Search Forum

DOLBYWORLD

676 - 700 by 1338
11 years ago
Looks like it belongs in the junk yard. Shocked
11 years ago
I think it looks like a crane after a tsunami, They have even painted it rusty old red.
11 years ago
I will nominate The Catford Centre in Catford South London for it's inspired advertising gimicky sculpture horror.
11 years ago
Another South London gem, The Faraday Memorial, on a roundabout at Elephant & Castle. This is a sculpture by brutalist architect Rodney Gorden representing a Faraday cage and houses the electric substation for the underground. The council has never, to my knowledge, made this fact known to anyone. Nobody in the area has a clue what it is or what it's for, or what it represents. It's just called that box!
Last edited by Smellsogood on 22.06.2013, 14:50; edited 1 time in total
11 years ago
Great descriptions Dlane, Cincy, and Smellie!
Laughing
11 years ago
How about the bra necessity research project that went on for 15 years? We talked about that on Cincy's thread, I think.
11 years ago

Nothing to do with today's topic but ...
Laughing
11 years ago
I read recently that a study was performed in The Netherlands where it was concluded that some parents live vicariously through their children and hope they fulfill their own unfulfilled dreams.

Really.
11 years ago
Dolby:
I nominate "The Orbit" which is Britain's tallest public piece of... "art", built for the latest Olympics.
Pass the sick bucket when you're done.

Awww, condolences, Londoners.

Perhaps in time you will come to appreciate it more and hate it less, a la Tour Eiffel? Laughing
11 years ago
Dulcemio:
Dolby:
I nominate "The Orbit" which is Britain's tallest public piece of... "art", built for the latest Olympics.
Pass the sick bucket when you're done.

Awww, condolences, Londoners.

Perhaps in time you will come to appreciate it more and hate it less, a la Tour Eiffel? Laughing

I have an idea: let's nominate the olfactory equivalent of this sculpture. I vote for

Thierry Mugler "Angel"

Razz
11 years ago
I have an idea: let's nominate the olfactory equivalent of this sculpture. I vote for Thierry Mugler "Angel:429bc4beb9] Ahaha ... Ooops. Asking for trouble Shera? Wink
11 years ago
Shera,

I nominate "Opium"

For the simple fact the statue is total balls out, pedal to the metal, I-don't-care-if-you-like-me-or-not, I will occupy this space regardless. (Or should I say "irregardless." The statue seems like it would use "irregardless.") Wink
11 years ago

Today is: National Pet-Peeve Day
(Name those top five blessed things that people do that nearly drive you to drink, up a wall or maybe right round the bend).

Here are my 5 ... What are yours?Evil or Very Mad
11 years ago
... And a 6th for good measure...
11 years ago
Dolby:
... And a 6th for good measure...
]

Good one.

My biggest PP right now is watching destructive children destroy other people's property while their parents ignore them or pretend they are doing no wrong.

I'll stop here.
11 years ago
I'm so glad that you asked Dolby. I've been wanting to share these with someone:

1) public trash cans which must be touched in order to be used

2) big ugly labels left on things (including trash cans, coolers, and related receptacles!!!!)

3) drinking fountains set so low that one is basically making mouth contact with the previous drinker

4) the sound of two pieces of styrofoam rubbing together

5) the fact that I am forced to learn the identities of all of the companies which any of my Facebook friends have "liked". I DON'T WANT TO KNOW!!!! I don't want your 4 million thread count sheets. I don't care if you shop at Amazon!!!! I don't want to know that you like Walmart! No, No, No, just NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

It's hot, and I'm grumpy. That should suffice for now.

Twisted Evil
Last edited by Sherapop on 26.06.2013, 04:15; edited 1 time in total
11 years ago
#6: People who yell at their dogs for straying from the curb--or for walking too fast, or for not walking fast enough...

For heaven's sake: they're DOGS!!!!!!!
Rolling Eyes
11 years ago
It's not a petty gripe, either. If you've ever stumbled into the bathroom in the middle of the night and sat down in the bowl then you know what a big deal this is. Men, take note. Idea

11 years ago
Cryptic:
...sat down in the bowl...
Laughing
Actually, that reminds me of a young woman who called a radio talk show a few years ago to explain that she nearly died of fright the night before, because she sat on her grandmother... who already was on the toilet in pitch darkness!!
11 years ago
Stop it Dolby LaughingLaughingLaughing That is so funny.
11 years ago
Cryptic:
It's not a petty gripe, either. If you've ever stumbled into the bathroom in the middle of the night and sat down in the bowl then you know what a big deal this is. Men, take note. Idea

Yep, has happened to me. It was awful.

Now, what do you say to the argument that men have to put the seat up when we leave it down, so it's all a wash?
11 years ago
Pet peeves and not psychotic f**king hatreds?

Okay, I have a few of those:

People who throw lit f**king cigarettes out the window of a moving vehicle. It is wrong for SO many reasons.

People who weave dangerously in and out of traffic lanes so they can reach their destination 20 seconds sooner.

Actually these two can easily slide into psychotic f**king hatred territory, so I'd better stop listing things before I get worked up. Smile
11 years ago
Dulcemio:

People who weave dangerously in and out of traffic lanes so they can reach their destination 20 seconds sooner.

Thank you, Dulcemio, for reminding me of one of my top traffic behavior peeves:

People who accelerate to a stop light and then slam on the brakes because the light is red!
Mad
Notify about new comments
676 - 700 by 1338
Jump to