Search Forum

Best TV Shows (past & present)..

26 - 50 by 53
11 years ago
Born and raised in Cincinnati, love my REDS. Had season tickets. Asked Brandon Phillips to bowl with me. (He didn't) He has bowled several 300 games. Here I go hijacking threads.... sorry.
11 years ago
2 recent shows I recommend. .

Orange Is The New Black : www.imdb.com/title/tt2372162/?ref_=sr_1

Bates Motel : www.imdb.com/title/tt2188671/
10 years ago
The Twilight Zone
The Fugitive
Route 66
The Rifleman
Criminal Minds
The Young & The Restless (soap opera) I know, I know....but I've been watching this since college....
Monk
The Naked City
Sex and The City
It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia
10 years ago
I love Monk and The Fugitive.
10 years ago
Cincy:
I love Monk and The Fugitive.

Monk's a trip. And the movie doesn't compare to the tv series at all. They were two different animals it seemed.
10 years ago
I almost fainted when I noticed that NBC has this new incredible show named "Dracula" with divine Jonathan Rhys Meyers.

And the 4th season of "Grimm" Smile

Exciting series with very handsome anti-/heroes, what could I ask more of from TV ? Smile

Just discovered "Sleepy Hollow"...it´s right up my alley. Loved the movie by Tim Burton already. Me gusta mucho Smile

I also like "Ripper Street" and "Sherlock" and will have a look into "A young doctor´s notebook". I am into period dramas, crime and mystery.

Update Jan.10, 2014 :
=====================

Anyone who has watched "Atlantis" ? Or "Bates Motel" ? Or "Reign" ? Or "The Originals" ? Or "Miss Fisher´s Murder Mysteries" ? "Death comes to Pemberley" ?
Smile Have just discovered those and will see if I they are still running....I hope I do not miss out.
10 years ago
Supernatural - cant miss
NCIS
Criminal Minds
Sherlock
Grimm
Monk
Physch
Almost Human
10 years ago
Criminal Minds...J.J.has been kicking ass lately. Love her character.
Burn Notice...love the character of Fiona. Again, a woman who destroys anything with glee..
Undercover Boss....funny show.
10 years ago
The O.C.

I really love the background and the place where they played.

I spent my childhood in Orange Country.
10 years ago
PontNeuf:
Anyone who has watched "Atlantis:f121ca920d]
Yes, I watched a few episodes. I like the actors. However I get the impression that it's aimed at a younger audience so I stopped watching.

Or "Bates Motel" ?

Good actors too. But this drama is so over the top! If you like character-centered drama I recommend Boardwalk Empire.
Last edited by Sleuth on 12.02.2014, 06:33; edited 1 time in total
10 years ago

I love this damn show. I'm sure the spin-off is no slouch, but Kyra was the show. Sorry, best supporting cast ever, but you know it's true.
10 years ago
I loved The Closer, it took me a while to really like her. Agree she is the star and a damn good one at that.
Friends 10 years ago
Never get tired of the reruns, they (each character) just cracks me up.
10 years ago
Is anyone following The Following with Kevin Bacon on Fox? It's on its second season and he plays a retired FBI agent after a serial killer that has a cult. The serial killer, of course, wants him, too. I liked the first season, season 2 I'm not so sure about. It's not as fast and spectacular as the first season was, I think.
10 years ago
I have just finished watching House Of Cards, season one and two. I can't begin to tell you how incredible this series is! It has everything....drama, thriller, great story, suspense, etc. Kevin Spacey is great in this.all the actors shine. Watch it, and comment later... Smile
10 years ago
As far as Bates Motel goes...watched it nearly to the end, but not impressed. Have seen better. Wink
10 years ago
Lately I have been watching a lot of British television shows old and new.

Luther
Utopia
Downton Abbey
Sherlock...no new season until 2016 whaaaa
Peep Show
The Fall
Fresh Meat
and more that I can't remember

True Detective with Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson is well worth watching.
10 years ago
Growing up in denmark in the seventies, having only one tv channel that showed shows from ten years earlier and always prefering books to tv, I suppose I have not watched a lot of shows. In most cases I have watched one episode and decided it would be a waste of time. The only show I have watched from beginning to end is "angel" and that was because my husband loved it. I grew fond of it but it is not the best show made.
During the last couple of years i have been more convinced that there are shows worthy of my time. They are all mentioned here before but the list is not that long so I shall make it anyway:

True detectives - a really awesome and sinister universe reminding me a bit about The Ring. The story is amazing.
Game of thrones - having read the books and found that they were so well written I wanted to read them again. Also loving the fact that a Dane has finally made it to the screen, this is a show I would not miss.
Fargo - saw the film a long time ago and loved it. I am not sure where the story is going but I must say that it is catchy. The universe is so opposite hollywood and I find that unique. No glamour and gold here.
Walking dead - great show, lots of twists and really liking the characters
10 years ago
9 years ago
Lol. I just watched an episode of 'The Good Wife', and the credits roll by
such as..

"Eli" played by Alan Cumming

Hm, that name seemed familiar. Turns out he has a fragrance by CB I hate perfume, and even has a nude photograph to promote it Laughing
9 years ago
I mostly watch reality TV. Stuff like Catfish. Idk why. I guess I just don't have the attention span for twisty plots.
9 years ago
I just discovered Broadchurch, a crime mystery series. Five stars. The new Marco Polo on Netflix is good too.
9 years ago
Dalmajen:
I have just finished watching House Of Cards, season one and two. I can't begin to tell you how incredible this series is! It has everything....drama, thriller, great story, suspense, etc. Kevin Spacey is great in this.all the actors shine. Watch it, and comment later... Smile

Can't wait till season 3 where he takes his new job.
11 months ago

Game Of Thrones up until the last couple seasons 

The Sopranos

Better Call Saul

The Leftovers 

Halston if you have not seen this go watch it now  the scenes where he is creating perfume is great. The acting by Ewan McGregor as Halston is amazing.

Breaking Bad 

The Big Bang Theory until roughly half way through the series 

Fawlty Towers

The Ozarks

The Next Generation 

The Americans 

The Wire

Dexter

Rick and Morty

Preacher 

Fringe

Damages

Servant 

Deep Space 9

Voyager

Cooking shows where they are trying to win best cook/baker/chef etc

The Pacific 

One Foot In The Grave

Father Ted

Still Game

SHOWS I AM WATCHING NOW

Foundation  

House of the Dragon 

Silo

See

Just finished Gypsy with Naomi Watts on Netflix  shame it only is one series and not more.

There will be others I am forgetting about but those are the ones that come to mind for now. 

10 months ago

Oh Yes! A new season of Black Mirror coming this month. Can’t wait!

26 - 50 by 53
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Off Topic Best TV Shows (past & present)..
Jump to