Search Forum

The cookies follow ... do you buy?

The cookies follow ... do you buy? 9 years ago
How often have you bought because the cookies followed you?

It is amazing ... the minute you click on some sort of merchandise, perfume or otherwise, the cookies will travel to other sites you visit. Then they glare at you,

buy me, buy me,

perfume, watch, jacket or otherwise.

When the item is really desirable, you will click on the cookie again, and yes, a discount may then be thrown your way.

Big Brother of Merchandising is watching.

Have I succumbed? Yes, I have. More than once.

Your stories -
What makes men fall in love? 9 years ago
Since clicking on a link, I am being pursued by this advert offering me the secret to a mans heart. Its amazing where the damn thing pops up. Is there any way I can tell them I'm a heterosexual man?
Alcoholic cirrhosis 9 years ago
I googled for information about grape varieties and got ads for medication against cirrhosis of the liver!
9 years ago
Be careful with the wine Apicius. Laughing
9 years ago
I never do.
9 years ago
I don't mind ads per se. But I never click on those ads that you mention because I dislike the tracking that Google and Facebook do, it's (like) surveillance.
9 years ago
Only once. Perfume of course. I should not have even opened the site!

If there are moving and vibrating advertisements on the page, then I make the window smaller to do not disturb me while I am reading Laughing Childish... I know...
9 years ago
Every day beautiful travel tips around the world, hotels, cars, invitations for dog shows etc. Laughing
I have never bought a car. Laughing
9 years ago
'Big brother is watching me', I know! CCleaner is a very good helpfull feature / tool Smile
9 years ago
CCleaner is "cookie cleaner" ??

Suppose you research to buy "gun" and then the FBI follows you? This time without showing the cookies?

Worrisome.
9 years ago
For anyone serious enough about avoiding targeted ads or surveillance that they'd consider changing browsers, TOR is a relatively user friendly tool.
The downside is that just using TOR makes what you do look more suspicious. *Shrugs*

www.torproject.org/download/download-easy.html .en
9 years ago
Pipette:
Suppose you research to buy "gun" and then the FBI follows you?

Hm, I actually wish they would.
9 years ago
Siebter:
Pipette:
Suppose you research to buy "gun" and then the FBI follows you?

Hm, I actually wish they would.

Ha ha ha ...

welcome, Siebter, from the German site.
9 years ago
Thank you. Smile
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Off Topic The cookies follow ... do you buy?
Jump to