Search Forum

EXILED! The stories from Defected Fragrantican Members

401 - 425 by 592
Re: I am an old lady... 9 years ago
Tnahowru:
And not ashamed. And I'm not going to "F" any more. Actually I stopped going there months ago.

So in other words, F F. Wink
9 years ago
Our beloved Bonnie . . .

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhe3vb0z7mY

For no other reason than the first line of the song.
9 years ago 2
I remember when i was at the F-forum, I used "old lady" once
In a positive way, because I like old lady perfume (and old ladies too)
And I think old lady/older lady is a very polite term (here in Sweden it is)
Well, then I get a PM with a warning from Zoka:
"Stop this old lady shit now" it reads, really weird...
And then if you are bullied in the forum YOU are the one that gets banned?!

Think if they said old hag perfume instead?
9 years ago
"Old lady perfumes" are often the classics. They are just not as modern as today's blends but they do have followers.

Like true Chypres don't sell well so they are discontinued ... until they will be in fashion again. As perfume tastes, like fashion tastes, move in cycles. This is being discussed over on POL.

And the mentioning of another discussion site, like POL, is not blocked out with ###stop spam### because the internet is full of discussion sites and we frequent all of them.

So there ...
Defensive $%##$ 9 years ago 2
I just cannot even begin to express the anger I have for Fragrantica's corruption and favoritism of members. I basically got blasted (and threatened) by an admin (you know who) for questioning Fragrantica's policies. It was likened to "peeing on Fragrantica's rug". The only reason I stay is because I have friends there and it's difficult to swap otherwise. Although (as much as I dislike Facebook), I am thinking of just starting a Facebook and adding everybody on there. Ughh...this is BEYOND ridiculous!
Last edited by NaughtyKitty on 18.11.2014, 05:51; edited 1 time in total
9 years ago 1
Esoada:
I remember when i was at the F-forum, I used "old lady" once
In a positive way, because I like old lady perfume (and old ladies too)
And I think old lady/older lady is a very polite term (here in Sweden it is)
Well, then I get a PM with a warning from Zoka:
"Stop this old lady shit now" it reads, really weird...
And then if you are bullied in the forum YOU are the one that gets banned?!

Think if they said old hag perfume instead?

You were attacked because this is Fragrantica, where mods favor and side with the aggressors while perpetually threatening members who do not fit their oppressive agenda.
Re: Defensive $%##$ 9 years ago
NaughtyKitty:
I just cannot even begin to express the anger I have for Fragrantica's corruption and favoritism of members. I basically got blasted (and threatened) by an admin (you know who) for questioning Fragrantica's policies. It was likened to "peeing on Fragrantica's rug". The only reason I stay is because I have friends there and it's difficult to swap otherwise. Although (as much as I dislike Facebook), I am thinking of just starting a Facebook and adding everybody on there. Ughh...this is BEYOND ridiculous!

Yes, I saw that. The thread discussing censorship was censored, meaning: deleted.
If you open a new FB group, drop me a line.
Re: Defensive $%##$ 9 years ago
Eurochic:
NaughtyKitty:

Yes, I saw that. The thread discussing censorship was censored, meaning: deleted.
If you open a new FB group, drop me a line.

I most certainly will! Thanks. Smile
9 years ago
We should all go over there and type in the words "old lady perfume" wherever we can, not caring if they kick us out or not. Think I'll do it now.

---
Just got the "Bank of England" so I changed my subject to "Old Woman Perfumes"

I'll check tomorrow for any replies.
Last edited by Tnahowru on 18.11.2014, 17:50; edited 1 time in total
9 years ago
FYI: There are more FB perfume groups than you can easily shake a stick at. If people want me to, I can arrange to add you to some.
9 years ago
Tnahowru:
We should all go over there and type in the words "old lady perfume" wherever we can, not caring if they kick us out or not. Think I'll do it now.

---
Just got the "Bank of England" so I changed my subject to "Old Woman Perfumes"

I'll check tomorrow for any replies.

You are gonna get torn to shreds! They get vicious....
9 years ago
PBullFriend:
FYI: There are more FB perfume groups than you can easily shake a stick at. If people want me to, I can arrange to add you to some.

Really? I don't know too many of them. I can PM you my FB email, or you can PM me yours. I haven't encountered too many fragrance groups that were active.
9 years ago
NaughtyKitty:
PBullFriend:

Really? I don't know too many of them. I can PM you my FB email, or you can PM me yours. I haven't encountered too many fragrance groups that were active.

Same here. Once there was a topic on fragrantica, someone was asking about FB groups and there were hardly any replies, it seems no one wanted to share their groups with the OP. At last one person mentioned three groups. Out of curiosity I looked those groups up but they were all private.
What I would be interested in is an international perfume group, where someone like me who happens to live on the other side of the ocean can also participate in swaps/splits etc. Are there any such groups on FB?
9 years ago
9 years ago
Certain member on that site that is laughing now at the new attempt to stir up drama. When, in fact, they are one who is non stop stirring the drama stick with their hotly opinions and rantings. Ever since member has become highly active on F forum, the drama has gone up 10 fold, tons of stuff deleted. Member has one hand so far into a certain admins pocket, he is smiling from ear to ear.
Last edited by Nectar on 21.11.2014, 08:58; edited 1 time in total
9 years ago
dang, it was getting fun. Got this ...
You are banned from this forum. The administrator or moderator that banned you left the following message:

3 of 5 messages try to post 'old l a d y'

Please direct any inquiries to the forum administrator at @fragrantica.com">password@fragrantica.com.
Fragrantica Club » Forum message
9 years ago
PBullFriend:

I highly recommend the "Aussie Fragrance Network" FB group for any Australian users.
I was also a part of some worldwide groups but all of those CONUS only sales made me a sad panda.
9 years ago
So what there are antics of the crowd. Old lady this, old lady that.

Just look to the Fragrantica Front Page for great articles about numerous interests - especially by the talented author Elena Vosnaki who is also the owner of Perfume Shrine.

Each perfume gathering place has its good points ... no need to get upset.

Look to Parfumo for the great new tool with all Perfume Notes inter-connections, I have not seen such a tool anywhere!!
9 years ago 2
Pipette:
So what there are antics of the crowd. Old lady this, old lady that.

Just look to the Fragrantica Front Page for great articles about numerous interests - especially by the talented author Elena Vosnaki who is also the owner of Perfume Shrine.

Each perfume gathering place has its good points ... no need to get upset.

Look to Parfumo for the great new tool with all Perfume Notes inter-connections, I have not seen such a tool anywhere!!

On one side, you are right. I enjoy the articles and perfume reviews on Fragrantica. I also like the swap forums and ability to exchange perfumes.

However, I feel the favoritism and walking on egg shells is really unfair. It is irresponsible for a site owner to allow certain members to degrade others, yet when the victims stand up or themselves, they get banned? I have seen ALOT of this on Fragrantica. Certain members are on good terms with the admins and can get away with murder. They call other members derogatory names and are allowed to get away with it, while others get banned for mentioning "Parfumo". How is this fair?

It didn't used to be this bad and was a lot more fair, until certain members came along and decided to make it a place of negativity and intolerance.
9 years ago 1
Pipette:

Thank you, Pipette.

We have to be fair and admit that Fragrantica and BN had fragrance note information before us. It is a seperate section at Fragrantica with information on some notes while I remember BN had excellent informations provided by a member - buried deep down somewhere in their forum.

If we see good ideas at other sites we can at least ask ourselves if that idea could be improved at Parfumo. We never just copy. In case of the fragrance notes this means:

- a complete fragrance note directory with all our ~7000 notes ( we take them as we get them and make ony very cautious unifications)
- a flexible hierarchy: a specific note can be found in different paths if it refers to more than one category.
- cross references to all respective note categories on each note page
- linking notes information close to the perfume pages: notes info text in popup if available
- voting the strength of the note also on notes pyramid level.

The brilliant idea of voting notes on pyramid level came from a Parfumo member. Member's input is really important for Parfumo. Any support and any idea is highly appreciated even if not every new idea can be realised.
9 years ago
Nectar:
Certain member on that site that is laughing now at the new attempt to stir up drama. When, in fact, they are one who is non stop stirring the drama stick with their hotly opinions and rantings. Ever since member has become highly active on F forum, the drama has gone up 10 fold, tons of stuff deleted. Member has one hand so far into a certain admins pocket, he is smiling from ear to ear.

My apologies. That was my first post on this site. I jumped into this thread running about the current dramashitestorm that has been snowballing for over several months.

I have been a member of Fragrantica for some time. When I first joined, I was attacked for posting on "their" forum, and called "troll." Rather welcoming right? No, it was not.

I stuck around to prove to the nay sayers that I was a person, who loved perfume, had opinions just like theirs, and not there to stir some trouble but actually contribute something, and maybe someone might find it useful.

Since then, I have had a member tail me for over a year and a half posting antagonistic posts. I ignore it. I watch many members get their tail feathers ruffled and fight because someone else has a different opinion or uses a specific word or term to describe a perfume. I do watch a certain level of bullying going on from various people, and it is tolerated, almost "protected" by the admin. The "crazy making," I have seen It wax and wane for the most part. Certain members a bit more unbalanced than others. However, I have not seen the level on nonstop drama going on, lately, in the entire time I have been a member.

I never knew this site existed until a member PMd me and said "over on the P forum." I had no idea that there was a site called Parfumo.net and it was a forbidden censored term.
I looked, joined, and commented about the recent nonsense. Which is still snowballing and morphing into other directions, but still going on.

I hope to contribute more to this site in the future. I like that threads on the same topic are merged into old ones, and no duplicates of the same topic over and over and over. I get a little fatigued of the 500 threads on rose, orange blossom, etc. and find that I tire of posting suggestions.
Thank you Apicius for your personal welcome to your site.
Newly Self-Exiled 9 years ago 1
I just arrived on this site after many years on Fragrantica and just found this forum. I'd like to share my experience with all of you.

The first sign of trouble for me was when I began to post on the forums. Right away, it was clear that there were some members who were always online and watching everything going on constantly. They would use snarky comments to make other users gang up on people (myself included) and it really was a pack mentality on unpopular opinions.

This did not bother me as much as what happened next: I was using the swap forum when one of the snarky members reported me. She claimed that I kept bumping my thread up to the front, which was absolutely not true (unless I did it by accident). So what did the admins do? They banned me from the swap thread without discussion nor warning. That just showed that they didn't care about being fair and there is no concern with losing members since they have so many.

The last straw was when one of the main admins was so exceptionally rude to a member who had a simple problem, putting her down in multiple posts that I just had enough. And thank God that happened because I would not have arrived on this wonderful site!

Now I just peek in from time to time to Fragrantica to see what is new. I decided to check up on the forums today and sure enough, that same member that reported me was having a racist rant on one of the threads. I am very sure the admins will do nothing about it since she is one of their most active members. Rolling Eyes
9 years ago
Esoada:
I had a look att the Fragrantica forum today
Same boring, stupid topics as usual
And the person running the site (Zoka) is a pure *beep*

Beeep beep beep beeeeep beeep is my only thought on him.
9 years ago
LiliumLibido:
Slapped on the wrist at Fragrantica for being here??? I hadn't thought of that... that would suggest off the charts arrogance on their part!

I don't even say anything on the site anymore because I am sure I will be banned or censored. Next their rules will say "you cannot be a member of Fragrantica and STOP SPAM at the same time." hahahaha
9 years ago
Silverfire:
Wow. I never noticed this topic until Cryptic had posted to it.

I'm a former Fragrantica user too. My experience is rather typical for me -- I never could figure out what proper etiquette was (rules were never enforced except when they were), so I just had fun. Too late, I found out that the admins didn't like fun. I also tried to help, volunteering in public, and in private multiple times, only to be ignored, and then personally attacked by an admin. After he threatened to ban me from the site, I went looking for other fragrance sites and found Parfumo.

I rarely think about the site anymore -- too much angst involved.

The admin's rudeness is legendary. I don't find him funny at all. Here is a sample of his grating style:

"It was annoying to delete all those old la,dy posts so we made little joke and of course everybody who sees that... it's like drawing the line in the sand here so who cross the line is very aware that old la.dy is not preferred nomenclature over here so if they insist on making trouble they have no right to complain once we terminate their account.

Nobody pees on our rug."
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Parfumo Community EXILED! The stories from Defected Fragrantican Members
401 - 425 by 592
Jump to