51 - 75 by 131
11 years ago
I recently watched:

Drive

Lincoln

Chloé

and

Black Narcissus
The last two mention perfume, so I'll review them at the salon de parfum...

Lincoln was SLOW. Drive was WEIRD. I gather that Ryan Gosling has a huge fan club? I don't know. His "strong silent type with toothpick dangling from mouth" did nothing for me.

Wink
11 years ago
Sherapop:
I gather that Ryan Gosling has a huge fan club? I don't know. His "strong silent type with toothpick dangling from mouth" did nothing for me.

Wink

But Ryan loves you, Shera.

11 years ago
Cryptic:
But Ryan loves you, Shera.

LOL

But seriously, Cryptic, did you see Drive???????
Confused: Confused: Confused: Confused: Confused: Confused: Confused:
11 years ago
I did not, Shera. I know Mr. Gosling mostly from the "Hey girl" meme. Wink
11 years ago
Drive was a bit odd to me. There's another film with the Gos coming out soon that is in a similar style named Only God Forgives.
Recently, I saw Star Trek Into Darkness twice. I liked it a lot. So many good looking fellas. Razz

I also watched Transformers 3. I didn't like that one at all.
11 years ago
The Films i Saw recently

Summer with Monika

Red Sorghum

Ju Dou

Mongol

The Lives of Others

Thirst
11 years ago
Hayven:
Drive was a bit odd to me. There's another film with the Gos coming out soon that is in a similar style named Only God Forgives.
Recently, I saw Star Trek Into Darkness twice. I liked it a lot. So many good looking fellas. Razz

I also watched Transformers 3. I didn't like that one at all.

I'm weird, I guess. I have no desire to see him act. I'm perfectly content with this:

DRAGON 2011 11 years ago
Dragon is a 2011 Hong Kong-Chinese martial arts thriller film directed by Peter Chan, starring Donnie Yen, Takeshi Kaneshiro and Tang Wei. The movie is a fascinating fusion of a detective story, forensic science, action, humor, politics and family drama.

A gripping story about the dark side of human nature. There are several intriguing things that are worth nothing. First, Detective Xu Baijiu believes that the law is more important than humanity. His blind obedience to the law contrasts sharply with the corrupt officials accepting bribes, which is a political satire. Please note what happens to the villain at the end, which ridicules the unscrupulous legal system invented by humans.

Last edited by FloraMilena on 12.07.2013, 13:48; edited 1 time in total
13 ASSASSINS 11 years ago
Cult director Takashi Miike (Ichi the Killer, Audition) delivers a bravado period action film set at the end of Japan’s feudal era. 13 Assassins - a “masterful exercise in cinematic butchery” (New York Post) - is centered around a group of elite samurai who are secretly enlisted to bring down a sadistic lord to prevent him from ascending to the throne and plunging the country into a war torn future.

11 years ago
Lola82:

It rarely happens to me, but I was unable to watch this film. I found it insufferable and seriously couldn't take it anymore after about twenty minutes.

Rolling Eyes
Thanks for heads up! 11 years ago
I want to see MONGOL now!
11 years ago
Just watched A Beautiful Mind last weekend...why have I never watched this film before it was amazing.
11 years ago
Re: 13 ASSASSINS 11 years ago

OMG I HAVE THE DVD I SAW IT

I GIVE YOU THE PROS AND CONS

PROS

1 WELL Written
2 Visually Stunning
3 Great Prolonged Fight Scenes

Cons
1. Some of the CGI Effects where sort of Cheesy like the
Flaming Bull that looks so Fake and Bombing of the Bridge
2. The First Half of the Film was a bit Slow but kept pace during
other half.

So i would give it 4 1/2 out of 5
11 years ago
I Also saw

Ok I don't really care for Tom Cruise i Watched it
Because i Love the Samurai Culture and that is why i brought the dvd
11 years ago
I was supposed to go into work, but I was put on-call instead. I too watched a Tom Cruise movie, Oblivion. I liked it a lot more than I thought I would. Reminds me of the video game Portal/Portal 2 a little. Tom Cruise doesn't age it seems!
11 years ago
Hayven:
I was supposed to go into work, but I was put on-call instead. I too watched a Tom Cruise movie, Oblivion. I liked it a lot more than I thought I would. Reminds me of the video game Portal/Portal 2 a little. Tom Cruise doesn't age it seems!

your right he doe'snt seem to age
like I do I look younger then my age of 28
I look more like 15 or 16
11 years ago
One of my perennial favorites, THE BIG LEBOWSKI. Here's a taste:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=GZR58d77a4A
11 years ago
Cryptic:
I'm weird, I guess. I have no desire to see him act. I'm perfectly content with this:

But Crypticious, his acting is what put him on the map! Smile The man is not merely eye candy, he is soul candy too. Please tell me you've seen The Notebook. (I eschewed that movie for the longest. Silly me.)

m.youtube.com/watch?v=N9xCGOYA6m8

And in Fracture he went head to head with Anthony Hopkins, no easy task.
11 years ago
Now I have to watch the whole movie just to see if they get together in the end. I also watched the trailer and the "I waited for you for seven years!!" line killed me. Crying or Very sad #ninny

www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC6biTjEyZw
11 years ago
Yeah, I totally understand. They marketed that movie wrong with that damn poster of them kissing in the rain, which made too many of us do this Rolling Eyes

After ignoring everyone's advice for years, I finally noticed that thing had James Garner, Gena Rowlands and Joan Allen in it, and they wouldn't be in a dumb movie. And of course they weren't. It's a blatant and shameless tear-jerker, yes, but few can remain impervious to its charms.
Wink
11 years ago
You know why I never saw it? Back when it first came out there was a guy by the name of Terrell Owens who played wide receiver for the Philadelphia Eagles. Biggest idiot that ever idioted, and he happened to go off on a tangent in the middle of a sports interview, recommending this movie. I figured it would be about as enjoyable as eating a box of tacks.
Last edited by Cryptic on 18.08.2013, 22:08; edited 1 time in total
11 years ago
Biggest idiot that ever idioted. Smile Love it!
11 years ago
Cryptic:
You know why I never saw it? Back when it first came out there was a guy by the name of Terrell Owens that played wide receiver for the Philadelphia Eagles. Biggest idiot that ever idioted, and he happened to go off on a tangent in the middle of a sports interview, recommending this movie. I figured it would be about as enjoyable as eating a box of tacks.

Haha! Yeah, Cincy, when Cryptic turns nouns into verbs, you know she's serious!

Well, Cryptic, I totally understand. Stupid by association. And mind you, I didn't even need some dumbass to deter me, it was just that damn poster! But there's something about that flick that seems to transcend all levels of IQ and coolness. And I do believe it is ground zero for Gosling worship. So, a little piece of history. Smile
11 years ago
Speaking of being influenced about movies in one way or another by a celebrity, I saw a movie once that I might never have seen because Jack Nicholson said he loved it in a British mag interview, and that was BOTTLE ROCKET. I loved it too.
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Off Topic Good movies you have recently watched
51 - 75 by 131
Jump to