Search Forum

Say hello and/or introduce yourself (if you like)

176 - 200 by 263
1 year ago 2

Hello everyone! I am a recent Fragrantica exile known as unearthlyapothecary on that site. My passions are writing and perfume. I’ve been collecting perfume for about 6 years now. In the past few, I have moved away from the mainstream and primarily enjoy indie brands. I always like to talk perfume and introduce others to the joy of indies, so please feel free to hit me up Smile 

1 year ago

Hello, and welcome to Parfumo.  I remember your reviews on the other site.  I hope you will contribute reviews here, too.  I hope you enjoy your time here.  😃

1 year ago 1
Miss13Scent

Hello everyone! I am a recent Fragrantica exile known as unearthlyapothecary on that site. My passions are writing and perfume. I’ve been collecting perfume for about 6 years now. In the past few, I have moved away from the mainstream and primarily enjoy indie brands. I always like to talk perfume and introduce others to the joy of indies, so please feel free to hit me up Smile 

Hi Bree!!!!

1 year ago 5

I'm River. I joined here after I found Fragrantica and Basenotes to be particularly unwelcoming of people like me. I've discovered that I greatly prefer the way this site works, particularly the collections. I never liked the other site's 'shelves' system, one of the many relics of a bygone era they hold on to... And while I'm not a fan of the way this site uses the term 'oriental', it's nowhere near as problematic as the others as far as I can tell.

I'm nonbinary(pronouns), in my 20s, and broke with expensive taste. I'm an electronic musician, wanna-be poet, and beginner perfumer. I'm autistic and have found myself endlessly fascinated with fragrance for the past few years.

1 year ago 1
River

I'm River. I joined here after I found Fragrantica and Basenotes to be particularly unwelcoming of people like me. I've discovered that I greatly prefer the way this site works, particularly the collections. I never liked the other site's 'shelves' system, one of the many relics of a bygone era they hold on to... And while I'm not a fan of the way this site uses the term 'oriental', it's nowhere near as problematic as the others as far as I can tell.

I'm nonbinary(pronouns), in my 20s, and broke with expensive taste. I'm an electronic musician, wanna-be poet, and beginner perfumer. I'm autistic and have found myself endlessly fascinated with fragrance for the past few years.

Welcome, River! 👋

1 year ago 1

Hello everyone!

I'm new to fragrances, first got interested after I briefly lost my sense of taste and smell while I had covid.

I really like the way parfumo works, the reviews are really useful and seem more up to date and relevant than fragrantica. Also like the the pie charts for scent notes.

I've started by buying a few decant samples and using that to work out some fragrances I enjoy.

Have a great day,

Harvey

1 year ago 2

Hi! everyone, 

My name is Ioanna I am greek resident, I discovered website parfumo.com because I love to do deep and extensive navigation and research on perfume field. I am a passionate perfume lover since my childhood when I used to enter unnoticed to my mother's boudoir and staring, exploring, sniffing for endless hours her perfume wardrobe. Immediately  I was transferred to a magical, dreamy, angelic universe full of perfumes and fantasies. 

I studied history and theory of art and hold MA in History / Theory of Art and Curating. I have long working experience on curating field. I have published academic essays on respectful, scientific journals. My interestings are studiyng and doing in depth research in gothic art and architecture, contemporary art and sculpture of second half of 20th c. and greek contemporary art.

I enjoy taking bw / architectural / starry photographs, running long distances in virgin less known forest paths, dancing contemporary ballet and working out in general. I spent the most of my time reading all kind of literature books, constantly listening to music, cooking, pasty and always absolutely devoted in stydiyng.

I am glad to be here with you and be part of parfumo community, I am looking forward to gain new, exciting perfume experiences and to meet positive and friendly people. I hope I find each and everyone of you well and healthy!. 

Best and warm regards from Greece !. 💖

Much love to all Ioanna

1 year ago 1

Hello, Loanna!  Welcome!  Glad you joined us! 😊

1 year ago 1
Oriane

Hello, Loanna!  Welcome!  Glad you joined us! 😊

Thank you so much Oriane!. ❤ I have been reading for a long time your articles and critiques and I feel so happy to meet you!. I am happy to be here with all of you!. Thank you!. 🌺💓

1 year ago 2

Hello everybody, I’m a collector from Italy 🙂 I love wood and incense fragrances.

1 year ago 2

Hello Giodevil.  Welcome to Parfumo!  I also love wood and incense notes.  😊

1 year ago
Oriane

Hello Giodevil.  Welcome to Parfumo!  I also love wood and incense notes.  😊

Thanks! 😊

Hello 1 year ago

je suis Dorothy de France. Ma passion pour les parfums a commencé quand j'avais 7 ans... c'est ma drogue... je cherche toujours LE parfum (parfait)... mes meilleurs sont Ambery frag épicé J'aime aussi les parfums gourmands, propres et aromatiques

je déteste vraiment les fleurs spécialement la rose, le muguet et le jasmin 

1 year ago 2

Bonjour Dorothée. Bienvenue chez Parfumo ! Je suis sûr que vous trouverez ici de nombreux autres membres qui partagent votre enthousiasme pour le parfum. Je sais que je le fais !     😊

10 months ago 2

heyo, I'm Churi. you can also call me moon if you like/if that's easier!

I ended up hearing of this site from the fragrantica forums LOL and decided to check it out. definitely like it more, feels less clunky and more user-friendly. I'm just your average autistic and socially anxious nerd. into gaming and toy collecting. and, of course, fragrances. :')

10 months ago

Welcome, Churi.  I hope you enjoy you time here.  🙂

10 months ago 1

Hello, everyone!  I'm Kathryn (dig my creative user name), another refugee from Fragrantica, which was a juvenile and uncomfortable space.  I LOVE the reviews here so, so much!  I'm a happily married writer from Illinois, close to St. Louis, not Chicago.  We're Gen Xers who live under the benevolent dictatorship of our two dogs.  I've been interested in fragrance for about 15 years.  For me, fragrance is weather and mood dependent, and where we live the weather is decidedly random, especially in spring and fall, which is a great excuse for me to buy fragrances. My husband's attitude to my hobby ranges between stoic tolerance, mild amusement and "that smells amazing!"

10 months ago 1

Welcome, Kathryn!  Nice to have you with us.  I hope you continue to enjoy Parfumo.  This site is not as active as some others, but the people here are nice, and as you say, the reviews are great.  Funnily enough, I was watching a film about St. Louis just last night.  Any time I think of St. Louis, I think of Judy Garland and the great old film, Meet Me in St. Louis.  😋  

10 months ago
Oriane  Any time I think of St. Louis, I think of Judy Garland and the great old film, Meet Me in St. Louis.  😋  

My great-grandparents were at the World's Fair in 1904.  That movie makes me think of them.  The song "Meet Me In St. Louie" is a family favorite.

10 months ago 1

Hello everyone! I write from Spain and I am Azahar.

Smells have attracted my attention since I was very little. Every time I had the opportunity I would sneak into my mother's room and put her perfumes on me. I suppose that I have inherited this passion and taste for perfume from her. My five year old is following the same steps.

I've only been in this community for a few days and I have to say that I feel very comfortable, in addition, the people are very friendly, and they value reviews a lot.

Greetings to all and I hope it is useful to the community.

10 months ago 1

Welcome, @Azahar81 

I had the same habit of sneaking into my parents room and smell their perfumes. My mom had a collection of miniatures; irresistable of course Very Happy 

Enjoy your time here

10 months ago 2

A bit late to the show - been a user here for a while - but a short introduction:

My name's Jacob, I'm 49 and from Denmark. I've been into fragrances since my mid 20s. I must have had hundreds of different fragrances throughout the years. In the beginning it was mostly designer fragrances. Coming from a small town did make it easy to discover fragrances. But in my mid 20s I moved to a larger town, earned more money and the interest grew. There have been periods in which the interest were a bit on standby, but usually it was triggered again by smelling something new during travels etc.

Today I have a collection of about 130+, a blend of designers, cheapies, niche etc. I have also bought about 30+ fragrances for my wife. She didn't have much money in her younger days either, and it was only after I sparked her interest somewhat, she made her own first major purchase, a Xerjoff fragrance at about 400 Euro. 

I think it was after she had worn some of the fragrances I'd bought for her and gotten so many compliments at work. At least I guess that ignited the spark. She is the kind of woman which her colleagues expect to stun at each event. Soon they have their yearly summer party and we've gone over dress, shoes, belts, bags and fragrances.

Myself, I just love smells and I know that 130 fragrances is crazy, but I am probably an oversprayer and I like to reapply during the day too, if necessary. Never had any negative comments on my smells, only compliments. Of course not as many as my wife.

As such, I like smelling fragrances marketed towards women as well. Who knows if I find something for my wife? 

That's pretty much it. Feel free to ask, if you want to know more.

10 months ago 1

Welcome, @Jacobtf 

That's quite a collection you've got! Feel free to share your experiences with the community in review, statements, etc. Wink

10 months ago 3

Hi all, I'm from The Netherlands and a retired nurse for mentally disabled people. Proud mother of an adult son and 'mom'  of 4 adorable cats: Sneakers, Snoopy, Leather & Lace. My passion for perfumes turned into 'collecting' since the very first Armani was released, already more than 40 years ago..... My perfume journey has endured various metamorphoses during all these years.

Much has changed since then, especially with the discovery of the Internet and a little later with the appearance of forums for passionate perfumers. The last 10 years my focus has been mainly on artisan and indie brands...unfortunately it is really impossible with the huge numbers of releases nowadays to separate the wheat from the chaff. My motto is : wear what you (!) love and not what others expect or think is appropriate.

After so many years of smelling so many fragrances I have come to the conclusion that there is nothing my nose cannot bear. I have no real aversion to certain notes, but I do have a clear preference for animalic notes (I'm a leather-junkie), resins and balsamic notes, mossy and woody notes, green herbal notes and indolic white flowery notes

My other passions are : cooking, arranging flowers, writing (writing down my personal thoughts on life on paper), reading, interior decorating and of course music. My all time favorites are : Prince, David Bowie, Peter Gabriel but I like almost every-kind of music (classic, jazz, R&B, folk, pop...)

10 months ago

Wow I just realised I have not posted here. Anyway welcome to the new members. 

As for a late introduction for myself. 

I am from Scotland. I enjoy art and have only recently got in to collecting fragrance after many years of not buying any for a long time. 

I have definitely learned a lot through fragrances such as the different notes and how they smell. 

I also have had my interest in art reinvigorated after I stopped doing digital art for s lot of years I have recently been enjoying photography of perfume bottles and looking at other people’s photos also. I want to start using photoshop with my photos to see if I can incorporate my art style with my photography. 

I love a large variety of music and use to DJ. 

I enjoy nature and sometimes get my uncle’s dog to look after so I like taking him walks in nice areas where there are ducks etc. it is very relaxing and good for you to get away from the world now and again. 

I have a moderate collection and plan to calm down as I have bought way too many in the last several months. 

Anyway nice to meet everyone I have already met and talk to and look forward to getting to know more company 😊

Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Parfumo Community Say hello and/or introduce yourself (if you like)
176 - 200 by 263
Jump to