Search Forum

Quotes.....

301 - 325 by 401
10 years ago
...and pure oudh is unbelievable -- it's an infection of the aquiver tree in India. In response to the fungus the tree creates an incredible dense amber resin that smells of mould, sweet decaying wood, vivid green notes. Most people hate it when they first encounter it and yet it seeds itself in your imagination -- becomes addictive.

The Perfume Collector, Kathleen Tessaro
10 years ago
10 years ago
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
~ Bernard M. Baruch
10 years ago
"My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style."
~ Maya Angelou
10 years ago
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.”
― Nelson Mandela
10 years ago
And may he RIP
10 years ago
''IF''

- the answer of the Spartans, when Philip II of Macedon sends this message to them: "You are advised to submit without further delay, for if I bring my army into your land, I will destroy your farms, slay your people, and raze your city."
10 years ago
Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.
~ Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon
10 years ago
“Footfalls echo in the memory, down the passage we did not take, towards the door we never opened, into the rose garden.”
― T.S. Eliot
10 years ago
"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen."

- Ernest Hemingway
10 years ago
Ridicule is the burden of genius.

- Daffy Duck
10 years ago
"Going to spring break at Ft. Lauderdale, getting drunk and flashing your breasts isn't an act of personal empowerment. It's you, so fashioned and programmed by the construct of a patriarchal society that you no longer know what's best for yourself. A damsel too dumb to know she is even in distress."

--- Chuck Palahniuk
10 years ago
Cryptic:
"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen."

- Ernest Hemingway

Ain't that the truth. So much so that when you come across a good listener it seems slightly remarkable.

"The opposite of talking isn't listening. The opposite of talking is waiting."
--- Fran Liebowitz
10 years ago
''IF''

- the answer of the Spartans, when Philip II of Macedon sends this message to them: "You are advised to submit without further delay, for if I bring my army into your land, I will destroy your farms, slay your people, and raze your city.:e0de8f8316]

So funny! I looked this up to learn more and found that Philip decided not to invade Sparta after all. Laughing
10 years ago
Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.

- Mark Twain
10 years ago
MiaVonTrost:
Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.
~ Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

That would explain a lot! Starved for the attention that they don't receive from family and friends (even negative attention IS attention, after all). Only a silly teenager would go on a forum and lie about their experience and education in an effort to start an argument. Sad and pathetic, and hopefully they grow out of it someday.
10 years ago
You will not be punished for your anger. You will be punished by your anger. – Buddha
10 years ago
Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing.
10 years ago
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”

---Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorien Gray
10 years ago
“When we're incomplete, we're always searching for somebody to complete us. When, after a few years or a few months of a relationship, we find that we're still unfulfilled, we blame our partners and take up with somebody more promising. This can go on and on--series polygamy--until we admit that while a partner can add sweet dimensions to our lives, we, each of us, are responsible for our own fulfillment. Nobody else can provide it for us, and to believe otherwise is to delude ourselves dangerously and to program for eventual failure every relationship we enter.”

― Tom Robbins

perhaps the truest thing anyone's ever said in the history of saying things
10 years ago
“Who knows how to make love stay?

1. Tell love you are going to Junior's Deli on Flatbush Avenue in Brooklyn to pick up a cheesecake, and if loves stays, it can have half. It will stay."

---Tom Robbins
10 years ago
"Just because you're naked doesn't mean you're sexy. Just because you're cynical doesn't mean you're cool."

---Tom Robbins
OMG, Dulcemio, what's with the Tom Robbins fest today?
Notify about new comments
301 - 325 by 401
Jump to