Un Air d'Apogée 2017

Un Air d'Apogée by Violet / Veolay
A popular perfume by Violet / Veolay for women and men, released in 2017. The scent is sweet-spicy. It is still in production.

Resinous
Smoky

AniseedAniseed SageSage
HoneyHoney CedarCedar MimosaMimosa
Balkans tobaccoBalkans tobacco AmbroxAmbrox CistusCistus LeatherLeather

Perfumer

Videos
Submitted by OPomone, last update on 11.06.2024.

Smells similar

What the fragrance is similar to
Issara by Dusita
Bvlgari Black
Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford
Tobacco Vanille Eau de Parfum

FitzLi
Interesting, special but not for me
Un Air d'Apogée is probably the most praised fragrance from Maison Violet, and I could see why. It opens with a distinct tobacco smell. Usually, a tobacco fragrance tends to give out a sense of heaviness, but not here. Un Air d'Apogée starts a little spicy, but is light and airy. You feel its presence but are not forced to attend to it. Then the honey comes out. Its sweetness balances out the harshness of the tobacco, and adds a feminine touch. Gradually, the fragrance becomes a little creamy and the leather comes into play.

As a former smoker, I’m amazed by the realistic tobacco note; it reminds me of the good old times. However, I’ve never liked the tobacco smell, and, therefore, didn’t enjoy the opening. But, as the fragrance calms down and the tobacco note relents its dominance to the sweetness, it turns into a companion that I’d want to hug closely.

Un Air d'Apogée is a scent with special characteristics, and can be a delightful stroll on everyone’s olfactory journey.

Tobacco for a lady
I agree with eggboi statement - this one is special. Warm, lightly sweet, powdery. The hay note is crippling and reminds me of summer spent in the countryside. My advice: apply sparingly, it could be overwhelming when you use too much. Perfect choice for woman who wants to wear tobacco fragrance but smell not masculine.
7.5

Adimus009
A rather peculiar dry room.
Sat in a Finnish sauna, amidst the dry heat and wood, you foolishly open a box of cigars, packed with sage and inhale deeply. The sweet honeyed leaves are parched almost immediately and a fleeting ethereal sweetness greets your nostrils. The scent melds in the arid atmosphere and cloaks you in a veil of tobacco, hay and woods. You glance at the hourglass on the wall and marvel at the rapidity of the change. Sweet but for an instant. Dry forevermore. What a strange olfactive adventure. You close the cigar box and appreciate the peculiar nature of things here.

Very helpful Review 5
A memory, not a scent
Earthy and gourmand.

Imagine the most discreet tobacco, elegant and slightly caramellic along with warm hay. The hay is very prominent at the beginning, it smells like earth and sweet, dry grass, that has been slightly touched by the rain. The herbal qualities of the soft and savory sage blend in perfectly with the hay.

It starts very strangely, it is herbal and powdery but while weird blends are not my usual choices, I love smelling this on me.

In its development it takes an interesting twist, it feels very familiar to me, like a memory from my past I cannot entirely place. I m very young, the rain has stopped and I m taking a walk in a sunny field, a summer afternoon, along with my loved ones, my mother and my grandfather maybe. Has this happened or is it just a game of my imagination? I m not sure.

The hay soon becomes smoother and blends well with my skin and some honey nuances that I could detect earlier too now brighten up and are warming the skin. There is also Mimosa in here. I just checked its odor profile and it mentions "child-like, soft and hazy heliotrope with sugar spun tonalities". Indeed there is a discreet sugar touch.

The perfume gets warmer and warmer as time goes by, with the cashmeran adding a sleek texture to the blend. It is definitely unisex and shares some qualities with some other perfumes like Tobacco vanille, Tonka Imperiale and jeux de Peau.

It is a memory evoking scent for me. It feels familiar and unfamiliar at the same time like something I have dreamed before, a childhood image that I can't identify but warms my heart either way. Like a moment that is long gone but just a step away in my mind. It is a nostalgic scent.

After 5 hours I can still smell it on me and on my clothes. It smells now like clean clothes, sugared almonds and sun touched wheat.

BertolucciKBertolucciK 10 months ago
8.5
Powdery mimosa and tobacco with a soft suede. A dry herbal sensation, like hay, sage, cedar, a touch of honey, a hint of musky Ambroxan.
FitzLiFitzLi 8 days ago
An airy tobacco scent with honey's sweetness. An elegant choice for tobacoo lovers
Eggboi3000Eggboi3000 6 months ago
lots of brands do honey tobacco scents, but this one special bc of the powdery notes that make it lighter and wearable year round, a fave
FantasmargFantasmarg 2 years ago
Something about this smells nostalgic, not as in "vintage" but as in memories. Sweet honey and powdery mimosa, hay-like and dry like summer.
AshtaAshta 3 years ago
9.5
Opens with freshness of sage, the sweet honey and vevelty mimosa. Then it turns into a soft leathery, more suède like scent. Addictive.

Popular by Violet / Veolay

Nuée Bleue (2019) by Violet / Veolay Sketch (2017) by Violet / Veolay Pourpre d'Automne (2017) by Violet / Veolay Tanagra (2018) by Violet / Veolay Compliment by Violet / Veolay Cycle 001 by Violet / Veolay Abîme (2022) by Violet / Veolay Cycle 002 by Violet / Veolay Cuir de Russie by Violet / Veolay Sketch (1924) by Violet / Veolay Abîme (1930) by Violet / Veolay Nuée Bleue (1953) by Violet / Veolay Fête Mondaine by Violet / Veolay Éternelle Chanson by Violet / Veolay Si J'étais Reine by Violet / Veolay Oryane by Violet / Veolay Rosamine by Violet / Veolay Niobé by Violet / Veolay Cytise by Violet / Veolay Extra Violette by Violet / Veolay