Coffee Break - Golden Dallah 2018

Coffee Break - Golden Dallah by XerJoff
We may earn a commission when you buy from links on our site, including the eBay Partner Network.
Coffee Break - Golden Dallah is a popular perfume by XerJoff for women and men and was released in 2018. The scent is spicy-oriental. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Oriental
Gourmand

Exotic spicesExotic spices
Coffee absoluteCoffee absolute FrankincenseFrankincense Rose absoluteRose absolute AmberAmber Cambodian oudCambodian oud
CocoaCocoa Tonka beanTonka bean
Videos
Submitted by Amourage, last update on 19.09.2023.

Top Review 24
Coffeebomb Extreme
Since I own the bottle of Golden Dallah, crystallized in my collection a fragrance that can push Oud Wood Intense from the coveted signature throne and will. That the two fragrances are not similar, I think I do not have to clarify here again, because they are two completely different fragrances.

First of all, I would like to talk about the presentation of Xerjoff.

Whether in the cheaper collection like "Join The Club" or the more expensive "Oud Stars" collection, of which I own the Alexandria III, Shunkoin & More than Words, an above-average quality is consistently put on the day.

The bottle comes beautifully packaged, in a detailed cardboard box that hides a box covered in dark red faux leather. If you open this, the fragrance is protected with a silk-like paper.
The flacons of the "Coffee Break" collection have a wonderfully chosen red-black color gradient, whereby the bottle becomes darker and darker towards the bottom. In addition, the golden details + the solid gold metal lid...A dream!

After the long intro now finally times to the fragrance.

As soon as one frees the fragrance from its bottle, one is almost swirled around by many different spices, whereby one can smell out at a certain distance also already something cocoa, hazelnut & coffee.

The spices themselves I can not smell out unfortunately individually and with guessing I do not really get further.
In my opinion, the fragrance does not go through a great transformation. The spices warp after about 20 minutes and Golden Dallah now shows its real self.
With the combination of a frankincense note (not at all sacral smelling incense!), the roasted coffee and the all-known Rose-Oud duo it really leaves me speechless.
The incense together with the coffee makes perhaps a little too long roasted coffee beans and thus a stunning scent. That Rose-Oud together are a strong team, I think I do not have to tell anyone.
Amber I personally do not really perceive here. Maximum very, very far in the background.
The base of hazelnut, cocoa & tonka always resonates and underlines this great composition, although I can easily perceive the tonka bean only after several hours.

There is nothing wrong with the durability of the fragrance and so Xerjoff extends my daily coffee break to just under 9 hours. The sillage should not be underestimated in this fragrance in any case and should Golden Dallah accordingly carefully dose. The first 2 hours it radiates like plutonium in my opinion. Up to the 6 hour he becomes quieter and quieter and then you can perceive him only in close proximity.

For me, this fragrance is always an experience and I do not regret a cent that I invested in this.

Thus, Oud Wood Intense must unfortunately make room for a new fragrance after just under 4 months.

Thank you for reading and if you're looking for a gourmand, uniquely enduring coffee scent, you should definitely try Golden Dallah!
3 Replies
Ischgelroi
A fragrance of superlatives with a big disadvantage
I have now worn Golden Dallah already 3x and must say right away that the scent is really perfect and really one of the best and most extraordinary perfumes is I have smelled so far / tested.

I will not say here so many words about the fragrance itself, because I find this simple, but at the same time perfectly implemented.

Golden Dallah really smells like a mocha coffee, which there is seht often in cities like Istanbul in zahlriechen small bistros. Golden Dallah has but still numerous spicy notes, which are but not clear to describe individually. A delicate framing of the whole forms a gentle note Oudnote.

The disadvantage of this masterpiece is but for me, unfortunately, that I just do not find a use for this special fragrance. In the office certainly not. In the summer also not. For normal celebrations also not, in the leisure too much of the good. Golden Dallah has such a strong sillage that it seems almost impossible for me to wear this fragrance.

It is really incredibly unfortunate that I can not find a use for this masterpiece.

7 Replies
4.5
Very helpful Review 7
Coffee? Are you there?
In search of a good coffee scent, I stumbled across the Coffee Break. The name alone has made me really curious and then also from the house Xerjoff. When the sample then arrived, it was time. Sprayed and tested. My first thought: Very spicy gourmandhaft eigt not even bad, but where is the coffee note? Test strip put aside and after 1-2 hours smelled it again. With the hope that the fragrance unfolds and lives up to its name. Unfortunately in vain... The coffee note came out very lightly, but the scent was still very gourmand spicy, the exotic spices and tonka bean were very much in the foreground, accompanied by the cocoa and hazelnut. I really liked it and understood why many liked it. However, I was slightly disappointed as I was expecting a coffee scent, with the name "Coffee Break" even a concise coffee scent.
Conclusion:
The fragrance is really nice in itself, has a good durability and sillage. However, the fragrance is in my opinion very far from its name. Who expects a coffee intensive fragrance here, is unfortunately disappointed. For all those who are looking for gourmandhaftige fragrances with the certain something, will appreciate the fragrance here :)
4 Replies
8.5
Helpful Review 8
Sheer desperation
It opens with an unknown to me spice notes that I tried to find out, I searched my spice cabinet in which about 45 spices stand for just this fragrance but was not found. That has annoyed me, there I began the Internet search, but unfortunately unsuccessfully, everywhere is only "exotic spices" so if someone knows the spice mixture, they find delicious, would cook with it :D
Well I had to come to terms with it and realized more and more the rose that showed me present what is first unusual in a "coffee break" fragrance, on the other hand I know it from my mother, she likes to take syrups in her coffee and there it does not matter whether hazelnut, crème brûlee or even rose. The warmth of the amber heats up the coffee well, which now also gently unfolds its own aroma. But the other scents drown out the poor coffee very much.

In the end, I came to the decision to simply analyze the leave and enjoy the scent as a nice cup of coffee, then still got out my Chemex and me a tässchen brewed, was the best thing I could do here
Spicebomb on steroids
Preface: this is my first review here.

Two weeks ago I wore the Golden Dallah for the first time. Just two sprays I had applied, because I have heard that this perfume is very strong. And indeed: At the beginning I was very overwhelmed and at the same time confused by the many intense spicy notes, which I could not classify all. After about an hour, I smelled out the rose and especially clearly the hazelnut. Thus, I associated this fragrance with Nutella. However, I didn't smell oud at all and coffee was hard to detect. Since I was at this time with my father in the car on the road, we got by the brute charisma relatively quickly headache :-D. Overall, the scent was to 10 hours plus perceptible and I have this even the next day a bit perceived.

This is the strongest fragrance I have smelled so far on me! Unfortunately, he is me personally too sweet and spicy / sticky and also find unfortunately no suitable situation for me to wear. For Gourmand fans, this perfume is probably paradise, because the performance and quality are really top!
2 Replies
More reviews

BoBoChampBoBoChamp 3 years ago
A slightly smoky, yet oriental spicy-sweet Fall fragrance, balanced by a warm and sweet earthy-woody base. Realistic take on Arabian coffee.
MrLawmanMrLawman 2 years ago
7.5
The spices used aren't your typical spices. They are more astringent. Base is formed by woods (no oud) and amber. No nuts, coco or coffee.
ChetDavisChetDavis 4 months ago
Wears a lot softer than others from the coffee line. Distinctively more feminine too. Still, very beautiful fragrance.
PatronrPatronr 1 year ago
Best of Coffe Break line. Quietly strong. Sweetly spicy. That's how I feel and love it.
Ronny1987Ronny1987 4 years ago
9.5
Reminds me Oriental Latte, that my local coffee shop serves. Spicy, sweet and dark coffee scent, delicious!
More statements

Popular by XerJoff

XJ 1861 Naxos by XerJoff Oud Stars - Alexandria II (Parfum) by XerJoff Alexandria II (Pure Attar) by XerJoff Amber Star by XerJoff Tony Iommi Monkey Special by XerJoff Join The Club - Torino21 by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Uden by XerJoff Casamorati - Lira (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff Join The Club - 40 Knots by XerJoff Oud Stars - Alexandria III by XerJoff Oud Stars - Alexandria Orientale by XerJoff Accento by XerJoff 17/17 - Richwood by XerJoff Casamorati - Bouquet Ideale (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff Join The Club - Ivory Route by XerJoff Oud Stars - Fars by XerJoff Opera by XerJoff Casamorati - Dama Bianca (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff 17/17 - Pikovaya Dama by XerJoff Join The Club - Torino22 by XerJoff 17/17 - Symphonium by XerJoff