Search Forum

If your favourite scent was an art style....

1 - 25 by 26
If your favourite scent was an art style.... 11 years ago
....which one would it be ?

My favourite scent is Mitsouko by Guerlain.

In my humble opinion Mitsouko fits to be an early baroque creation, like one of Vermeer´s paintings. Full of light but with a twist within.
11 years ago
"Safanad" by Parfums de Marly

smells mainly of orange blossom, but - and here I am predisposed by the marketing and the company website - and after all, there is that soft leathery smell ... so ... a painting of horses comes to mind.
L'Eau de Kasaneka by Menard 11 years ago
I see this as 15th-16th century Japan's Momoyama period gold silkscreen painting.

Birds and Flowers of the Four Seasons, Momoyama period (1573–1615), early 17th century
Kano School
Japan
Pair of six-fold screens; color on gold-leafed paper

Amouage Honour Woman 11 years ago
I feel the opulent majesty of Mughal Art as glorified forever in the Taj Mahal. The fantastically intricate delicacy of the Marble lattices, the sumptuously rich marble inlay throughout. The cold creaminess of the white marble carved into the most sensually feminine monument ever made.

TRAYEE by Neela Vermeire 11 years ago
In this complex perfume, I feel that ancient Hindu cosmology has been realized in scent. It brings to mind SHIVA NATARAJA. Here is a 12th century Indian bronze statue depicting the deity.

At the most fundamental level, the image tells the story of Shiva, the god who presides over the cosmic cycle of creation and destruction. The dancing Shiva is enclosed within a circular mandala of flames (prabhamandala) shown on a flat, two-dimensional plane, while the gestures of Shiva’s arms and legs describe a circle in space, in three dimensions. With your imagination, you need to supply the fourth dimension — time — which cannot be expressed in the static image: if you stare at the image and let the dancer begin to move, he will start to whirl in a circle, in the direction shone by his left leg which is lifted up and moving towards the right, as is his lower left arm.

So what we see here is a cycle, a circle, a whirling dance in which opposed forces are in perfect balance. To read the story of the forces that are both unleashed here and held in check, we need to look at Shiva’s arms (four of them) and his legs. They tell the story of creation and destruction which has happened not just once but over and over again, and not just in the world outside, but in the world within, especially within the hearts of Shiva’s worshipers.

Regarding Favorites 11 years ago
I have more than one favorite perfume. And my choice varies with the seaon and my mood. I think this is a fantastic thread to share beautiful art and beautiful perfume as art together.
Very Happy
11 years ago
FloraMilena already nailed some of my favorites. Smile

"Hippie Rose" has to be Peter Max.
Ambre Nue by Atelier Cologne 11 years ago
It would be old woodden architecture, maybe a medieval church in Finland or in Russia.
11 years ago
I think "Dune" cries out for Salvador Dali.

Re: If your favourite scent was an art style.... 11 years ago
PontNeuf:
....which one would it be ?

My favourite scent is Mitsouko by Guerlain.

In my humble opinion Mitsouko fits to be an early baroque creation, like one of Vermeer´s paintings. Full of light but with a twist within.

I usuallly associate perfumes with music/sounds. Rarely anything else.

for art styles... just 2 associations:

Coco -baroque
Yria -art nouveau
Narcisse Noir by Caron 11 years ago
This benchmark narcissus brings to mind the outrageously sensual elegance of Jean Marc Nattier. So perfectly composed. So utterly beautiful in form. So flawlessly refined in subtle silken finish. And yet....so voluptuously decadent, so coldly sophisticated, and so very extremely poshly.......sexual.

Madame de Pompadour, 1748
Fille de Berlin by Serge Lutens 11 years ago
This ravishingly beautiful rose makes me think of 19th century Italian Romanticism in all it's glory. So deeply passionate, so intensely intoxicating in wine dark roses, so velvety rich in emotion.....it immediately made me think of:

THE KISS by Francesco Hayez, 1859

Excellent! This is nearly the concept of Scent on canvas! 11 years ago
Painter use the olfactory experience to free the imagination and create a canvas.
A perfume inspire a painter.
The pigments used in the painting will suggest the name of the perfume (ex: Rose opera)
scentoncanvas.com/maria-colucelli/?lang=en
11 years ago
Circe Invidiosa for "Poison"

11 years ago
us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=5ee5c0cba960fb46a 819b9608&id=67eb57bbee&e=000ee271b3

There is going to be an exhibition in Cortina and Rome, Italy, where perfumes have been turned into paintings.
11 years ago
For the pre Reformulated L'heure Bleue
These come into mind

The Suppleness of Mucha's La Trappistine

Or the Golden Hues of Klimt's The Kiss
Beautiful! 11 years ago
We can have a beautiful gallery here! Everyone's choices are very thought provoking. Very Happy
11 years ago
Carnival Evening reminds me of the cold, strange beauty of Iris Silver Mist.

11 years ago
www.perfumeshrine.com/

Scent on canvas - perfume review.
11 years ago
"Carnal Flower" = Georgia O'Keefe.

Guerlain: L'heure bleue 11 years ago
reminds me of Art Nouveau/Jugendstil, especially depictions of iris, which was a favorite flower then.

Alphonse Mucha: Iris, from the Flower Series, 1895, litograph
1 - 25 by 26
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Parfumo Community If your favourite scent was an art style....
Jump to