Search Forum

Idle chit chat: what's the weather like where you live

Idle chit chat: what's the weather like where you live 10 years ago
Here in Siberia (as some of you might know, I've moved back a few months ago) the temps are in the 100's - that's +40 and higher if you use centigrade. And yes, this is what typical Siberian midsummers are like, very hot and dry with an occasional thunderstorm. Me, I'd like it milder, but heck, home is home.

What's up in your neck of the woods, y'all?

p.s. Perfumewise, I've been drawn to huge white florals a-la Fracas, and L'Artisan style watercolor Orientals. Although Opium is surely beckoning and will get a wearing soon.
10 years ago
We have a rainy summer this year in Germany, with temperatures around 60 F. or 18 C. It is raining a lot, and in some places people had their houses flooded.

I didn't know we have users as far away as Siberia! Great!
I'm in a New York state of mind ... 10 years ago
Here the temperatures are soaring. Usually very hot summers and very cold winters, especially the last one would not end.

Right now it is in the Eighties (Fahrenheit) but, lo and behold, a vortex (whatever that is) is announced for the middle of next week, which will bring the temps down about 40 degrees.

I welcome the break.

Perfumewise, only light scents right now. Somehow the orientals are too clingy, too creamy, too heavy.

Put "Cinnabar" in the drawer and bring out "Eau de Shalimar" and my new darling, "Traversee du Bosphore".
10 years ago
Hot as hell here in Charleston SC on Daniel Island. I will be going to the beach for a week at Pawleys Island may be more windy there. Rolling Eyes
10 years ago
It's gorgeous here. Cool
10 years ago
Rainy summer in Michigan and after the terrible winter we had, months of temps reaching-36F, I really mean 2 months without a decent 1F, we all hoped for a warm summer. No such luck.
I do not relate parfumes to weather but to my feelings, thus, I enjoy my Shalimars and Patous and Crown Perfumery ones along with Scherrers .
10 years ago
Southwestern United States: HUMID

Which is not what this quadrant is famous for.

Ugh. I handwashed a cotton shirt, wrung it out and hung it up to dry. 24 hours later it's still damp. Normally in summer it would dry in 2 hours.

My skin has never felt dewier, however, so there's that.
10 years ago
Finally got a break from the sun last week when the rain moved in for a few days. We've had some very high temperatures for Vancouver lately, it was 33 one day which is something you would usually get in the interior of the province. Right now I am enjoying a cup of coffee and a cool sunny morning. Very Happy
Last edited by Hollyberri on 19.08.2014, 05:37; edited 1 time in total
10 years ago
Drought and wildfires.

Pray for rain. What could it hurt?
10 years ago
In that case, I wish you plenty of rain but not enough for flooding or mudslides, Dulce.
10 years ago
Thanks, Cryptic. Full disclosure, I'm not personally affected by either of those problems, but I do have family who live near the fire zone. Because of hefty water reserves (thanks to lessons learned from past droughts) and the political/econominc quagmire that mandatory water rationing would create, we aren't there yet. I try to conserve, nonetheless. Hopefully this February or March the rain gods will smile upon us once more.
10 years ago
It's a shame the wildfires are still an issue, Dulcemio. Been that way for quite some months, yea? I hope for rain your way too.

In my neck of the woods, it is monsoon season so it rained off and on for two days. Yesterday morning it rained so hard that the dried up creek behind my home is now raging like a river. The ground here doesn't absorb water well so it just sloshes around on the roads and hopefully dumps into washes. Trying to drive to work was worse than a typical storm in Chicagoland.

I welcome the rain as it brought the heat (105) down to the 80s.
10 years ago
Hot.
9 years ago
Our first snow arrived today. Smile
9 years ago
New York - first snow here too.

So the people are taking the bus and are all wrapped up and don't even loosen their wrappings inside the bus and having that stoic look on the face. (Just get to work and shut up.)
9 years ago
no snow, low of 19 degrees. Shocked
9 years ago
We have a storm warning at the moment here in Germany
9 years ago
We finally got some much needed rain over the last month or so.

Right where I live, 2015 has brought some near record cold temps (30's and 40's farenheit) but somehow I've managed to avoid frost bite. (That's a joke.)

It's been even colder in the neighboring desert, with lows in the 20's. Burrrr.
9 years ago
It's treacherous. We had black ice this morning which led to accidents galore. I don't mind spending a day inside but hate the fact that I'm forced to, if that makes any sense.
9 years ago
2°C, cold - and it looks like snow is coming .. Crying or Very sad
9 years ago
14-15°C daytime, and it seems that snow here no prospect ever to see again Evil or Very Mad
9 years ago
What to my wondering eyes should appear but Wolf! Great to see you here. We've only had about 2" of snow thus far but after last year's wretched misery I'm not complaining.
9 years ago
Very Happy Wolf is always around, just don't you see it because is hiding well.
As well as the ninjas.
6 years ago
*whimper* So cold!
5 years ago
Rain today and too cold for May.
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Off Topic Idle chit chat: what's the weather like where you live
Jump to