Search Forum

Marine scents : beach in a bottle :)

1 - 25 by 42
Marine scents : beach in a bottle :) 12 years ago
Hi there! Very Happy

Who also adores marine scents?

What perfumes do you have or want?

Do you have suggestions on what to try?
Or on which perfumes disappointed you or were just not your taste?

Let see if I can make this work Wink :

"Aqua di Sale" www.parfumo.com/Perfumes/Profumum_Roma/Acqua_d i_Sale I tried and I sooo want but I find it to expensive to buy a full bottle off :/ So... On the hunt for a decant Wink

"Beachy Lilly Pullizer" www.parfumo.com/Perfumes/Lilly_Pulitzer/Beachy I just bought on Amazon after a manufact. sample was gifted to me by a friend who knows my taste Smile I did keep the sample for months and months, retrying and trying to find a better one. But that did not happen Wink

"Aquallissima Hilde Soliani" www.parfumo.com/Perfumes/Hilde_Soliani_Profumi /Acquiilssssima and "Sel Marin" are to heavy on the seaweed to me.

And I just bought after much deliberation a fb of "Lily Beach Jacques Zolty". www.parfumo.com/Perfumes/Jacques_Zolty/Lily_Be ach
It was one of the first marine scents I tried. I adored it on the spot but did not want to stick with the first one I tried. But in the end I still ended up with it hahahah

And "Marine Jovoy" www.parfumo.com/Perfumes/Jovoy_Paris/Marine I bought in good deal. Love/hate relationship I have with that one Laughing
12 years ago
Actually I do not like marine scents. *g*

But there are two that I tested, that I found wonderful, even if I wouldn´t wear them. It was sea and beach and coast wind, the rough climate of the European Atlantic:
"AOD" by Lostmarc'h and (on a quite sunny day though) "Côte d'Amour" by L'Artisan Parfumeur.
12 years ago
xcan´t stand beachy scents...so here some scents that I don´t like Razz
"vittoria apuana"
"bobbi brown beach"
DSH beach blanket (dunno if it availeble anymore)
pucci acqua
several of the Dsquared heWoods would probably suit you
12 years ago
I'm not a huge fan of marine scents, but I was impressed with this one: "Pioggia Salata" by Il Profvmo (which means 'Salty Rain' in Italian) it's very beautiful, it does smell like the sea on a windy, cloudy day... sort of melancholic but very nice Smile
12 years ago
Hi Guusje!

I really love perfumes which remind me of beach, sun and sea. But I generally can't stand acquatic perfumes, sorry. Wink

For me, "Bois Naufragé" by Parfumerie Générale is one of the most beautiful perfumes, reminding me of lazy days passed by the sea, sunbathing or fishing in the hot sun of Florida. Just feeling great. Wink

I ordered some days ago a sample of "Sel Marin" by Heeley. I'm really looking forward testing this perfume. Perhaps it's worth a try for you.
12 years ago
If you can get your hands on

The Body Shop -Oceanus.
Rochas -Aquawoman.
Ralph Lauren -Blue.

for me those hit the idea of marine. (helps that they are blue themed)

RRCM2- Bisous
12 years ago
I got no typical beachy scent, but I guess "luscious pink" is in that category too.

like I already told guusje I'm excited about "Beachy" when reviews turn up Wink
12 years ago
What about "Sel de Vétiver"?
12 years ago
I also love beachy scents! Some of my favorites are "Sel Marin", "L'Eau de Monteil" and "Azuree Soliel"
I tried "Beachy" did not like it at all! I also have "Marine Sel" by Tokyo Milk. It's ok, would not be my favorite. I am always on the look out for more Smile
12 years ago
the perfumes of Filles des Îles seem to be beachy scents when looking on the notes - one even incorporates sand as a note. Unfortunately I don't know anything about them because the people of this niche didn't reply me. So I don't know if samples are available or what Confused
12 years ago
You must try Mr. Hulot's Holiday from CB I Hate Perfume. I like the idea of aquatics, but in practice am very picky. My one marine scent is Mr. Hulot's Holiday, which is joyous. A second option you may find interesting is Inis.
12 years ago
I assume, waht you mean is that it smells like the sea rather than typical tropical island fragrances?
If so,
"Aqua Motu" is pretty much what I imagine a clear sea to smell like Smile
12 years ago
"Beach Blanket", however, smells wonderful if you're after the beach bum feeling -- yummmy sunscreen smell
12 years ago
I have a difficult time stomaching aquatic fragrances:

seasickness ensues!!! Crying or Very sad
I tested and liked The Different Company Sel de Vetiver

I swapped my bottle of Aqua Motu away because it was too musky for me

You might like the three colognes by Tocca: very light with sort of beachy vibes. They also combine notes in creative, unexpected ways...

Cool
12 years ago
How about Noir Marine by Phaedon.
12 years ago
offtopic. Am I the only one who misses the asociated images of the perfumes in a posts? Rolling Eyes
12 years ago
Bouzeos:
offtopic. Am I the only one who misses the asociated images of the perfumes in a posts? Rolling Eyes

I sort of like this system--when it works! It allows people to put their cursor over the quoted name of a perfume to see its image. The only glitch is that you MUST type the name exactly as it appears in the database.

Example: "Arpege" vs. "Arpège"

Wink
12 years ago
Sherapop:
Bouzeos:

I sort of like this system--when it works! It allows people to put their cursor over the quoted name of a perfume to see its image. The only glitch is that you MUST type the name exactly as it appears in the database.

Wink

Silly me: I guess that accents are not needed after all!
Laughing
12 years ago
Sherapop:
Sherapop:
Bouzeos:

Wink

Silly me: I guess that accents are not needed after all!
Laughing

But now I see that in embedded messages (quoted) the perfume images do not appear even though they are still apparently linked... interesting...
12 years ago
Floris Sirena,Floris Amaryllis,Comptoir sud Pacifique Aqua Motu!
12 years ago
How about Christiane Celle "Calypso Marine"?

Cool
12 years ago
I just got a bottle of Calypso Marine. Nice aquatic. The opening is a bit sharp, but dries down to a nice salty, sandy beach. Looking forward to wearing this one in summer.

I also got a bottle of Bronze Goddess. This is a summer favorite of mine. You may want to try these.
12 years ago
Can anyone give me their thoughts on CB I Hate Perfume At the Beach 1966. Thanks!
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes by Note, Accord, Genre Marine scents : beach in a bottle :)
1 - 25 by 42
Jump to