Search Forum

Perfume oils - dabbed vs. sprayed

Perfume oils - dabbed vs. sprayed 9 years ago
An oil feels more slick but has a tenaciously long dry down.

I am little tired of Arabic oils and have given Alkemia oils a chance, which have been thoroughly discussed over on Fragrantica. But I am too lazy to look.

Are you familiar with this line, and which are your favorites?
Would you start with an oil - as a base - and then spray over it - for a planned effect?
9 years ago
My favorite is Les Mysteres.
9 years ago
Strangely, Cincy, that is how I noticed Les Mysteres, too. I ordered it, and they include 2 samples, as a surprise, or wished for, and then I shall play with these humble oils.
9 years ago
I have two of the Al-Rehab oils and one of the Al-Rehab eau de Perfume natural sprays. I am finding the oils very unusual to work with, despite all the accolades from others. I agree, the oils take very long to get a result, perhaps I am too lazy to wait for a result, but I just don't enjoy the drydown as I do with a regular perfume. On top of that, I must put my nose to my skin just to get some type of idea of what I am really smelling for one called Dalal, which is a lemony butter cookie type of gourmand, and the other is very similar in being a skin scent, but it does radiate a bit better (Alauddin), which is a darker liquid that reminds me of almonds, woods and perhaps oud. It's definitely unisex. They are so inexpensive I didn't mind seeing what they were about. Now as far as the eau de perfume natural spray, I have Organdy, which is very similar to a cross between Organza and Organza Indecence. Now this one lasts a few hours and I'd love to find a matching oil. For $8, it was well worth it. I'm not really into the oil craze now that I've tried it, but I do like the perfume sprays.
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands Perfume oils - dabbed vs. sprayed
Jump to