Search Forum

DOLBYWORLD

801 - 825 by 1338
11 years ago
Hmmm, msybe a blow dryer is what I need to tame this wild mane of mine.
Im pretty sure I'm too lazy to use it though.

Anti butt wiggling spokesperson here Laughing
11 years ago
My favorite gadgets are my Kindle Fire HD and my cell phone. If I'm not using one, I'm using the other. I rarely touch my PC anymore unless I need to type a lot.

Dolby, the hair dryer isn't good for the locks anyway, so you're not missing out. I have one but only use it once in a blue moon.
11 years ago
okay, look, those of you born with fabulous hair not needing to be tamed or otherwise manipulated into social acceptability, well, I'm SO happy for you! Rolling EyesLaughing
11 years ago
Hayven:
My favorite gadgets are my Kindle Fire HD and my cell phone. If I'm not using one, I'm using the other. I rarely touch my PC anymore unless I need to type a lot.

Dolby, the hair dryer isn't good for the locks anyway, so you're not missing out. I have one but only use it once in a blue moon.

I can't argue that heat is very damaging to your hair, but I try to counteract the abuse with conditioner and frequent trims. If I could be at all objective about my hair, it probably doesn't look all that bad in its natural state. However, most of us have things that we're insecure about and no amount of logic or reassurance ever seems to make any difference. So, I'm like Linus with his blanket when it comes to my hairdryer. On the other hand, I can walk around with no makeup and not give it a second thought.
11 years ago
Dolby:
Dulcemio:
Okay, then, you must try it sometime, it's very, how do you say, freeing.

Laughing
X

Am I the only woman who doesn't own a hair dryer?

I don't own a hairdryer either. I have never been able to blow dry my own hair as I am too ticklish. I know a bit mad!
11 years ago
I own one but never use it. NC short hair.
11 years ago
My hair didn't require heat until I started layering it in my early twenties, and those layers just don't behave on their own.

I've been using blowdryers and flat irons (plus washing it) nearly every day for the last &*@#$ decades and my hair is still super shiny, healthy and full. I think maybe that's 50% products and 50% genetics, I don't know.
AMEN 11 years ago
Dolby:
Dlane1953:
It's not sentiment that she hates--just cutesy glitter! Laughing

Correct!
The big cat is cool indeed Wink

In honor of Dolby's coolness and love of big cats. This is NOT a photoshopped picture. This is Hercules the 900lb. liger. The veterinarian who cares for him says that looking into his eyes is like looking into the eyes of god.

Blowdryers 11 years ago
I have long hair. In the winter it just takes too darned long to dry and I would be freezing without blowdrying. In the summer I just dry to damp and let air dry or twist up.

Seriously how can you go without a blowdryer in winter. Forget the fashion. What about those of you who live in areas that get freaking cold!!!!
Shocked
Actual Perfume Comment 11 years ago
Hey Dolby have you sampled Neela Vermeire's TRAYEE?

I just did yesterday. I HAD to say something because I know ya love deep, rich, complex, spicy, unusual beauties. This one is way out of my usual choice range as Miss Fresh Floral lover.

However, TRAYEE is so gorgeous I had to mention it. I truly think you would enjoy this one.

Cheers!
11 years ago
+1. I've adored Trayee since I tried it, but Mohur was a stealth love. It's now my fave of the trio. The Blingee one is lovely, but not in the same echelon as the other two, IMHO.
11 years ago
Cryptic:
I can't argue that heat is very damaging to your hair, but I try to counteract the abuse with conditioner and frequent trims. If I could be at all objective about my hair, it probably doesn't look all that bad in its natural state. However, most of us have things that we're insecure about and no amount of logic or reassurance ever seems to make any difference. So, I'm like Linus with his blanket when it comes to my hairdryer. On the other hand, I can walk around with no makeup and not give it a second thought.

I'm not innocent; when my hair was long, I used a flat iron every day. Otherwise I was a fuzzball. Just reassuring Dolby little tis all because I'm weird like that.

I live in in a cold area. My home is generally warm and I wash my hair a few hours before bed and it's dry by then.
11 years ago
I am dying to sample Neela Vermeire, especially Trayee sounds so gorgeous!
And in case you all wanted to know, I have a blow-drier, never use it although I have lots of long curly hair - Aveda Be Curly does the trick for me.

My fav gadget is an epilator .. Embarassed
11 years ago
Have any of you ladies ever smoked a cigar? Just curious. Confused:
11 years ago
Surprised hai guys, I didn't know you moved out here!
11 years ago
Flora that tiger is a freaking monster! Wow! Incredible
Shocked
Trayee's notes are an orgy of goodness. Sounds delish indeed. Thanks, will see if I can procure a sample.

Re hair drying. I always wash mine in the evening, comb it, and it dries as I sleep. Perfect and soft.
If I dry it with a blower, I end up with what I lovingly call "Pube Head".
No thanks.
11 years ago
Cryptic:

A puff or two, didn't like it.

How about you?
LMFAO!!! 11 years ago
Dolby:
Flora that tiger is a freaking monster! Wow! Incredible
Shocked
Trayee's notes are an orgy of goodness. Sounds delish indeed. Thanks, will see if I can procure a sample.

Re hair drying. I always wash mine in the evening, comb it, and it dries as I sleep. Perfect and soft.
If I dry it with a blower, I end up with what I lovingly call "Pube Head".
No thanks.

PUBE HEAD!!!!! Laughing
Cigars 11 years ago
I don't smoke anything. However, I like the beautiful scent wafting out of a fine tobacco shop. It would make a beautiful addition to incense.
11 years ago
Dulcemio:
Cryptic:

A puff or two, didn't like it.

How about you?

No. I asked because I was wondering about the attraction. You don't inhale so there's no nicotine rush, which was what I used to like about smoking. Confused
11 years ago
Not for very long, but I did smoke. It was veryveryvery fun and I still miss it.
11 years ago
Cryptic:
Not for very long, but I did smoke. It was veryveryvery fun and I still miss it.

Cryptic, bite your tongue! Laughing There might be youngsters listening. Laughing

I smoked for a couple years in my early twenties when I had a boyfriend who smoked (that is strictly a young woman's move, isn't it?) Laughing back when the concept of my own mortality was merely a vague and abstract concept (ahh, youth!). And I absolutely don't miss it. Especially when I smell cigarettes on someone's breath, ewww. Few things turn me off more.
801 - 825 by 1338
Notify about new comments
Jump to