Search Forum

Looking for a new peach-scent

Looking for a new peach-scent 11 years ago
I'm a sucker for peach-fragrances, my favourite being Peau de PECHE by Keiko Mecheri... unfortunately, it's rather pricey and I don't want to cash out 140 Euros for one bottle of PdP at the moment.
Is there another fragrance in this style?
I'd be grateful for any recommendation. Wink
11 years ago
Look in your mailbox for a link.
11 years ago
I love peachy scents! Here are some of my favorite peaches:
Fresh Sake (peach + rice wine)(still in production)
Naomi Campbell Cat Deluxe (slightly spicy peach)
Paloma Picasso Tentations (peach stewed with cloves)
Jean Couturier Un Jardin a Paris (light summer peach)(just got a bargain bottle on US eBay)

I'll probably think of some more, but hope this helps.
11 years ago
I have been stumbling across "Péché Cardinal" repeatedly and it seems to be a benchmark peach, mentioned in the same breath with Peau de Peche. Hence I am mentioning it here, even though it is rather pricy.
11 years ago
Thanks a lot! Very useful replies...

I was wondering what the Jardin a Paris by Couturier would smell like, thank you so much PBullFriend.

MiaVonTrost, I'll check out Péché Cardinal, thanks!

Danke, Pipette, I got your link. Helpful. Comme toujours!
11 years ago
Peaches are all I smell in Mitsouko
11 years ago
Gold - I wish I could send you some samples, but I think it may be hard to send them to Germany from the US. Have you gotten samples from anyone in the US?
11 years ago
PBullFriend:
Gold - I wish I could send you some samples, but I think it may be hard to send them to Germany from the US. Have you gotten samples from anyone in the US?

Hi PBullFriend,
sending samples to Germany is no problem at all, Pipette just send me some lovely decants. She also got my envelope fine... - Very Happy
11 years ago
Digindirt:
Peaches are all I smell in Mitsouko

Wow!!! I love Mitsouko, anyway... - but I get the peaches only during the opening stage.
11 years ago
Gold:
PBullFriend:

Hi PBullFriend,
sending samples to Germany is no problem at all, Pipette just send me some lovely decants. She also got my envelope fine... - Very Happy

You have to lie at the post office when you fill in the custom declaration sticker information. You say: Gift, cosmetics - body cream, value $10., no commercial value.
NEVER, EVER STATE THAT YOU ARE SENDING PERFUME.

We have discussed this at length here:
www.parfumo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=884&high light=
11 years ago
Pipette:
You have to lie at the post office when you fill in the custom declaration sticker information. You say: Gift, cosmetics - body cream, value $10., no commercial value.
NEVER, EVER STATE THAT YOU ARE SENDING PERFUME.

We have discussed this at length here:
www.parfumo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=884&high light=

Thanks, Pipette! Yes, I guess that's the way you do it. In our case (sending sth from Germany to the US) - you don't even have to fill in any declaration form. They just don't ask you anything.
11 years ago
I'm a little hesitant because the people at my post office sometimes ask me what's in there and I've had a couple of packages refused. It's technically a big deal to lie to them, and not worth it to me.
11 years ago
PBullFriend:
I'm a little hesitant because the people at my post office sometimes ask me what's in there and I've had a couple of packages refused. It's technically a big deal to lie to them, and not worth it to me.

I sometime have a problem with telling a lie also. I try to make it half a lie Rolling Eyes Add a small notebook, book markers, hankies, small box with marbles or pebbles, (something else other then the perfume). The perfume somehow doesn't get mentioned.
11 years ago
I have no problem fibbing about "perfumes = cosmetics, body creams" because the regulations are ridiculous.

Just think that they are selling perfumes on board at the airplane to the passengers, and the plane carries loads of fuel, so if there were an explosion, it is not the flammable perfumes that make a difference.

As long as fibbing is not immoral - nobody gets hurt - I have no problem whatsoever.
11 years ago
Two inexpensive Peach dominant fragrances I know of are
1. Ellen Tracy by Ellen Tracy(beautiful and surprisingly complex for the low cost)
2. True Delight by American Beauty (Monster Sillage)

Peau De Peche is my Spring Signature Scent- but my significant other really can't stand it- so I don't wear it as much as I'd like.
Ellen Tracy is a good alternative that is fairly unoffensive with decent sillage and to my nose is Peach with a little Osmanthus, Plum and incense and clean white musk in the drydown, it smells peachy, plumy incensy and then remarkably clean without being soapy at the end. In the US it's 10 usd at TJMaxx for 3.4 oz and the bottle is also surprising well made for an economical fragrance. I'm surely going to repurchase in the future.
11 years ago
Flavorite:
Two inexpensive Peach dominant fragrances I know of are
1. Ellen Tracy by Ellen Tracy(beautiful and surprisingly complex for the low cost)
2. True Delight by American Beauty (Monster Sillage)

Thank you so much, Flavorite. I own "Ellen" by Ellen Tracy, but I think it's yet another one by Ellen Tracy, i.e. "Ellen Tracy" by ET is NOT equivalent to "Ellen" by ET. I bought my bottle of "Ellen" in GB, since this brand is not available in Germany.
"True Delight" - never heard of it, guess it will be hard to come by here in Germany, but I'll ask some friends who travel to the US in summer to look out for it.
11 years ago
Here's the bottle just incase:
http://goo.gl/ws3yhw

I saw it at a store we have in the US called Kohls, which is sort of every where and inexpensive.
11 years ago
dreaming by Tommy Hilfiger is a nice and not so expensive peach scent.
10 years ago
Have you tried Chopard - Casmir? Lovely peach and vanilla delight!
10 years ago
"Dolce Vita"

Have you ever tried this one? It's very woody, but also has a strong peach presence.
10 years ago
+1 On Dolce Vita, a sexy spiced peach.
10 years ago
"Mackie" has a strong peach influence.
10 years ago
Tresor is all about peach, for me.
Ditto for Micallef Rouge No. 1, but expensive!
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfume Recommendations Looking for a new peach-scent
Jump to