Search Forum

I have been.......

926 - 950 by 2160
11 years ago
I've been reading that Kelly Soo Park was acquitted. Has anyone been following this trial and know why that might've happened, since it sounds like the DA had strong DNA evidence?

Crypic-licious, perhaps, you?
11 years ago
EmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassed

Wha? I own a TV but it seldom gets turned on. Plus I forgot everything I knew about criminal law after I sat for the bar, sorry. #useless

How are you, dear Dulce?
11 years ago
I have been reading about it awhile ago.

Quote Defense attorneys say Park lacked the brutal, evil intent the crime required, and she wasn't there when Redding was killed.
However her DNA was all over the place.

I will keep my thoughts to myself, wouldn't change anything anyways. Rolling Eyes
11 years ago
You want to hear hilarious? I'm sitting here opening my snail mail and guess what I got?

DELAWARE COUNTY COURT OF COMMON PLEAS

SUMMONS FOR JURY DUTY

LaughingLaughingLaughing

I actually hope I get picked. Twisted Evil
11 years ago
Oh Cryptic, any jury would be lucky to have you, are you kidding.

The one and only jury I've sat on practically ruined my faith in our jury system. What a bunch of dumb-dumbs 50% of my fellow jurors were, they were completely snowed by the slick defense attorney, and he wasn't even that good. They threw all logic and common sense out the window in order to swallow his case. No verdict. It was so frustrating.
Facebook clutter 11 years ago
I have been cleaning up my News Feed string on Facebook.

It is unbelievable how many "things" come traveling down the News Feed time line. Ads, posts, things I never heard about claim a spot among friends who communicate daily with photos and little tidbits of news.

I don't have time for those extras coming down the pike. However, Facebook makes it purposely difficult to take something out, rather they encourage links to links to links, and before you know it, your own page is filled with ...

Okay, there is a tiny hook - barely visible - at the upper right hand corner of every post, and click on that, and a tiny window has the option to HIDE that particular post.

So, I went through like with a lawn mower and hided out the superfluous posts and left only my friends' news standing.

And the notations read:
This story is now hidden from your news feed. Unhide.

Well, better than nothing. Facebook is kind of hard to control.
11 years ago
No, it's all about settings, but not the place here to discuss Facebook, though.
Facebook has a detailed help section explaining the functions of Security settings, and Privacy settings and tools.
11 years ago
Dulcemio:
Oh Cryptic, any jury would be lucky to have you, are you kidding.

The one and only jury I've sat on practically ruined my faith in our jury system. What a bunch of dumb-dumbs 50% of my fellow jurors were, they were completely snowed by the slick defense attorney, and he wasn't even that good. They threw all logic and common sense out the window in order to swallow his case. No verdict. It was so frustrating.

Thanks, Dulce. Maybe I'll get picked for a criminal trial, but no plaintiff's attorney in their right mind would want me in a civil case. I'd get stricken for cause.

So glad to hear you served on a jury. It seems like most of the bright people I know make a point of getting out of it and then complain about runaway jury verdicts without seeing the irony. Sad
11 years ago
I have been...staying awake bidding on a pre-reformulated bottle of Dior Addict. 1 hour until the bidding ends on eBay. I'm going to be useless at work tonight. I won't invest in Bid Napper since I only bid once or twice a year on eBay.
11 years ago
Did you win the auction Hayven Confused:
I have been useless since my return from Atlanta airport hell. Evil or Very Mad
11 years ago
I have been thinking that Voluspa Jasmine Brown Sugar is a fragrance Hayven would love. Pure Sugary Sweet.
11 years ago
I have been enjoying this winning feeling of being screwed, disappointed for the first time today by a blind buy - Le 3e Homme
by Caron. All other ones until now have been exactly what I expected, or even more.
I added this impulsively, as to impart symmetry of something that I ordered for my wife...
And my expectations were squashed... he's big and stout and dense - like as elephant's @ss (pardon my swahili), and just as immeasurably boring, primitive, I would say - deadly dumb. IMO of course
The revenge of the shopping-Fairy, guess. Twisted Evil
Last edited by WolfM on 06.06.2013, 13:53; edited 2 times in total
11 years ago
Thanks ya'll for being so kind to me Smile I've been feeling much better!
I've been to the dentist's today. Ugh! Got my chipped tooth taken care of, finally!

Aaand I've been paying with my new software, making a slideshow of my perfume pics. I've been pretty thrilled by the results.

Now I wish we could embed Youtube vids into our blogs Smile
Facebook 11 years ago
I have been posting/sharing about www.parfumo.com on my Facebook news feed line, especially I posted the official logo.

The four leaves in those pastel colors.

A picture is worth more than 1000 words.

And, when they come here, they will find more than 1000 words - reading all these perfume reviews lovingly attributed by the perfumistas.
11 years ago
WolfM:
.. disappointed for the first time today by a blind buy - Le 3e Homme by Caron. (...) he's big and stout and dense - like as elephant's @ss (pardon my swahili), and just as immeasurably boring, primitive, I would say - deadly dumb. IMO of course
The revenge of the shopping-Fairy, guess. Twisted Evil
There is a shopping-fairy? Anyway, sounds like good material for a review. Wink
11 years ago
MiaVonTrost:
There is a shopping-fairy? Anyway, sounds like good material for a review. Wink

Fairy, yeah...
- only in her good days Smile this time i'm chanced on a baba Yaga Very Happy

Review ... Yes, I have material, but wouldn't risk with a review in English
11 years ago
Yes, I won it. Very Happy Good price too. It will ship in a week though. Oh well; I am patient.

Digindirt:
I have been thinking that Voluspa Jasmine Brown Sugar is a fragrance Hayven would love. Pure Sugary Sweet.

I would very much like to try it. At one point I wanted to blind buy Cocoa Tamarind but I think I will switch to the other instead. Dang you, enabler!
11 years ago
Hayven:
Yes, I won it. Very Happy Good price too. It will ship in a week though. Oh well; I am patient.

Enjoy, Hayven.

I love original Addict. It's the only perfume I own where one full spray is too much. A half spray suffices and lasts all day long.
11 years ago
I have been endlessly tweeking a research paper but it really is time to let it go.

Other than that I've been trawling digitized newspaper archives looking for obscure serial stories about convicts.
11 years ago
I have been having an absolute bear of a week, and I'm so glad it's Friday I could do the Snoopy happy dance.

11 years ago
Here you go Cryptic, it's time to dance.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPgewHpf-q4
11 years ago
11 years ago
Lisky:
That was lovely, Dulcemio & Cryptic - thank you - they really made me smile.

Have been a bit behind all day after a rare trip to London yesterday to watch daughter's b/f's grad. concert, lovely, but resulted in a very late night.

Happy weekend everyone Smile

I have been waiting for you to post. Razz

I understand being behind from your trip. Rolling Eyes I am wondering if I will ever take another one. Rolling Eyes

Happy weekend to you and all Parfumo members.
11 years ago
Dulcemio:
Here you go Cryptic, it's time to dance.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPgewHpf-q4

Damn, this is a catchy tune! I cannot stop humming it! I can't, I can't!! Laughing
926 - 950 by 2160
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Off Topic I have been.......
Jump to