Search Forum

Some thoughts about cats and dogs

426 - 450 by 529
10 years ago
WolfM:

19! Wow! I hope my little guy lives that long. What a sweet photo.
10 years ago

10 years ago
Perfumecrazy:

Ha! Hilarious!

Laughing
The 40 most awkward dogs of 2013 / Hunter S Thomcat 10 years ago
The 40 Most Awkward Dogs of 2013
http://www.buzzfeed.com/chelseamarshall/the-mo st-awkward-dogs-of-2013

Hunter S Thomcat
http://thebloggess.com/2013/01/there-are-actua l-holes-in-the-rubber-seal-from-the-cats-chewi ng-on-it-theres-not-warranty-for-that-but-the- way/

me: Really? Hunter S. Thomcat is sleeping in the most dangerous place in the entire house.

Victor: Don’t be ridiculous. He knows you’re never going to use that thing.

me: Touché.
10 years ago
A PET'S TEN COMMANDMENTS.........

1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any separation from you is likely to be painful.
2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.
3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well-being.
4. Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainment, but I have only you.
5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand your voice when speaking to me.
6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it.
7. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I could hurt you, and yet, I choose not to bite you.
8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food, I have been in the sun too long, or my heart might be getting old or weak.
9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You too, will grow old.
10. On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please. Never say you can't bear to watch. Don't make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there, because I love you so.
10 years ago
This is slightly off topic but Dulcemio's post brought it to mind: My partner, family, friends and I have lately been discussing the Nonhuman Rights Project (Jane Goodall is one of the Board).

To quote from their website:
The Nonhuman Rights Project is the only organization working toward actual LEGAL rights for members of species other than our own. Our mission is to change the common law status of at least some nonhuman animals from mere “things,” which lack the capacity to possess any legal right, to “persons,” who possess such fundamental rights as bodily integrity and bodily liberty, and those other legal rights to which evolving standards of morality, scientific discovery, and human experience entitle them.

I am comforted by the idea of world in which animals have legal rights.

http://www.nonhumanrights.org/

Now... this is our dog, Patsy's, brand new dog house - not that you would know from this photo. My son had literally just constructed it, put her bedding and favourite toy in, turned away for a minute and Reilly moved in. My son said 'now somebody needs to break this to Patsy'.

10 years ago
Patsy is currently drafting a strongly worded email to the Nonhuman Rights Project in protest against the abovementioned feline squatter.
10 years ago
Perfumecrazy:
Patsy is currently drafting a strongly worded email to the Nonhuman Rights Project in protest against the abovementioned feline squatter.

I love this story!!!!!

Razz
10 years ago
Sherapop:
Perfumecrazy:

I love this story!!!!!

Razz

I will be sure to let you know how it pans out. Patsy is hitting the chicken necks pretty hard so she might have grounds for a secondary psych claim on top of the property issue. Reilly is quietly confident, I.e. fast asleep Laughing
D, Patsy v D, Reilly [2013] 10 years ago
Both parties agreed to enter mediation to settle the dispute but talks quickly broke down:

There is nothing else for it: I will have to pop up to the shops and buy another dog house before this gets ugly.
Re: D, Patsy v D, Reilly [2013] 10 years ago
Perfumecrazy:
Both parties agreed to enter mediation to settle the dispute but talks quickly broke down:

There is nothing else for it: I will have to pop up to the shops and buy another dog house before this gets ugly.

You are too funny!

Laughing
10 years ago
Perfumecrazy,

That is so funny, I can't stand it!

What's a kitty to do? Since boxes are kitty magnets, and that's just a super fancy box!
Laughing
I think now is a good time to reprise this one:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=jnMgqceRcxQ

Edited for spelling.Embarassed
Last edited by Dulcemio on 14.12.2013, 22:29; edited 1 time in total
10 years ago
Dulcemio:

Simply adorable! I like how this one ends with a détente.

Very Happy
10 years ago
Sherapop:
Dulcemio:

Simply adorable! I like how this one ends with a détente.

Very Happy

Yes, it has a nice arc, doesn't it! Smile
10 years ago
Dulcemio:
Perfumecrazy,

That is so funny, I can't stand it!

What's a kitty to do? Since boxes are kitty magnets, and that's just a super fancy box!
Laughing

Edited for spelling.Embarassed

Thank you so much for posting this - it's just hilarious watching these little cat v dog dramas playing out. That little white dog dragging his bed all over the place...lol. And the pug... 'does that make you sad?' Aw. The ending gives me hope that, one day, Patsy & Reilly might even share the dog house/cat box Laughing Maybe I should sit them down and make them watch it.
10 years ago
Such a fun video Dulce.
I love how totally nonplussed the cats are.
Ah!
10 years ago
Dolby:
Such a fun video Dulce.
I love how totally nonplussed the cats are.
Ah!

Me too, Dolby. Smug little things, they are. I think I'd be smug too if I had those lightening-fast reflexes. The sweet puppy dogs don't stand a chance, and they all know it! Laughing
10 years ago
Perfumecrazy:
The ending gives me hope that, one day, Patsy & Reilly might even share the dog house/cat box Laughing Maybe I should sit them down and make them watch it.

Laughing Please report back on any developments.
10 years ago
Dulcemio:
Perfumecrazy:
The ending gives me hope that, one day, Patsy & Reilly might even share the dog house/cat box Laughing Maybe I should sit them down and make them watch it.

I will. Patsy v Reilly is a daily drama being played out in my house. We enable Reilly though by caving in to him. He owns his own executive office chair. Who does that? Smile I don't even have my own executive office chair. I share. But not Reilly's. Heck no. Reilly hasn't learnt 'sharing'.
10 years ago
Reilly's lawyer says he has 'affluenza' and cannot be held responsible for his actions.
10 years ago
Embarassed
Last edited by Greysolon on 19.12.2013, 22:55; edited 1 time in total
10 years ago
Perfumecrazy:
Dulcemio:
Perfumecrazy:

I will. Patsy v Reilly is a daily drama being played out in my house. We enable Reilly though by caving in to him. He owns his own executive office chair. Who does that? Smile I don't even have my own executive office chair. I share. But not Reilly's. Heck no. Reilly hasn't learnt 'sharing'.

*Raises hand with ambivalence* I do, I'm afraid. I just bought an upholstered chair that will be used by humans for approximately one cumulative hour per year. I got it specifically for the cats to sleep on. I made sure it was wide enough for the two young ones to snuggle up together, and I put it at a distance from the bed that I knew they would approve of - about 4 feet. Because few things make cats happier than having several viable choices (whether it be sleeping spots, toys or food), am I right?
10 years ago
Uh oh. It sounds like our cats have us both wrapped around their tiny, furry, sharp clawed fingers.

You are absolutely right about cats needing viable choices. If you don't provide them, they create their own. And feline self-identified options are *rarely* ideal for the humans or canines sharing the cats' households.

For example, need a comfy bed? Use the humans' bed. Need a cosy box? Steal the dog's house. Need a scratching post? Use the brand new Italian sofa. Hungry? How about that steak defrosting on the sink.... Laughing
10 years ago
10 years ago
426 - 450 by 529
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Off Topic Some thoughts about cats and dogs
Jump to