Search Forum

I have been.......

2051 - 2075 by 2160
10 years ago
@ Sorceress - are you consciously putting on only soft perfumes when you are around your little grandson?

(I am wearing "Vepres Siciliennes" = spicy, "Anima Dulcis" = chocolate sweet, and was thinking of wearing "Oppoponax" ...)
Sprayed under the clothes only, but sometimes I forget and realize that I have put perfume on the neck and am supposed to burp young baby!)
10 years ago
@Pipette: When I went to visit this past week, I wore "Halston". My daughter originally told me before his birth she didn't want me to wear any perfumes around him. But, she knows that is so very difficult for me. By the time I did get there, I had already stopped at two stores on the way and managed to pick up two perfumes. I couldn't resist spraying a bit of "Hanae Mori" on to test it. By the time I reached my daughter's she mentioned she could smell my perfume, but didn't complain. So, yes, I'm not wearing my heavy-duty ones, but I am wearing perfume.
My thought is, my grandson will grow up knowing his Gramma wears perfume, and different ones, beautiful ones. That's her passion. Maybe I'll be the one to teach him about the beauty of scent.
But I don't have to wear anything loud to do it, like "Angel", or "Hypnotic Poison" or "Dior Addict", or even "Coco", which are rather strong for a baby. I adore those scents. But not around my grandson. I'll wear milder scents right now. And wear them lightly. Benzoin is another that's out, too. But I'll put perfume on the back of my neck and and swish it through my hair.
I've also tested "Bon Genre" to see how that runs, and altho seemingly light, changes its course over many hours, so it's a nice perfume to wear, similar in concept to "Hanae Mori". A skin scent that changes over many hours and lingers. That works for me. It satisfies my needs and the needs of not overwhelming the baby, too. We're all happy, then...
10 years ago
I did, Cincy. And she said, "ok, well, thank you!" I think she was a little confused but we'll leave it at that. She used my tablet this weekend and found all my fragrance links, hehe.

@Sorceress, my sister and I used to have dance parties in the family room. She called them "Janet Reno dance parties" and I didn't understand what that meant until I was much older and saw a rerun of SNL. Laughing
10 years ago
I have been recovering from my super bowl party. Going back to bed now. Sad
10 years ago
@Hayven: I like your sister's sense of humor. I've been watching SNL since the inaugural show. I still giggle when I think of John Belushi's Samurai Swordsman.
For those who remember...

youtu.be/CQxHe2CT-ec
10 years ago
I have been digging out for three days. I'm moving to a warmer climate before I break my back.
10 years ago
You can be my neighbor, Dig. Wink but not much gardening here.
10 years ago
Sorceress:
@Hayven: I like your sister's sense of humor. I've been watching SNL since the inaugural show. I still giggle when I think of John Belushi's Samurai Swordsman.
For those who remember...

youtu.be/CQxHe2CT-ec

I miss that SNL era.
10 years ago
I have been watching the weather forecast every day.

?? Which busses are running to the place of babysitting.
10 years ago
And I have been bitching about the weather forecast everyday. Evil or Very Mad
10 years ago
How about some LOVE on Valentine's Day?
10 years ago
Pipette:
I have been watching the weather forecast every day.

?? Which busses are running to the place of babysitting.

So Pipette, do you baby-sit daily? And take the bus to get there? Wow, that's a dedicated Gramma! What fun tho it must be to spend the time with the little one.
10 years ago
Yes, 5 days, while mom and dad drive to their jobs. Then I say, "now it is you and me" and start the day. I wish to have a positive impact on that little child. Time will tell.

When the Profile selection of 100 photos is exhausted, that little kid is probably a few years old. We are foreseeing 3 years of babysitting.
10 years ago
I have been smiling alot since I've been visiting my grandson. I've spoken in the past about my daughter's concern should I wear perfumes around my little grandson. When I visited last week, I had stopped first at a perfume store on the way that I never get to visit. Needless to say, I did smell of perfume, but I tried to keep it in check.
I held him for hours to give her a rest and finally went home. She texted me later saying "her son smelled of perfume...lol". I texted back telling her that" little Bram had whispered to me what smells so good Gramma? And that I told him it's perfume, and someday Gramma will teach him all about it." Then I told her Bram was wearing Nicole Miller.
Wasn't sure of the reaction, but she texted back laughing. So crisis averted with humor. I'm glad. So now I know perfumes aren't the worst thing around my grandson, my daughter has loosened up.
10 years ago
Lovely. Later, the little ones say something about their grandma and I hope that it is favorable.
10 years ago
@Pipette: oh you will! Have a positive impact. So much better than day care, I believe, especially for an infant. Exhausting, yes. But I admire you for it. A day well worth every minute! You're so very lucky
10 years ago
I have been watching ice dancing and thinking, "just do a triple axel or a triple toe loop already!"
10 years ago
I have been de cluttering and Im realizing that I am allergic to dust!

I have been trying to grown into my role as the Mommy of a pre-teen by loosening the reigns but it is soooooooo hard!

I have been kicking myself for buying while on my no buy. Crying or Very sad
10 years ago
Digindirt:
I have been trying to grown into my role as the Mommy of a pre-teen by loosening the reigns but it is soooooooo hard!

I can only imagine the amount of worrying that goes on. Parents, I don't know how you people do it. Though you have to gradually loosen the reigns so that you'll end up with a 17-year old whose judgment you can trust, right? Look at it like an investment in your own future peace of mind! Laughing
10 years ago
Absolutely Dulcemio. He needs to be independent at some point, I'm not planning to be his sidekick when he's 17!

I have been freezing out there tonight, watching my big baby show me tricks on his ripstick. Since I had to do this after work, it was also dark. There's nothing worse than being cold and hungry...unless you're lost of course.

It's quite an investment.
10 years ago
I have been doing some research into taking the California bar exam. Exclamation
10 years ago
I have been babysitting straight for 3 whole weeks, and the plan is for 3 more years.

My sweet little grandson is now 3-1/2 months old. He is beginning to make direct eye contact and out come little cooing sounds. "He talks!" is the cry of the joyful parents and grandma.

I just love it. This is the beginning of conversation. I can now respond and we have a silly one-on-one "conversation". This is so helpful to read his signs of joy, contentment, sleepiness or hunger. Hunger is not missed because that is a definite cry.

When a toy is waved in front of him, especially a toy with lights and music, delighted cooing sounds come out.

I plan to speak German and French to him, later on.
10 years ago
You make parenting seem so delightful, Pipette. Wink I guess it's different when you aren't up all night with the tot.
10 years ago
True. Grandmothers are retired. Perfect match.
10 years ago
Cryptic:
I have been doing some research into taking the California bar exam. Exclamation

Oh my goodness!!!
2051 - 2075 by 2160
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Off Topic I have been.......
Jump to