The Oud Affair 2015

The Oud Affair by Vilhelm Parfumerie
Bottle Design Pierre Dinand
The Oud Affair is a popular perfume by Vilhelm Parfumerie for women and men and was released in 2015. The scent is sweet-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production. Pronunciation

Gourmand
Oriental

GingerGinger Wild honeyWild honey ButterButter
TobaccoTobacco
VanillaVanilla OudOud
Submitted by OPomone, last update on 19.11.2023.

1 in-depth fragrance description

Helpful Review 9
No disappointment
Tested in the store and almost immediately taken, because the store detective had break. No, because I was so fascinated by the top note! Wild honey, ginger, butter. It just smells delicious. Somehow, I also immediately thought of oud, probably because I liked the name "The Oud Affair" so much too. In fact, I'm like many in that the oud is hard to detect even upon closer sniffing.

By mistake, I sprayed some on my sleeve and about 2 hours later I had noticed a completely different scent. I smell and smell and miss the honey. And smell and finally get it: Tobacco Vanilla! Lighter, more subtle though. More wearable if I may say so. That's quite a remarkable transformation!

Really a sophisticated alternative to Tobacco Vanilla or Mugler's Havane. I really like smelling this fragrance. The quality also lives up to the price. Something special can not be said, however, because it is too similar to the two above but. Also, the bottle, which looks so bulky, heavy and valuable in the pictures, it is not in real. The glass is quite thin and the plastic lid somehow also seems slightly fragile.

Nevertheless, no disappointment. A great perfume house, high-quality content and so bad looks the bottle with the stylish inscription also again not. Who is looking for tobacco and vanilla with a special opening and stands on niche, which will me "The Oud Affair" very happy.

In conclusion: I prefer to write only about the fragrances that I own myself and have worn over a long period of time and on different occasions. To be honest, it also annoys me when some sniffs briefly at a test strip and then thinks to be able to judge a fragrance immediately. However, since hardly anything has been written about "The Oud Affair", I hope to have given those who are interested a few clues. Vilhelm Pafümerie is not offered, after all, in every miller.

At the very end: The department store detective came then nevertheless faster again, than I could sink the thing in the bag. No! I love vanilla and the scent is really wonderful, but personally I do not want to smell like vanilla, which is why this Vilhelm has not made it into my collection. Maybe it will come in the future, or another creation by Jerome Epinette, who gave me a great summer freshie with Cèdre Atlas and also knows how to convince with "The Oud Affair"
1 Comment

RiverRiver 11 months ago
7.5
Very similar to Tobacco Vanille. No oud to be found. The honey is a nice twist on the sweet tobacco formula. More ginger would be nice.
NicheOnlyNicheOnly 1 year ago
7.5
Dark, airy plum in the opening, oud-tobacco base, plum note turns to honey in ~10 min. Fall-winter, masculine, performance falls off fast.
Trx82Trx82 1 year ago
8.5
Light dry tobacco, not super dark humid tobacco. Becomes almost powdery after 2h. The projects well. Not as much ginger as I would like.
ChetDavisChetDavis 2 years ago
I get some similarities to Diors Ambre Nuit or maybe Tobacolor. All of these are too feminine for my taste.
EstbienlaEstbienla 3 years ago
Looks like TF's Tobacco vanille, which I have in a better quality. Honey and more pronounced in Oud

Popular by Vilhelm Parfumerie

Morning Chess (Eau de Parfum) by Vilhelm Parfumerie Dear Polly (Eau de Parfum) by Vilhelm Parfumerie Poets of Berlin by Vilhelm Parfumerie Black Citrus by Vilhelm Parfumerie Mango Skin by Vilhelm Parfumerie Basilico & Fellini (Eau de Parfum) by Vilhelm Parfumerie Stockholm 1978 by Vilhelm Parfumerie Room Service by Vilhelm Parfumerie Fleur Burlesque by Vilhelm Parfumerie Darling Nikki by Vilhelm Parfumerie A Lilac A Day by Vilhelm Parfumerie 125th & Bloom / Harlem Bloom by Vilhelm Parfumerie Dirty Velvet by Vilhelm Parfumerie Moon Carnival by Vilhelm Parfumerie Smoke Show by Vilhelm Parfumerie Purple Fig by Vilhelm Parfumerie To My Father by Vilhelm Parfumerie Do Not Disturb by Vilhelm Parfumerie Chicago High by Vilhelm Parfumerie Body Paint by Vilhelm Parfumerie