Search Forum

Books: what are you reading right now?

151 - 175 by 297
11 years ago
Cryptic:
Seatonica:
I love Possession and just about everything else by A. S. Byatt.

Me too! Have you read The Children's Book?

No not yet but thanks for reminding me. Love her short stories and fairy tales.

Do you read Margaret Drabble as well?
11 years ago
I haven't, but maybe it's time I started. I recall hearing good things about The Seven Sisters, I believe the novel is called? Time to order it from Kindle. Idea
11 years ago
What Remains by Carole Radziwill a memoir.

abcnews.go.com/GMA/Books/story?id=1179787&page =1
11 years ago
The Blind Assassin

Margaret Atwood
11 years ago
11 years ago
I'm reading Voss by Patrick White.
11 years ago
11 years ago
I am reading Dirty Wars: The World is a Battlefield, by Jeremy Scahill

scary, very scary (my government, that is)

Shocked
11 years ago
Strange Fits of Passion by Anita Shreve
11 years ago
Bossypants by Tina Fey
11 years ago
One on paleography of German scripts, one on sigillography and one on diplomatics.
All three are meant to help me getting some information out of a few manuscripts I am curious about. I hope it helps (not being a historian or anything of that sort).
11 years ago
11 years ago
River of Darkness by Rennie Airth. A thriller.
11 years ago
11 years ago
Finished Shania Twain's autobiography From This Moment On over the weekend. A whole nother side to the person comes out. Incredible what she has done before singing, what she had to go through and most importantly that insane betrayal. I hope she finally finds the right time to record another album and slays the music and country scene again.
11 years ago
11 years ago
Cryptic, some feedback on this when you are finished. Please
11 years ago
Sure thing, Cincy. So far, it's about a doctor who returns to her hometown to teach biology and look after her father. I love Barbara Kingsolver's writing, so I'm enjoying it. Have you read any of her other books?
11 years ago
Yes, I have a couple of them, that is why I wanted to know if it was good.
11 years ago
I loved "Animal Dreams," Cincy. I wouldn't necessarily recommend it to everyone, however. Kingsolver gets into ecology and saving the earth, which are issues that I personally feel people should be considering, but some might find it preachy and sanctimonius. The book also details some upsetting events, so it's not what I'd call a feel-good read. Do you have "Prodigal Summer" at home? That's my favorite Kingsolver and one of my favorite books ever, in fact. Smile
11 years ago
11 years ago
Cryptic:
I loved "Animal Dreams," Cincy. I wouldn't necessarily recommend it to everyone, however. Kingsolver gets into ecology and saving the earth, which are issues that I personally feel people should be considering, but some might find it preachy and sanctimonius. The book also details some upsetting events, so it's not what I'd call a feel-good read. Do you have "Prodigal Summer" at home? That's my favorite Kingsolver and one of my favorite books ever, in fact. Smile

No, I don't think I have that one.

I just started reading ....

The Magician's Assistant. Slow going at first, getting better.
11 years ago
11 years ago
The Tender Bar a Memoir

By J.R. Moehringer

This is going to be a good read.
151 - 175 by 297
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Off Topic Books: what are you reading right now?
Jump to