Search Forum

Guess that scent. A game:

3376 - 3400 by 4531
10 years ago
Sonoma Scent Studio? Voile de Violette?
10 years ago
That's correct, Cryptic!

(And it happens to be the scent that launched me into the world of niche fragrances years ago, so it was the beginning of my own mission trail!)
10 years ago
SystemeD:
That's correct, Cryptic!

(And it happens to be the scent that launched me into the world of niche fragrances years ago, so it was the beginning of my own mission trail!)

Ahhhhh sweet SystemeD, thanks for sharing. I like reading about these tidbits of info.
10 years ago
Nice! You never forget your first niche. Mine was Petite Cherie. Smile
The names of these four perfumes have something in common. If you guess one you should be able to figure out the rest.

1. ___ in something that's considered politically incorrect

2. Polarizing note ___'s deceitfulness

3. Atomic number and symbol ___

4. A Pearl S. Buck novel is wealthy.
10 years ago
Hmmm. Well, for number 4 I'm going to go with "The Good Earth". Clue number two makes me think of amber, since the amber we know is not actually amber at all and it is a love/hate kind of note. I'm running off to an appt though so, assuming either of those are correct assumptions, I'll leave it for someone else to put together all the perfumes. Smile
10 years ago
You're partially correct on #4, Red, but #2 has nothing to do with amber. Guess again. Wink
10 years ago
Cryptic:
Nice! You never forget your first niche. Mine was Petite Cherie. Smile
The names of these four perfumes have something in common. If you guess one you should be able to figure out the rest.

1. ___ in something that's considered politically incorrect

2. Polarizing note ___'s deceitfulness

3. Atomic number and symbol ___

4. A Pearl S. Buck novel is wealthy.

Living up to your name again!

Wink
10 years ago
I hope it's not one of my crappers that nobody can figure out because it's so lame. I'll start handing out clues soon if it's too obscure.
10 years ago
When you say #4 was partially correct, can you clarify? Is it perhaps another book in the trilogy?
10 years ago
I have no idea if I'm barking up the wrong tree but I'm feeling a kind of elemental theme.
10 years ago
Yes. Forget about elements.

This may help to clarify things for you. Type "Good Earth" into the Advanced Search box and see what you come up with. Idea
10 years ago
I did earlier, and the other perfumes from the same house are what lead me to an elemental theme, heh. Combined with #3 I thought I was on to a good thing. Otherwise #3 is just so broad, there are so many perfumes based on periodic table concepts. Hmmm.

That's fine, I'll watch and read and see if others have more progress!
10 years ago
#4 - "The Good Earth is Rich" (A Pearl S Buck novel is wealthy) but still thinking about the other 3. I might be overthinking it as you said if we work out one the rest should follow. Am looking for the link...
10 years ago
#2 - "Tubereuse Criminelle"?
10 years ago
#1 - "Le Golliwogg"? About as un-PC as you can get.
10 years ago
#3 - "Nuclear Edition - Atomic Risk"? Or "Molecule 01"?
That's my guess now . I'm probably way off base. When Scarletting comes back from her appointment she will nail it.
10 years ago
Oh, I got so swept up in considering the other three I forgot to list the perfume name itself! Heh. Now I understand why you said "not exactly"... I was listing the clue and not the scent! Embarassed

The first perfume that came to mind when I read #3 was "Not a Perfume", but I'm unsure how that would link with "The Good Earth is Rich".
10 years ago
And I'm only looking at names but not the links. Lol. Maybe between us we can get it together. It's a very tricky set of clues.
10 years ago
From #4 there are three main themes in the name; earth, goodness and richness. Since their names are supposed to tie in and it's not something elemental, if we mark off "earth" we're left with good/evil and wealth. So it may narrow down #3 to something "rich" like gold, platinum, silver etc or even something precious but lesser known like rhodium, but after some brief searches in the database I can't find any perfumes that share both the name and symbol of a precious metal.
10 years ago
Nevermind, I was looking for names and symbols, not atomic number and symbols! I'm a little slow today!
10 years ago
I was just thinking something similar. I was looking at wealth. We know it's not elemental but it could be a precious metal that is the earth link. I hadn't thought of the concept of good and evil but the political correctness and deceitfulness could fit that theme. #3 is the wildcard.
10 years ago
All of the fragrances by the house called "nu_be" have names that are atomic numbers and elements:

"1H Hydrogen"
"2He Helium"
"3Li Lithium"
"6C Carbon"
"8O Oxygen"
"16S Sulphur"
"80Hg Mercury"

I think it's great that we seem to be working together on this one!

(Perfumecrazy, do we know one another from many moons ago on the F site? Your avatar looks awfully familiar!)
10 years ago
Oh - the link may be planets. Earth, mercury...?

Hey S - no I just got this avatar recently. I change them a bit. It's Coco.
10 years ago
Perfumecrazy:
Oh - the link may be planets. Earth, mercury...?

I think you're on to something there! SystemD I had looked at nu_be but none of the elements seemed to fit into my idea but... hmmm!
10 years ago
However if we followed that idea, the only "politically incorrect" planets or sky objects I can think of are perhaps Mars, which is war, and war being a sore topic... or even "Uranus", but that's just possibly offensive, not politically incorrect.

My first guess for something deceitful in this vein would be the moon, which in planetary associations is considered secretive, mysterious and fickle. Hrm. I'm not sure. We may be following the wrong road here.
3376 - 3400 by 4531
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Parfumo Community Guess that scent. A game:
Jump to