Search Forum

Boozy fruits

Boozy fruits 11 years ago
Hi all. I would like some recommendations on boozy fruit type perfumes to sample. For some reason, I have a hankering to try some for the fall.

I heard Badgley Mishka was a bit boozy (as so eloquently described by Sky in her review of it on here), but I don't think I would be able to obtain a sample and I don't want to risk a blind buy.
11 years ago
I found (the Shiseido version, more so)"Feminite de Bois" to be Boozy fruit- or maybe stewed and jammy. Keiko Mecheri's "Ume" is just like Umeboshi Liqueur to me. Also Fresh "Sake", Frapin's "1270", Omnia Profumo's "Madera", and my personal favorite boozy fruit fragrance- Ginestet "Botrytis" (smells like Sauterne wine). I'm sure I'll think of some more once I've had some booze and figs.
11 years ago
I was going to post KM Ume and Frapin 1270 (both of which I own), but Flavorite has already done so!
11 years ago
Hayven, I have a feeling you meant boozy in terms of liquor. But I'm going to follow Flavorite's lead and suggest a wine scent that is great for fall: "Dzhari" by Phaedon. It's a blend of Malaga wine, dates and terra cotta with a hint of smokiness. It's very rustic, deep and earthy. The scent of wine and dates are a great match. Dzhari has a fairly assertive personality but cool weather keeps it in check so it's perfectly suited for fall days when leaves are in full color. Dolby wrote a review of it that is spot on.
11 years ago
Wine, rum, schnapps, whoever and whatever. Smile I'm looking forward to procuring samples of these. I've been happy with the Keiko Mecheris I have tried, and Dzhari sounds perfect for the weather change we are experiencing here now.

Thanks ladies and gents.
11 years ago
Kelly & Jones might be the right thing for you.
Or Ex Vinis.
They both produce fragrances inspired by wine.
11 years ago
Greysolon:
Hayven, I have a feeling you meant boozy in terms of liquor. But I'm going to follow Flavorite's lead and suggest a wine scent that is great for fall: "Dzhari" by Phaedon. It's a blend of Malaga wine, dates and terra cotta with a hint of smokiness. It's very rustic, deep and earthy. The scent of wine and dates are a great match. Dzhari has a fairly assertive personality but cool weather keeps it in check so it's perfectly suited for fall days when leaves are in full color. Dolby wrote a review of it that is spot on.

Ooooh, Dzhari sounds delicious!
11 years ago
Jesus Del Pozo's "In Black" is a dark, heavy cherry booze with licorice. Perfect for autumn evenings.
11 years ago
Scarletting:
Jesus Del Pozo's "In Black" is a dark, heavy cherry booze with licorice. Perfect for autumn evenings.

Indeed it is. My daughter stole it from me. It's a great suggestion.
11 years ago
Great recommendations so far. Very Happy
A few more suggestions here:
www.basenotes.net/t/367757/soft-boozy-slightly -sweet-fruity-and-or-nutty-perfume
11 years ago
@Scarletting, I swapped that one away and told myself I would buy it again someday...and then I forgot to. Laughing Time to get that one back!

@Dolby, looks like I will be delving into some Frapin or Byredo, which I thought of prior to opening the topic but just needed a little confirmation. Thank you. x
11 years ago
@Hayven, I'm always in love/hate with it. On a warm day it's simply too cloyingt, though that's nothing against In Black as I'm sensitive to sweetness in all perfumes.
During colder months it's perfect... stands out from the winter crowd of tuberose florals and gourmands, too.
11 years ago
A*Men Pure Malt

Smells like those cherry liquor chocolates when u split them open.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/srnRN5J.jpg?1[/IMG]
Notify about new comments
Jump to