Search Forum

I once saw/met ...

26 - 36 by 36
10 years ago
My big baby believes in Santa because I said he is real. Grown people have told him he doesn't exist but he doesn't believe them he believes me.
My problem now is producing the rare items on his list that only exist on ebay. Buy it now is my friend in December Very Happy
U2 10 years ago
I was a huge U2 fan and was lucky enough to meet them in Brisbane in September 1984. My friend and I turned up at the hotel in the morning (having ducked out of school and dumped our bags at the train station). We met Larry Mullen Jnr first - he was in tiny black shorts doing sit ups on the grass by the pool. He limped over to us - having cut his foot on glass in the pool the previous night - and said 'hi'. He was the most beautiful man I had ever met - up close he had perfect skin and clear turquoise blue eyes. Stunning. He was extremely friendly too. We wandered into town with him later and then had lunch in the hotel. The Edge was funny and sweet - his (then) wife was beautiful. When I kissed Larry he said 'you know he's married right?' Adam was off the planet - very funny. Bono was - disappointingly - a bit arrogant. Shame. But at the concert that night, they sent a staff member out to make sure we got prime position in the front row and waved 'hi' when they came out. Heaven for a couple of teenage fans.
10 years ago
I bet that was heaven, Perfumecrazy. Meeting rockstars at a young age always is.
10 years ago
THIS GUY!!!

And yes, as his shirt clearly indicated, his skills were way out of this world...
10 years ago
Rumor has it, they are just like other people apparantly. Made of flesh and blood, eat and sleep just like we do. Have feelings and emotions.
10 years ago
This very one, had some not so ordinary qualities as well, like his notion of where the fortune he made should be invested. In his nostrils apparently...
10 years ago
A few years ago at Supernova (a geeky/comic convention here in Melbourne) I was waiting for a friend to come out of an auditorium at the end of a talk that John Rhys-Davies was doing. Most people waiting were back behind a barrier but the security guard knew me and we were chatting just outside the door. All of a sudden the doors open and I prepare to be trampled by a deluge of fans exiting, but instead it's John Rhys-Davies being ushered out by his assistant/handler/something. He was remarkably chipper, gave me a hug and a big smile totally out of the blue.

I missed out on meeting Jack White of the White Stripes by bare minutes. He visited Gallin's Guitars while my bf at the time was working there, all dressed up in a swank black suit and top hat.
10 years ago
While living in Paris I met Francois Nars and he showed me how to put on make-up without using any brashes , just the tip of my fingers .
I had an official dinner with Igor Sikorsky, in Berlin and we avoided discussing helicopters.
10 years ago
As a young child, John Lennon's sister Julia used to babysit me. I've been a guest on a TV show with Vanessa Feltz (who was lovely when the camera was running and terribly rude when it wasn't). I've seen loads of famous people around with living in central London but those two are my "claims to fame" lol.
10 years ago
I have been so fortunate to meet Viggo Mortensen twice, when he was in Denmark, presenting his photos at an exhibition in Odense on Fune and at a book signing. He is a very modest and sympathetic person, and I find him absolutely charming and handsome. He talked to me and my brother for a while, and it turned out that we used to live in the same town (he lived in Denmark for a few years).
10 years ago
What interesting things you learn about people when you ask the right questions, huh!

I haven't been in the limelight myself since junior high school, Wink but, like DarkMatter, I've lived much of my life in celebrity-dense communities, so have crossed paths with many a famous person.

The most memorable was about 12 or 13 years ago when I came across Dennis Quaid in an airport when he was getting ready to pilot a small plane. From a distance of a few yards I made eye contact and mouthed the words, "Can I come talk to you?" (I hate to bother celebrities in public, I'm sure interacting with fans gets old.) He smiled big and motioned me to come over. I then said, "So, who's the best pilot you ever saw?" Without missing a beat, he gave me a huge Gordo Cooper grin and said, "You're lookin' at him!" **

**High five to anyone who gets this reference without googling.
26 - 36 by 36
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Off Topic I once saw/met ...
Jump to