Search Forum

Comfort video games

Comfort video games 11 months ago 2

Like comfort food this can be the case with video games, and if you play video games which games do you replay and just enjoy returning to?

For me it's these games:

Borderlands 2, Horizon Zero Dawn, Drakengard 2, Suikoden IV and Tomb Raider Legend.

11 months ago 2

I play Bloons TD 6 a lot, although lately I've been playing Minecraft. I used to spend hours and hours playing Minecraft with my friends when I was younger, but I stopped playing when I lost those friends and updates to the game made changes that kinda killed my nostalgia. It's not so bad, though. I'm getting used to the new Minecraft.

11 months ago 2

Borderlands 2 never gets old, such a good game. Going back to Minecraft once a year is also great to see what's been added to the game.

11 months ago 1

Cities skylines, the Sims, Minecraft (but it has got to be modded!) and anything simulatorish or city building are my comfort games. 

11 months ago 1
Itchynose

Borderlands 2 never gets old, such a good game. Going back to Minecraft once a year is also great to see what's been added to the game.

I was a year late to playing Borderlands 2 didn't get round to it until 2013, may or may have multiple copies of this game for different consoles...

11 months ago 1

I could have probably bought some very expensive perfumes with the money I have spent purchasing Borderlands 2 and Skyrim repeatedly over the years (PS3, PS4, Switch and Steam). No regrets though!

11 months ago

Guild Wars 2. My kid got me into it, and it's the only game I really play. Mainly because I found a great guild that doesn't get mad when my real life takes over and I have to disappear for awhile. They also don't mind that I am usually not running an optimal build and just want to play the game. Plus the visuals and environments are over-the-top beautiful.

10 months ago

most of my comfort games are ones I've never played myself. but for ones I have played... Stardew Valley, Paper Mario 64, EarthBound, Harvest Moon Magical Melody

10 months ago
EmberRose
Itchynose

I was a year late to playing Borderlands 2 didn't get round to it until 2013, may or may have multiple copies of this game for different consoles...

Yeah i enjoyed both the 1st and 2nd games for different reasons. The 1st game had a better loot system and the effects the weapons had on enemies were so cool. Like electric weapons would show the enemy being electrocuted and acid would melt them in great detail. They removed that from the 2nd game.

Also the vendors in the 1st game were good, they had good items in them while the 2nd game they were only useful for ammo and selling stuff. 

The 2nd game was better with easter eggs such as things that were popular at the time like the double rainbow video and much more were in the game.

I also had people to play co-op with on the first game which makes it a lot more fun.

10 months ago

Deep Rock Galactic is a game I will always return to no matter my current rotation. It's got that great balance of hop in and brain turn off that is difficult to pull off, such a great community as well.

Going Medieval and Project Zomboid are also notable mentions for me.

5 months ago

Anything with building/surviving/puzzle it's comforting I think: Sims, Stardew Valley, Medieval Dynasty, Dincum, Pioneers of Pagonia, One Lonely Outpost, The Tiny Bang Story, Rusty Lake series.

5 months ago

Oh, Stardew Valley most definetly, solo or with friends. Besides that I like to chill out and drive a rig in American Truck Simulator or European Truck Simulator 2 - perfect game for listening to podcasts. 

edit: HOW COULD I FORGET SKYRIM! That's like the epitome of a comfort game - came out in 2011 and I'm still playing it when my spirits are low.

Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Off Topic Comfort video games
Jump to