Search Forum

What Smells Repell You No Without Perfumes

126 - 143 by 143
10 years ago
Oh Pipette- my husband has done the same. I will eat to be polite. He will not. We had dinner with friends and the food was horrible. He ate next to nothing and I gorged. I was kicking him under the table.

She went to so much trouble but it was bad! Now we meet them out for dinner. Laughing
10 years ago
DaisyDukes:
Oh Pipette- my husband has done the same. I will eat to be polite. He will not. We had dinner with friends and the food was horrible. He ate next to nothing and I gorged. I was kicking him under the table.

She went to so much trouble but it was bad! Now we meet them out for dinner. Laughing

I am burning with curiosity. Are you able to say what the meal was and what went wrong, without blowing your anonymity?

People can be too polite like that, though. I once overcooked some fried chicken and was telling my guests (friends), "I'm so sorry, the chicken is too dry." They assured me it was fine. Liars.
10 years ago
It was some type of rice casserole. I'm not really confident but I think it had ground beef? It was the saltiest dish I have ever eaten in my entire life. Salt was definitely a main ingredient- not a seasoning.

My husband stopped at McDonalds on the way home. Very Happy. I was really annoyed with him.

I think most of us have made cooking mistakes. Knowing her as well as I do now, she just cooks with gobs of salt. It was quite intense.

PS- I like my chicken dry.
10 years ago
Pipette:
Is this an online dating encounter ?

Smile

Very Happy
Regarding food 10 years ago
I take small bites and chew for a long time. LOL It's hard. I feel the need to be polite, and then don't want to look rude by looking like I don't enjoy it either. Hard to manage sometimes.
10 years ago
Dlane1953:
I hate the smell of a house that's been closed up for a long time, the air stale with old cigarette smoke and cooking odors that seem to permeate the walls. One that hasn't had a breath of fresh air in years.

This is suffocating. Makes me think of......dungeons somehow.
10 years ago
I detest the smells of air travel. Airplane smells. All those windows yet none of them open. Rolling Eyes
10 years ago
Has mothballs been mentioned. If not it is now.
10 years ago
DaisyDukes:
Airplane smells. All those windows yet none of them open. Rolling Eyes

I once tried. This only made things worse about the smell in the salon
10 years ago
DaisyDukes:
I detest the smells of air travel. Airplane smells. All those windows yet none of them open. Rolling Eyes

I've not flown many times but something about the air pressure in the cabin almost drove me insane. I'm not afraid of flying, I enjoyed the sights out the window and such, there was just something between the canned air and forced stillness that really got under my skin. There was a "smell" to it but that was only part of the equation.
10 years ago
Dlane1953:
I hate the smell of a house that's been closed up for a long time, the air stale with old cigarette smoke and cooking odors that seem to permeate the walls. One that hasn't had a breath of fresh air in years.

Depends how old the house is, for me. If it's been long enough that the lived-in smells are gone leaving dust and dry wood I enjoy it, it's like I'm somehow going back in history, discovering lost relics. When I was little there was a burnt out house up the mountain near my friends' home. While bushfires and the damage they do are horrendous, I was riveted by it, picking through the black and collapsed debris. There's a fascinating smell to that too, when ash and charcoaled beams get soaked by rain.
10 years ago
Limburger cheese. I love eating this on rye with thin sliced onions and salt and pepper. Unbelievable that I can eat this because of the smell.
10 years ago
I'm sampling ouds again today, for the first hour or so this one smells like blue cheese left out in a humid room. Pong! I do like the idea of these ouds though, the idea of heavenly reward after trial-by-stink.
10 years ago
The smell of a computer meltdown, partially because fried electronics do stink but also because of the aggravation to come, esp. if you haven't backed everything up. Rolling Eyes
10 years ago
Burnt food or mainly the smoke that fills the air from it.

Airosol propellent like from spray paint, I dont mind the paint but the propellent part is an immediate headache.

Ammonia from a dirty catbox.

rotting food, the sweet yet sour, especially from meat. Gag time
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Off Topic What Smells Repell You No Without Perfumes
126 - 143 by 143
Jump to