Search Forum

EXILED! The stories from Defected Fragrantican Members

476 - 500 by 593
3 years ago 5

It's funny how this topic was started eight years ago and still applies to today. Or actually it's sad, oh well..

I also made the move after observing all the negativity towards community members.

3 years ago 2

Yes, actually, when I read the stories here, I just have deja vu...

3 years ago 1
Hatka

Yes, actually, when I read the stories here, I just have deja vu...

Ohh tell us more if you wish 😃

2 years ago 6

Fragrantica's latest clusterf**k of a fiasco:

https://twitter.com/punished3l...

Odd considering no one is allowed to bring up anything political and yet, there they go imploding upon themselves.

2 years ago 2

Lol seems like nothing has changed over there

2 years ago 2

This is always very funny to read 😃

2 years ago 3

Ah, I used to like that site but sadly I think my time on there may have had a negative effect on me after one of my swaps that I did because I wound up apologizing way too much because I genuinely felt I had done something wrong, and there was a case where I was going to do a swap with someone but I found interacting with them made me feel physically sick so I cancelled that swap this was all in 2019 mind you. I wound up losing access to the email I had there returned there back in June 2022 for a day or two and it was the worst choice I ever made so I made a promise to never return there again because like before the interactions I had there where extremely toxic so I went looking other perfume sites instead.

1 year ago 3

So, I may make this site my permanent home due to recent vibes I've got from being on Basenotes just feel like I don't belong there after a couple of months in and I'm considering in 2023 to defect from there too.

1 year ago 2

It's official this is now my new home, the last sign I wasn't wanted there came true so good riddance Basenotes.

1 year ago 5

Hello everyone I am the newest Fragrantica exile. I am known as unearthlyapothecary on Fragrantica. Hoping Parfumo is a more accepting community, I am happy to put all that negativity behind me

1 year ago 9

I always had a weird vibe about fragrantica, but, when Elena posted her article on sustainability with the 'Kramer won't wear an AIDS ribbon' video attached, and then read the comments... I quickly realized what kind of place it really was. I was oblivious to what 'free to choose' meant, as I'm autistic and don't pick up on things like that very easily. The fact that they also didn't have a board for perfume making made it easy to leave. I then went to basenotes, because they have a DIY board. "Great!" I thought, "Maybe this will be a better forum." ... Learned quickly that their user base is entirely made up of extremely irritating people, and, frankly, made fragrantica seem reasonable. I still check on the DIY board, as it does contain a lot of very useful information, but, I honestly hate giving them clicks.

It's both amusing and disappointing that this thread has been around for so long, yet all the same problems remain. There is a silver lining, though. People will leave the other sites and come here eventually. Parfumo can only grow!

Another one!. 1 year ago 6

Hi! everyone,

I am the latest victim of cyber - bullying, disrespectful manners, maltreatment, evasive behaviours, full - mouth personal messengers, threats and psychological war from abnormal greek website fragnatica and their rude, heartless owner along with her close clique. I am a survivor of a toxic, aggressive, poor quality fragnance content, manipulating environment and gossiping members with zero relation and knowledge about fragnance field.

I have to state only to be fair that not every member is problematic and here I met some kind and helpful people but the last few years their site got worsened day by day. In addition the most respectful, decent, popular and expert members abandoned that site for many and different reasons and that speaks volume for greek administrator, their problematic moderators and their totally unnecessary arrogant clique.

I feel calm, happy and free now at last!. I hope I will be welcomed to your pleasant and warm website and to have the pleasant chance to interact with friendly and full of experience and passion members from all around the world!.

I am sending this essay from my cellphone and english language is my second language so for everyone who has already read my message I will ask for your tolelance about any spelling mistakes you may notice in my text. I will develop my issue and what I survived on a new informative full of details essay which will enlighten many twisted facts and reveal the real colours of greek fragnatica and their administrator.

P.S.:  And to only think that all the psychological war, targeting started of because I stand by my personal opinion on a totally embarrassing and immature thread about women bra (lingerie (!) .. Shy!. 🤬

Last edited by ExUser on 14.11.2023, 21:32; edited 1 time in total
1 year ago 1
River

I always had a weird vibe about fragrantica, but, when Elena posted her article on sustainability with the 'Kramer won't wear an AIDS ribbon' video attached, and then read the comments... I quickly realized what kind of place it really was.

Well, I actually really like this about Fragrantica. In our ridiculous cancel culture of censorship and political correctness, it's totally refreshing to have site owners who don't give a f*ck and have the balls to freely express themselves, regardless of the popular opinion. It's their website. If they also want to use it as a platform to support political and social issues that are dear to their hearts, then good on them.  

Heck, as far as I'm concerned, it can only elevate the general IQ levels, what with a forum where the same questions are asked ad nauseam year in, year out, never mind the brain dead "perfume my little pony" games & co.

So I say Bravo!  

1 year ago 13

At Parfumo, we are committed to creating a space where users can connect, share and learn about perfume. While we value the diversity of our community and welcome different perspectives, we believe that discussions of political and social issues should not take center stage. The focus should always be on fragrances. By staying focused on our shared interest in fragrance, we can create a positive and inclusive community where everyone feels welcome and respected. 

1 year ago 7
DonVanVliet

At Parfumo, we are committed to creating a space where users can connect, share and learn about perfume. While we value the diversity of our community and welcome different perspectives, we believe that discussions of political and social issues should not take center stage. The focus should always be on fragrances. By staying focused on our shared interest in fragrance, we can create a positive and inclusive community where everyone feels welcome and respected. 

Excuse me for quoting your message dear DonVanVilet but you are saying what everyone thinks silently. Actions of disrespect,  manipulation, and patronising tactics shouldn't be considered as courage and bravery, or expression of one's freedom, whoever he is or whatever power he has on his hands. Those techniques are nothing but fanatical and provoke reactions, quarrels and net - fights only and are totally irrelevant with perfume discussion on a fragnance site imho. 

Let's keep Parfumo clear from fanaticism, friendly and perfume oriented. This is what makes Parfumo different from other sites. 

Blessing to wall!. 🙏

Last edited by ExUser on 14.11.2023, 21:33; edited 3 times in total
1 year ago 6

Exactly, Nidodelia! Parfumo is a lovely community dedicated to discussing perfume. It's a place where you can fully immerse yourself in your hobby and take a break from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Here, you can freely enjoy your passion and share your thoughts with like-minded individuals. I view Parfumo as a peaceful oasis where you can escape the constant barrage of topics that consume our daily lives. When it comes to political debates and other similar discussions, there are other forums on the internet for that. Here, we can focus on what brings us joy and connect over our shared love of fragrance.

1 year ago
DonVanVliet

I feel this is pretty much the same on Fragrantica. Despite the owners' occasional messages, the focus on perfumes remains by and large center stage.

It is commendable that you are striving for an inclusive community. The thing is, we're dealing with human beings here, and from experience, no matter the topic, even one seemingly as inoffensive as perfume, there will always be petty fighting, disagreements, rigidly minded individuals, and easily offended ones. Even with the best of intentions, you can't really prevent this from happening Smile

1 year ago 4
DonVanVliet

Exactly, Nidodelia! Parfumo is a lovely community dedicated to discussing perfume. It's a place where you can fully immerse yourself in your hobby and take a break from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Here, you can freely enjoy your passion and share your thoughts with like-minded individuals. I view Parfumo as a peaceful oasis where you can escape the constant barrage of topics that consume our daily lives. When it comes to political debates and other similar discussions, there are other forums on the internet for that. Here, we can focus on what brings us joy and connect over our shared love of fragrance.

Totally agreed dear DonVanVilet!. 

You describe Parfumo in a perfect way and I guess many members are attached on this point of view. May be some or many (it doesn't make any difference the quantity) have a heavy daily program, have to give their fight every day at whatever kind of work they do, to confront obstacles or to deal with complex personal matters and at the end of an ultra - exhausting day all they want its to re-connect with themselves, to relax and to spent their personal time on their favourite fragnance habit and share their enthusiasm with other frag lovers!. Reality is thought we all know that but we need fragnances to take away all the burdens and fil us with joy.

I prefer a trillion times a constructive disagreement amongst fragnance enthusiasts in a civilised, reasonable fragnant environment on aromas or notes and lasting power than a meaningless fight over toxic and political matters. 

Last edited by ExUser on 14.11.2023, 21:36; edited 1 time in total
11 months ago 5

Hi!

I'm not exactly an exile, but I am totally disenchanted with Fragrantica.  The proliferation of straight-up hate speech about unisex perfumes, juvenile reviews, and a forum full of "I want to smell like a cupcake" and "what will make me irresistible" posts was getting to me.  I actually found it depressing, which I need to avoid.  I think I'll like it here much better!

11 months ago 9

Just left due to an article about a Pride perfume blowing up with some really awful comments

11 months ago 6
Dolby
River

I always had a weird vibe about fragrantica, but, when Elena posted her article on sustainability with the 'Kramer won't wear an AIDS ribbon' video attached, and then read the comments... I quickly realized what kind of place it really was.

Well, I actually really like this about Fragrantica. In our ridiculous cancel culture of censorship and political correctness, it's totally refreshing to have site owners who don't give a f*ck and have the balls to freely express themselves, regardless of the popular opinion. It's their website. If they also want to use it as a platform to support political and social issues that are dear to their hearts, then good on them. 

1. Fragrantica's owners do not care about "free speech."  I was banned from the site after objecting to hate speech againstvthe LGBT community.  2. There is a difference between discussing differences in a civilized manner, which you will not find on Fragrantica, and hate speech. 3.  It takes absolutely no courage at all to post insults and lies.  4. Good for them?  For being bigots and "canceling" opposing opinions?  Really?

11 months ago 3
Meadhbh

Just left due to an article about a Pride perfume blowing up with some really awful comments

That was awful.  

11 months ago 7

Hi! Missed a lot of the wacky stuff about Fragrantica somehow - I guess by mostly hanging out on the individual fragrance pages and not the article comments. The latest anti-Pride hate speech and subsequent blowup opened my eyes. I packed up my 400-odd reviews, hit the road, and I’m parking my camper van in y’all’s driveway for a couple of weeks. Just until I get back on my feet.

I’ll be a good neighbor.

11 months ago 6

I have also defected from the morass that is Fragrantica after the recent hate-filled comment thread following a perfectly lovely article by Patric Rhys. I'm happy to be here in a fragrance community that respects and welcomes all members of every persuasion. 

11 months ago 3

Hi KathrynA66! I too made the move!

476 - 500 by 593
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Parfumo Community EXILED! The stories from Defected Fragrantican Members
Jump to