Search Forum

Tauer scents

26 - 50 by 51
11 years ago
I've bought 15 samples, so 3 discovery sets of Tauer. Generally I liked them, but did not love them. Not enough to buy any.
Frankly, for me they were too strong. As a dabber at heart, it was a pity they were all in spray vials as 1/2 or even 1/3rd of a spray would have been more enjoyable, than 1 full spritz.
So, gave all of hem away to fellow parfumistas and may re-acquire simple dabbing samples instead of the ones I liked most:
02 L'Air du Desert Marocain
Zeta

and possibly also (in numerical order)
03 Lonestar Memories
04 Reverie au Jardin
07 vetiver Dance
08 Orange Star
11 years ago
Not a Tauer composition fan at all. I think he is a great guy personally, but none of his compositions have moved me, unfortunately.... Still looking for a favorite.
11 years ago
I love his no.12 Eau D'Epices, and wrote a review on this one. I also really like no.04 Reverie au Jardin, and will probably review this soon. I have several samples, and find his scents very unique. They are strong, and for my taste, quite unusual. Most of them have a very prominent Smoke accord. I prefer no.12 to the famous no.02 LADDM.
11 years ago
I enjoy wearing Reverie au jardin and when im in the mood his discontinued Orris both in cooler weather. On a man I adore L'Air du Desert Marocain - smells so sexy on a guy Smile
11 years ago
I haven't tried all the Tauer perfumes, but the one I like most, and full bottle worthy for me, is Lys du Desert, the limited edition he made for Lucky Scent. It is one of a kind, and it takes me to a happy place.
11 years ago
zip
Last edited by Wichapi on 17.05.2013, 06:33; edited 1 time in total
11 years ago
I am a happy beneficiary of your "bad" experience. Cool
11 years ago
Digindirt:
I am a happy beneficiary of your "bad" experience. Cool

zip
Last edited by Wichapi on 17.05.2013, 06:33; edited 2 times in total
10 years ago
Did you buy it?

I've been sampling all of them again. I love "Pentachord Auburn" and bought it. "No. 14 - Noontide Petals" will be my next bottle.
10 years ago
DieNase:
I love l'Air du désert marocain. That's the only full bottle I own. Une rose chyprée is very beautyful, that one would be a temptation. One day...

Meanwhile I have added incense rose and une rose chypree to my collection, tugh to say which one is my favorite..
10 years ago
Either you like it - or you don't - "Sotto la Luna - Gardenia" -

Ohh, I am in shock, see this link:

www.kafkaesqueblog.com/2014/08/25/tauer-perfum es-sotto-la-luna-gardenia/
10 years ago
Saw that review yesterday. I don't always seem to have the same experience as Kafka, though I do frequently concur with the reviews. I'm still waiting for my sample to arrive and I shall make up my own mind. I was expecting something along the lines of Carillon pour une Ange, in itself a very polarising Tauer that I happen to love but many find nauseating and repellent (Mr Triffid is not a fan of Carillon - 'metallic' is his curt summation).
I hope it is better than this review suggests; it really sounds awful! Are you ordering a sample Pipette and do you think you will be able to assess it independently without undue influenced from the above blog post?
10 years ago
In fairness, I should order a sample. However, right now I have recently spent too much money on other perfume purchases. By the law of averages, there are here much too many negative reactions ... so I gave up on the matter.

Nevertheless, I am wearing - one after the other - all my Tauers, to get close to the perfumer's intent in a different way. The Tauerade is quite powerful, and I am still a big fan.
10 years ago
Thanks for the link. I was going to give SLL a pass simply because I have plenty of white florals to choose from, but the review intrigued me. At the very least, it won't be boring, right? No disrespect to Kafka intended; she tests far more thoroughly than most and incorporates so much helpful detail into her reviews. However, I think you should let your own nose be the guide, Pipette. I remember when Honour Woman was launched and was panned by some well-respected blogs. One went so far as to compare it to a burping frog, but plenty of people ended up adoring it in spite of the negative reviews. Also, it's early days and there's no real consensus of opinion yet. I'll be interested to read what Candy Perfume Boy in particular thinks because he's a big fan of white florals.
10 years ago
Cryptic:
One went so far as to compare it to a burping frog

And what at all he originally was looking for
when has discovered how smells frog burp
Just wondering
10 years ago
Wolf, it was even more colorful than I thought. I checked, and the actual quote was "...a constipated frog burping up canteloupe." That was the blogger's creative way of saying that there was a melon/calone note present, which many people regard as the polyester of fragrance materials and choose to avoid.

Much of the criticism in the comment section of Kafka's article was over the absence of realistic gardenia note in SLL. I guess if you're looking for an authentic gardenia soliflore, you should give it a pass. *shrugs*
10 years ago
My Gardenia arrived today. I'm going to shower before a full testing but I couldn't help myself and spritzed a bit on the back of one hand. My impression this last hour or so is that it has a very sweet, powdered candy vibe (probably the "Pez" reference in Kafka's review). Initially, there was also a slight sebum-like oiliness (not unpleasant) but it has passed. I have no idea where the rotting wood references come from. This is not repellent at all but nor is it a particularly floral scent, definitely not green, gardenia or any heady, waxy tropical flowers. For me, it has that "inedible gourmand" vibe I got from PHI- Rose de Kandahar, without actually smelling like that one. Like Une Rose Vermeille, with its effervescent fruity candy top notes, I suspect this one's not for me but will be testing further. I can see some loving this so don't be dissuaded!
EDIT: After an hour or so, the fizzy candy accord has softened a bit and is joined by lightly spiced woods and a suggestion of vanilla. No flowers though. This might give it more appeal, though this gourmand/oriental style isn't for me.
10 years ago
DieNase:
DieNase:
I love l'Air du désert marocain. That's the only full bottle I own. Une rose chyprée is very beautyful, that one would be a temptation. One day...

update: now I also own incense rose, which won the battle with rose chypree.

Another update: une rose chypree has joined as well.
9 years ago
Andy just made a small roll-on available for customers in the US and Switzerland:

www.tauerperfumes.com/rose-flash.html

apparently he's quite busy: www.tauerperfumes.com/blog/whats-up/2014/10/fl ower-power/
The new website "tauerville" - a site to play 9 years ago
That product quickly sold out.

Now it is available again (as more thoroughly described in a now locked new thread).

See this link:

www.tauerville.com/
9 years ago
I love his Incense Rose and Lonestar Memories. I bet I would love Rose Flash but I wonder if it smells like Une Rose de Kandahar which I already have.
9 years ago
In any event, a perfume concentration of 20% is worth every penny.
Interview at Tigerlily Perfumery 9 years ago
For the Andy Tauer fans -

here is a charming interview.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBPgoqzKz4I
9 years ago
Sherapop:
Cryptic:
Has anyone tried the tuberose one? I believe it's called Loretta?

I believe that Loretta is a very recent launch--possibly also limited edition--and I did not see any sample availability at the house website (which is where I prefer to procure my Tauer samples)...
Sad

I love Loretta and a friend made me a sample but IDK if it's a LTD or something.
Notify about new comments
26 - 50 by 51
Jump to