I won't mention the stamps.

Then she brought out this gorgeous guy who looks anything but gorgeous in his bottle.

Whew, I thought, can this be something???

OH YES, can.

I would say or I can't really see the classic pyramid here. Rather a perfect symbiosis of more than two fragrance components. Juniper, sage, cardamom, leather complement the tobacco. Plus, there's a great dash of moss.
I have to say that I am not a fan of leather at all and actually not so much of tobacco.
Figuratively I would choose a wet coniferous forest in autumn. But they don't walk on the paths but on the mossy ground in the undergrowth. Only the tobacco doesn't fit into the picture:-) but never mind.
I think he's very sexy. The wearer, more like a man, is confident in his appearance and personality. An old soul with a strong character that nothing throws off course.

wonderful!

RachelgRachelg 9 months ago
7.5
A greenish dry tobacco that doesn't punch your face with sweetness like so many do. A bit heavy on the ISO.
OmnipotatoOmnipotato 1 year ago
Dry and fresh take on tobacco. Really impossible to describe; well-blended elements make it a unique one. Signature-scent worthy.
HolscentbarHolscentbar 1 year ago
5.5
not for me. very versatile perfume, but at the same time disturbing. it must be dosed very well.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 3 years ago
Complex perfume that evolves a lot along the stages. Very well blended and difficult to distinguish an ingredient that stands out. Great one

Popular by Ormonde Jayne

2. Nawab of Oudh Intensivo by Ormonde Jayne Ormonde Man (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne 4. Montabaco Intensivo by Ormonde Jayne Montabaco Verano by Ormonde Jayne 2. Nawab of Oudh Parfum by Ormonde Jayne Ormonde Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne Ormonde Man (Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne Vanille d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne Black Gold by Ormonde Jayne Ambre Royal (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne Tolu (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne Montabaco Cuba by Ormonde Jayne Royal Elixir by Ormonde Jayne Ta'if (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne Muscat by Ormonde Jayne Isfarkand (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne Montabaco Extrême by Ormonde Jayne Levant (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne Ormonde Elixir by Ormonde Jayne Privé (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne