Search Forum

What the perfumers say - Francis Kurkdjian

What the perfumers say - Francis Kurkdjian 10 years ago
I came across an interesting interview by the Blog SCENTRIST with the perfumer Francis Kurkdjian. Part One just talks about Mr. Kurkdjian's background and Part Two about his beliefs and ideas.

www.scentrist.com/fragrance-2/conversation-fra ncis-kurkdjian-part-two/

I was impressed that he works for other companies as well as his own and tries to preserve quality and integrity.
10 years ago
I read that the other day, He does not like the word nose, or juice.

I will agree with him on juice, every time I read that word I shudder. Confused

Here I thought it was just me. Surprised
10 years ago
Perfume as a barometer for power! Yes.
10 years ago
Cincy:
I read that the other day, He does not like the word nose, or juice.

I will agree with him on juice, every time I read that word I shudder. Confused

Here I thought it was just me. Surprised

I'm with you 103%! Juice is stuff you drink. It's not stuff you wear. Please don't demean the fragrant experience by referring to perfume as "juice".
10 years ago
Electricity is "juice".
10 years ago
What is your Kurkdjian top 3 ?

My three favourites are:
1. Narciso Rodriguez "Musc Collection for Him"
2. MFK "Aqua Universalis"
3. "Lady Vengeance" by Juliette has a gun
10 years ago
Top two (2) are -

"APOM pour femme" and "Absolue pour le soir".

Will test, soon, "Amyris femme".
10 years ago
Strangely enough my favorite from this man is Green Tea for Elizabeth Arden … and of course Rose Barbare for Guerlain is a masterpiece. I have the full collection of samples from his own house, but find the musk he uses in Narciso's fragrances all too prevalent in his eponymous collection … it's quite laundry-ish … but having said that, a bottle of Absolue Pour le Matin would not go amiss in my collection. I also love what he's done over at Elie Saab … 'le parfum extreme' is truly beautiful!! It really doesn't hurt that M.Kurkdjian is easy on the eyes Smile … but as far as his talent goes, that's through the stratosphere!!
10 years ago
Coutureguru:
Strangely enough my favorite from this man is Green Tea for Elizabeth Arden … and of course Rose Barbare for Guerlain is a masterpiece. I have the full collection of samples from his own house, but find the musk he uses in Narciso's fragrances all too prevalent in his eponymous collection … it's quite laundry-ish … but having said that, a bottle of Absolue Pour le Matin would not go amiss in my collection. I also love what he's done over at Elie Saab … 'le parfum extreme' is truly beautiful!! It really doesn't hurt that M.Kurkdjian is easy on the eyes Smile … but as far as his talent goes, that's through the stratosphere!!

A great and astute assessment there CG Is he easy on the eye? I'm sure I hadn't noticed (screams with laughter)
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands What the perfumers say - Francis Kurkdjian
Jump to