Search Forum

I have been.......

2001 - 2025 by 2160
10 years ago
I have been adding a massive amount of donations to my raffle topic.

I have been trying to keep my stress level down as I don not have every single thing on Little Dig's Christmas list yet.

I have been luxuriating in a hoard of spa day gifts from various members across the globe.

I have been packing shoe boxes full of stocking stuffers for a few people who need them.

I have been working a lot of hours for the last several weeks and wondering is retirement real or is it something fabricated that people of a certain age came up with to trick us into thinking we have something to look forward to.
10 years ago
Digindirt:
I have been adding a massive amount of donations to my raffle topic.

I have been trying to keep my stress level down as I don not have every single thing on Little Dig's Christmas list yet.

I have been luxuriating in a hoard of spa day gifts from various members across the globe.

I have been packing shoe boxes full of stocking stuffers for a few people who need them.

I have been working a lot of hours for the last several weeks and wondering is retirement real or is it something fabricated that people of a certain age came up with to trick us into thinking we have something to look forward to.

Wow...just reading your post made me want to rest. That's a full plate.

I have been tying up loose ends at work, and doing prep at home for my trip to see the family this weekend.
10 years ago
Moving to freezing cold snow dark Michigan in December...If it wasn't for Keiko Mecheri's Peau de Peche and Aqua Di Parma's Colonia and a New Job t fund my fragrance addiction and a luxury rental apartment- I would probably be trying t slit my own wrist right now!
10 years ago
Ughh, Flavorite that sounds like torture. Michigan weather seems worse than Illinois...and it's pretty darn bad there. Congrats on the new job though!
10 years ago
I have been to a shop that only sells knockoffs. When there are 3 differences it's apparently legal. The shop I visited was even in a good part of town, on a better location than l'Occitane. I tried a "1 Million" imitation that they sold for EUR 16,99. No thanks!
10 years ago
Last week of moving- back at my farm house which will remain idle until I'm ready to really retire in several years and start my own Perfume consulting business (dreams!!!). I am wondering how in the heck to safely transport 50 large bottles of perfumes-to Michigan...perhaps I should have stuck with my soap obsession...perfumes are so heartbreakingly fragile and all the more precious!
10 years ago
Yikes, the only suggestion I have Flavorite is to move them in the winter/cold months.

BTW, I had the soap obsession once upon a time, I still have soap to last me a lifetime. Laughing
10 years ago
Flavorite, if you have the original boxes to your perfumes, just put the perfumes in their boxes and "tetris" the boxes to fit in the box. For those that don't, wrap each one in a plastic shopping bag or rolled up in a sock and place them all in a box.I was able to transfer all of mine that way with no trouble.

I have been...feeling like an idiot. Apparently Ellie the kitten is a boy! I wonder what my boyfriend will rename him.
10 years ago
How about L.E. Razz

That was funny Hayven.
10 years ago
I have been taking down the Christmas decorations. Seems like I am always a box short. Don't remember buying anything last year without a box to store them.
10 years ago
Hayven:

I have been...feeling like an idiot. Apparently Ellie the kitten is a boy! I wonder what my boyfriend will rename him.

Haha! It happens to the best of us, Hayven! When the vet informed me, ooh, that was embarrassing. But kitty was just so darn fluffy down there!

How about Eli?
10 years ago
We thought about Eli. My boyfriend's aunt suggested Ollie, so we're going with that. Smile

Cincy, I know that feeling. I lose a lot of ornament hanger thingies.
10 years ago
I have been looking forward to another mid week day off, can't wait.
10 years ago
I have been marking my calendar so I can hopefully make it to the Philadelphia Flower Show this year.

I have been getting excited that MANTS is coming up next week, I'm all ready to go.

I have been a grouch tonight because it's slowing outside and I'll have to get up early to clean the car off in the morning.
I have been... 10 years ago
ColdcoldcoldOMGCOLD! Waahhh! Crying or Very sad
10 years ago
I have been

babysitting a few times. Ben is now 2 months old. I find it slow to get back to the intimacy of baby care. It is a very leisurely pace with lots of "down time" where I would read, the usual pace of adult stimulating things, to be rudely and quickly interrupted by the baby's crying and then slow, slow to do proper baby care. But he is so sweet.
10 years ago
and adorable.
10 years ago
I have been catching up on some much needed de-cluttering.

I have been bracing myself for the cold weather that is being predicted for later this week.

I have been planning what Celebrity Scents I will be wearing this week. In attempt to rotate my bottles, last week I had Niche week, this week is Celebrity week, next week Vintages week. I have been hoping this will prevent new bottle purchases.
10 years ago
Dig, the idea to rotate based on category is fantastic. Even with my relative few, it's always hard to decide, so I think I'll rotate based on release date or bottle height or something.
10 years ago
I've been rustling around the kitchen doing the usual tasks, and am always amazed that my cats can recognize the sound of the treat bag being handled and opened and come running from another room, even though it sounds (to me) identical to a few other reclosable plastic bags I've handled this morning.

I've been moping around hoping my sinuses will stop trying to slowly murder me.
10 years ago
I have been organizing a spare bedroom into an exercise room. Enjoying the snow and wishing for more. Moving around a lot of furniture.
10 years ago
I have been doing a lot of reading, snuggled up under wool blankets.
10 years ago
I have been wondering why the meteorologists keep sensationalizing the weather. I was expecting to feel -15 degrees wind chill today but I actually felt a little overheated.
10 years ago
I have been doing rain dances here in California. 80 degrees in January just isn't right. They are talking water rationing soon if we don't get rain - I don't want my yard and plants to all die.
10 years ago
I have been complaining, "I want my Internet, I want my Internet" ... being bored with spotty and faulty service all day long. And we just changed providers to Time Warner Cable. I think it is the weather.

Back in shape now.
2001 - 2025 by 2160
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Off Topic I have been.......
Jump to