Search Forum

Perfumes subscriptions... Yes or Nope

Are you interested in perfume subscriptions?

Yes, I like it
47% 8
Nope, not for me
52% 9
Total Votes: 17
Perfumes subscriptions... Yes or Nope 1 year ago 1

Hey perfume lovers!!!

I am reading more and more about company that offers subscriptions to get perfumes monthly...

What you think about? You like it or not?

Any thoughts?

1 year ago 3
Ah yes I see that a lot these days. I suppose it really depends on the person's wearing habits. I can imagine some people take time to get acquainted with a perfume and wear just that one for a certain period. Me, I never wear the same perfume for two or more days in a row. I wear a fragrance once, maybe re-visit after a few days and then decide to buy or not. Then it may well take a few weeks or months until I wear it again. So personally, I would consider a subscription to surprise samples, but definitely not to larger sizes.
1 year ago 2

When it comes to perfume (and make-up), I am not convinced about subscriptions services. I don't like to accumulate vials and vials of samples of perfume 95% of which I know in advance I won't like. I also don't like the amount of waste produced with the packaging (paper, card boxes, advertising fliers, etc). 

I like to choose what I want to test and only buy samples of the perfumes I am very interested in.  If I want to explore new releases I prefer to browse in the brick & mortar perfume stores. 

1 year ago 2

About two months ago I almost pulled the trigger and bought a subscription from ScentBird, but I stopped because I saw various reviews about it (positive and negative). I did a bit of research on other subscription services and some seem to offer a nice inventory of niche and designer with below the normal prices for a travel sized perfume. 

So I would say yes but ...

Like Kurai said it depends on your wearing habits. For example, I'm someone who has limited space for full bottles of perfume so I go by this rule: I try sampler vials (often 1.5ml) then if I finish and like it I move on to the travel size (often around 10ml), then I go on to the next size (30ml, 50ml) and so on. I prefer having the original travel size from a company, but some do not make travel sizes (which is sad and a whole other story). This is where a subscription service can come in handy if they offer decants of the perfume you're looking after. Most offer decants at a nice price so it can be fun if you like wearing different types of perfumes. On the other hand, some people don't like accumulating vials of perfume samples since a 10ml is often time a month of wearing the perfume (if you don't like it at first sniff, you're kind of doomed). Like Cocopah said, there is also the question of environment and waste that tends to accumulate.

To make it short: it depends on how much you want to spend on fragrances, if the catalogue of the subscription service offers what you're searching for and il you want to test out different fragrances. It's basically up to you!

1 year ago

Great! thank you for your insights!

many companies now are trying to sell this subscriptions, i am curious too.
i love to try new perfumes and 10ml vials is enough to try and understand if a perfume is good for me or not.
Anyway i always feel that i am missing the beauty of the glass bottle...

Environment is a very big concern... al this tiny vials going around and then ending up in the land field is really not good.
It would be great if you could return the vials or they could be in a more sustainable materials; i know some bioplastics company, but often this materials are not water proof.

1 year ago

and what about Home Perfumes?

for me a subscription for my home perfumes could more interesting...

1 year ago 1

IMO, some subscription services may send out more affordable or lesser-known brands, while others offer high-end luxury scents. You'll want to ensure you're getting value for your money and that the scents align with your taste. It's also worth considering how much perfume you typically use and whether a monthly subscription is the right choice. If you go through perfume slowly, you may have a surplus of scents you don't use. For me, a few perfume decants a month is more than enough.

1 year ago 1

I did it for a while with two different companies and after about a year I decided it wasn't for me as after like 10 months I had got the ones I wanted and what was left was not appealing. There wasn't great descriptions that would really entice me toward selecting them 

1 year ago

I think i would be interested if they offered small sizes (I certainly don't need more than 10ml of something I hate, I'd prefer 3 or 5ml) although the environmental factor does concern me.
But I am not really aware of any company offering something interesting in Europe, does anybody have suggestions? 

Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfume Discussions Perfumes subscriptions... Yes or Nope
Jump to