Search Forum

Parfumo/Fragrantica

126 - 150 by 177
Re: The Parfumo Points 11 years ago
Gold:
Greysolon:
Exactly. Why would anyone to set up a system like Fragrantica's that seems purposefully designed to create conflict and petty retribution? Rolling Eyes

I guess it wasn't done on purpose, it seems to be the result of a lack of intelligence.
"Negative" reviews disappear from the site, since people vote them down. A stupid sytem. But... probably not intentionally designed. When Zoka started a couple of years ago, he didn't map it all out carefully and logically. The trouble is that he hardly ever gets rid of the "bad stuff" on his site. He just sticks to it, inflexible and stubborn.

Hey, hey, hey - "inflexible and stubborn" is way too critical. The host steps in when the drama becomes too loud. Until then, the policy is "Libertarian" = self-govern yourselves which makes for a lot of spontaneity. Free speech. Members do remind each other when the discussions get out of hand. Freedom until you get reigned in. Which is never a problem for those who conduct themselves politely.
11 years ago
Dlane1953:
Since when has a perfume site been "libertarian" or "republican" or "democrat"? And since when is rudeness and cursing considered "free speech"? Oh,please. We are grown ups here, and we are civilized grown ups. We respect one another, we don't stir up trouble among members because we have some agenda or other.

A while back, over at Fragrantica, there was a drama, I forget which was the reason. At that point, the host Zoka said that the site Fragrantica is "Libertarian".
Re: The Parfumo Points 11 years ago
Pipette:
Hey, hey, hey - "inflexible and stubborn" is way too critical.

Come on ... let me be as critical as I want to be...-

wasn't it freedom of speech you were advocating in your post?

That is the last thing I want to contribute as far as this thread is concerned. I'm afraid it drifts off into an all too familiar "Fragrantica"-mode. I've had enough of this in the past already.
11 years ago
Agreed Dlane and Gold.
11 years ago
Since I don't go there a lot I don't know what "Fragrantica mode" is but if there should be some old stories between some people who know each other from that site please get it settled via PMs.

It is okay to discuss Parfumo vs. Fragrantica but please do not bring it to a personal level between Parfumo users.
11 years ago
Dlane1953:
This IS rapidly drifting into "Fragrantica" mode, Pipette. If you like the rough-and-tumble of a "free speech" site, go there. Please. Your agenda seems to be to irritate members here at Parfumo, and then go back to Fragrantica and cause aggravation there. We don't need this.

This is so unfair. I am a peaceful person who visits easily both sites.
11 years ago
MiaVonTrost:
Aren't they open about it? There is a disclaimer next to the fragrance disclosing their affiliation.

Wasn't there to start with but I'm glad it's now out in the open.
11 years ago
Cryptic:
Wonderful! I can't wait to read him dissecting fragrances down to their subatomic particles. Bless your heart for inviting him.

Laughing
Cryptic, you naughty girl, oh how I love you! x
11 years ago
Pipette:
This is so unfair. I am a peaceful person who visits easily both sites.

Then simply just do this without further comment. No need to be misunderstood, Pipette. We know your point multiple times by now. So I don't see the need to bring it up anymore. I rather feel stuck in an endless time-loop because of all these threads discussing the same issue.
11 years ago
Dlane1953:
The word "Troll": can anyone describe/define this word for me?

Wikipedia:
In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion
11 years ago
Dolby:
Cryptic:
Wonderful! I can't wait to read him dissecting fragrances down to their subatomic particles. Bless your heart for inviting him.

Laughing
Cryptic, you naughty girl, oh how I love you! x

Right back at you, lovey!

Dlane, I think a troll is an individual so desperate for attention that she or he is willing to act like a pest in order to get it. Idea
Last edited by Cryptic on 30.04.2013, 17:26; edited 1 time in total
11 years ago
Ok, I think I get it, so you feed the troll by responding? They don't care if it is a negative reply. They just want a reply.

Please correct me if I am wrong.
11 years ago
Cincy:
Ok, I think I get it, so you feed the troll by responding? They don't care if it is a negative reply. They just want a reply.

Bingo! Unfortunately, it is easier said than done.
11 years ago
People, if we're just going to start squabbling, or more particularly start talking about someone who's not even a parfumo member, then we've jumped the shark IMHO.
11 years ago
All I can say is it's hard not to rise to the bait when you've been driven near batshit crazy for years. However, I acknowledge your point about the gossip, and will edit accordingly.
Last edited by Cryptic on 01.05.2013, 00:26; edited 1 time in total
11 years ago
Cryptic:
Cincy:

Bingo! Unfortunately, it is easier said than done.

I learned this lesson the hard way at the salon de parfum recently. After suffering for months under the tyranny of a troll whom I was trying to pacify and socialize, I finally let him go. Only now has my peace returned.

Just say "No" to trolls. No acknowledgement. No reply.

Twisted Evil
11 years ago
Sherapop:

Twisted Evil

Exactly. Trollery cannot be committed in a vacuum. Indifference is a powerful tool, people. Use it.
11 years ago
Dulcemio:
Sherapop:

Twisted Evil

Exactly. Trollery cannot be committed in a vacuum. Indifference is a powerful tool, people. Use it.

Agreed
11 years ago
Sherapop:
I learned this lesson the hard way at the salon de parfum recently. After suffering for months under the tyranny of a troll whom I was trying to pacify and socialize, I finally let him go. Only now has my peace returned.

Twisted Evil

A wise decision!

With all respect, Sherapop, but your troll was a stupid one since all he did was insulting you.

The more dangerous and intelligent ones create users in perfume communities, spend a lot of time and energy to be good friends with as much people as possible, even donate money. At some point, maybe after years, when they think they have achieved a "position" they start picking at and insulting a few other users. When they finally get sacked, they leave behind a horrible mess of frustration and disappointment, and many users put the blame on the webmaster for banning such a nice person!

One of that kind was best friends with all the ladies at the German site, but he became sarcastic and disrespectful whenever a male user posted an elaborate review - and so I think I was one of his preferred victims.

I never reacted and at some point he lost interest and simply ceased to visit Parfumo.
126 - 150 by 177
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Parfumo Community Parfumo/Fragrantica
Jump to