Search Forum

What do you like best on Parfumo?

What do you like best on Parfumo? 10 years ago
Immediately - the neatness of navigation.

After a few months - the general congenial atmosphere.

After a couple of years - the feature of DISCOVER.

Now I can play.
www.parfumo.com/Discover/Random_Perfumes
10 years ago
I'm fairly new here but am a member of both BN and Fragrantica. In my first few weeks I have, inevitably, been making comparisons. The things that make Parfumo so much more inviting for me are:

1. Having my own "page" that is customisable. This makes it feel more like home.

2. Being able to submit pictures of my beloved perfumes, this panders to my artistic personality.

3. Having my own blog here. I love this idea, I can wax lyrical about all of the things that are on my mind and get comments and feedback from the community.

4. The one thing that has stood out from other sites, WITHOUT A DOUBT, is that Parfumo is the friendliest of all the perfume sites!
10 years ago
The minis and samples pages; they really help me keep track of what I have and what I've tried.

Also there are nice people here I get a chance to talk to who I probably wouldn't have otherwise.
10 years ago
Great people

High quality reviews

Member photos, some of which are ad-worthy, they're so good

Biggest frag directory on the planet

Personal page with photo album, blog and wall = fun feature
10 years ago
Cryptic:
Great people

High quality reviews

Member photos, some of which are ad-worthy, they're so good

Biggest frag directory on the planet

Personal page with photo album, blog and wall = fun feature

+1 Cryptic
It finally feels like the entire community is starting gain some traction. Now, if we can just hang on to that small town feeling...
10 years ago
1.) There's no angst here like I've experienced on other community
boards.

2.) I've yet to encounter one haughty member here at parfumo.

3.) Moderation is basically unobtrusive.

4.) Best reviews of all three boards by far.
10 years ago
- Friendly, polite forums
- Huge, detailed database that is constantly being added to
- The fact that any user is able to submit a new perfume; I love the trust and goodwill this indicates
- A site that is actively working to improve itself with new features, not just treading water
- The transparency of all the above: mods and admins that actually communicate with members
- NO ADS!
- A points system that encourages quality reviews and photos
- A front page that actively displays member content, it says "hey, we value the opinions of our members!"
- Useful categories in the collection: minis and samples have their own list, and if I'm simply curious about a perfume I can put it on watch.
- Custom backgrounds for member pages
- Search by colour! Very Happy
10 years ago
- great Parfumo members
- souk
- giving feedback and encouraging to participate in building database + writing reviews, uploading pictures
- huuuuuuuuuge database
- voting on sillage, longevity, bottle, classification
- the members also can give feedback to other members and express opinion on a very civilized way
- personal page with all features
- collection with different kind of sort - and visible to other members
- drawing attention to new perfumes, reviews, blogs, pictures
- what is happening now - section
- top ratings
- similar smelling perfumes / users who like this, often also like that
I think, I left out half ot those things, that make Parfumo.net really addictive Very Happy
10 years ago
Besides all those features that Parfumo has, and the nice crowd that has gathered here, I like Parfumo best for its potential for the future. It is great to see this project grow! We owe this to the following circumstances:

- focus on high quality member's content such as reviews
- thus, focus on really engaged perfume lovers
- being run by volunteers, including the webmaster
- Don, the webmaster of this site.

Don is a gifted and highly skilled web developer. After I became involved with some background work here, I had lots of occasions to talk with him. He is single-minded about Parfumo and highly dedicated. Concerning new features, he has a very good feeling for what brings us forward and what doesn't. I also appreciate him for his knowledge of the human nature which enables him to choose the right people for the team around him.

My personal impression of him is that he is the perfect person for this job. It is great luck that he had decided to found a perfume community, and not one for bicycles, wine, whiskey or gardening.
There are so many... 10 years ago
Features that I like here...

-Rate/review/classify and saving to my profile/My Page
-The emoticons Razz
-Rate/comment existing reviews
-I can see if I've already tested/have a perfume - this is the most important one
-Search functions
-Links to...buy, view other perfumes by the house, view house's web site
-Stores photos
-Messaging functions
-Free
-Huge database of information that is easy to find

I know there are more features I love but can't think of more at this time.
-------------
I would like to add that Scarletting has said what I wanted to say the best!
10 years ago
Apicius:
Besides all those features that Parfumo has, and the nice crowd that has gathered here, I like Parfumo best for its potential for the future. It is great to see this project grow! We owe this to the following circumstances:

- focus on high quality member's content such as reviews
- thus, focus on really engaged perfume lovers
- being run by volunteers, including the webmaster
- Don, the webmaster of this site.

Don is a gifted and highly skilled web developer. After I became involved with some background work here, I had lots of occasions to talk with him. He is single-minded about Parfumo and highly dedicated. Concerning new features, he has a very good feeling for what brings us forward and what doesn't. I also appreciate him for his knowledge of the human nature which enables him to choose the right people for the team around him.

My personal impression of him is that he is the perfect person for this job. It is great luck that he had decided to found a perfume community, and not one for bicycles, wine, whiskey or gardening.

Agreed
10 years ago
Wow, thanks so much all of you, pleasure reading this!
There are lots of cool and exiting things in the pipeline for 2014. Wink
10 years ago
It's addic... Oh, Tar has already said that, so let me rephrase. It has granted me many sleepless nights, and I love things that keep me awake, especially when they smell so good!
10 years ago
posting photos of my perfumes
being able to propose and submit revisions
- these make me feel I'm contributing (since I'm not good at writing reviews)

being able to separate my minis and samples
having points that give me encouragement and let me set goals
10 years ago
I love the atmosphere. The coming together of minds with one purpose. The non-hate. This all makes for such a compatible atmosphere, it's a pleasure to visit.

I like the idea of being able to post photos of one's perfumes. This gives people an idea of all the variations of bottles and is so interesting to see. I love perusing peoples galleries to see the different versions.

I like the hands-on capability of members. For example, being able to propose a perfume to add to the database. When members feel as if they are truly members of a site, it feels so much more user-friendly.

Don is one of us. He doesn't put himself on a pedestal and hide. He actually talks to members. How refreshing this is! Along with other members of the team, I think it's wonderful that they all reach out to members to let them know they are wanted and appreciated at Parfumo.

I like that members can post their own blogs. It's fascinating to read them and respond to them, too. That's a great feature that again, makes this site much more user-friendly.

No Advertisements.

The front page that speaks directly of its own members. You can go directly to new photos, new reviews, new blogs, whatever you'd like.

The awards system.

The new link just added for where to purchase perfumes directly on each perfume page.

The "Assistant" and "Discover" pages. Both of those are both informative, and fun.
New features - 10 years ago
There is constantly new updating, surprising things that one never heard about before, like "radar charts".

Well, wouldn't you know - use the option of "pie charts" and click on "radar charts" and convert the information into "radar charts", and then

the truth comes out, so to speak. I find the information glaringly obvious and convincing, love it.

www.parfumo.com/Perfumes/Dolce_Gabbana/Dolce__ Gabbana_pour_Femme
================================

(I wish I had this feature "radar charts" when accounting for monthly expenses or other tallies that are part of private financial bookkeeping.)
The application of radar charts 10 years ago
It came to my mind whether the radar charts could be used to compare twin scents.

If a scent proposes to be a twin of another, the radar chart plottings should be strikingly similar.

One more thing to play with.

Smile
Re: The application of radar charts 10 years ago
Pipette:
It came to my mind whether the radar charts could be used to compare twin scents.

If a scent proposes to be a twin of another, the radar chart plottings should be strikingly similar.

One more thing to play with.

Smile

I'm not too sure about that, as I have a theory that some members trust the note list as much as or possibly more than their nose. I know more than once I have been tempted to check the note list while adding scent descriptions, thinking "did I really smell that?" "am I missing an aspect?"
Assistant ! 10 years ago
I'm a member of a couple similiar sites.. But Parfumo my favoite.

I forgot to mention in my earlier post one big thing..

To me one feature that I love that the others dont have is the Assistant.. I use it several times a day.. I especially love the Rarely Worn, since I have a large collection I use it to keep a good rotation going and it narrows my decision on what to wear.. LOVE that although I may have worn a scent more times (because I have had it longer than others) it still shows on the list if I haven't worn it in a long time.
10 years ago
I love the "My Page" section and the possibilty of researching. Also the own pictures section is lovely.
10 years ago
I love it here because it is so civilised.

No need to mention all the little things that have already been mentioned.
Everything just works and works well. You don't have to hunt far or run into any difficulties finding or doing anything. Hardly a single gripe to be found either.
9 years ago
I'm newly converted from Fragr_ntica. I was looking for a place where forum conversation is not hostile, where the admins do not censor and do not block members without warning. I just started here today so I will see how things go. I do love the my page feature, the assistant, blog and being able to change the background. None of these features are on other sites. I hope this can become my new perfume home.
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Parfumo Community What do you like best on Parfumo?
Jump to