Search Forum

Comme des Garçons topic, also re. Pharrell

Comme des Garçons topic, also re. Pharrell 10 years ago
Let's use this thread to discuss Comme des Garçons.

For his first fragrance "G I R L by Pharrell Williams", Pharrell will be partnering with CDG. Let's discuss it and other CDG fragrances. I'm curious what you guys expect when you look at the notes, or what you think about the nice/strange bottle.
10 years ago
It's not my idea of a beautiful bottle, but I think Pharrell is a cool and interesting person, and I find something to enjoy about almost all CdG perfumes. So I was happy to see them working together!

What has your experience been with CdG, Sleuth?
10 years ago
I like the bottle because the figure looks like spongebob. Or is that just me Smile

In the heart of this scent is: Iris, Storax, Violet. Do you think they will do that in a sweet way?

I've only smelled 2 CDG's, but that's enough to be intrigued. What's your favourite one?
10 years ago
I love their incense series, as a lot of people do. (I have a bottle of Incense:Kyoto.)

A lot of their woods are beautiful to my nose, but I feel like I'm not quite the right person to wear them (not avant-garde, not a man). I like their Wonderwood a lot.

Their Leaves series is really interesting & features some notes that hardly anyone else does (shiso, calamus).

It seems like there are a lot of companies looking to be offbeat but really doing the same old boring thing. To me, even when I don't like a CdG scent all that much, it seems well-made and interesting. (Except the Energy C series, which is the only boring thing I think they've done. But three out of more than 100 is pretty amazing!)
10 years ago
Unsurprisingly, I agree with PBullFriend on just about every count, and I too think Incense was their most successful series.

I often pick up CdG decants, because I can count on CdG to keep things interesting.

I recently reviewed Blue Encens from the Blue Invasion series, and Wisteria Hysteria. I liked both.
10 years ago
Have you guys smelled "Wonderoud" yet?
10 years ago
This is definitely a perfume I would like to try. The notes look interesting and it's refreshing to see a celebrity fragrance from a house other than Coty or Elizabeth Arden (although I like many scents from those houses as well).
10 years ago
How are you all getting samples from this house?
10 years ago
Tnahowru:
How are you all getting samples from this house?

eBay and swaps mostly, also some decanters offer them (like Surrender to Chance). I have to admit I am no CdG fan though, I am much more at home with more mainstream-y offerings Smile

I am curious about this collaboration though, anyone tried it yet?
10 years ago
Anyone else tried Pharrell's perfume? I'd like to hear what you think.
10 years ago
Sleuth posted a review of G I R L a few days ago.

You can order samples directly from the CdG-site: comme-des-garcons-parfum.com/request-sample/ (the Blue Invasion-line, 2, Amazingreen and Wonderwood)
10 years ago
Have you smelled it yet, Siebter?
10 years ago
I smelled it today. Woody, a tad spicy...not bad at all. Not for me but I thought it was well done.
10 years ago
Sleuth:
Have you smelled it yet, Siebter?

Not yet, but I will pretty soon. I do like the uncommon concept behind it, your review makes it sound interesting too. In the german section I read that the sandalwood in G I R L is quite prominent (and I love sandalwood a lot).
10 years ago
heheh, well the wood-like accord is the weird accord, it's not sandalwood. I like the start and the heart, but because of the dry down I wouldn't buy it. Still, I really like it that a celebrity sells a fragrance like this.
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands Comme des Garçons topic, also re. Pharrell
Jump to