Search Forum

Guess that scent. A game:

4426 - 4450 by 4531
9 years ago
Triff, I now know more about glue than I thought possible. Am I on the right track? Shocked
9 years ago
I'm all for stabbing in the dark.

"Malaise of the 1970s / Sex Pistols" by Etat Libre d'Orange
9 years ago
Greysolon, no glue is involved! This stuff is edible (as in, actually edible, not like school paste).
Flaconneur, that is a great answer but not correct. I left out some clues as I thought it was too easy. If I capitalise Sticky Fingers would that help? This is a sweet thing.
9 years ago
I'll try again.

"Series 7 Sweet: Sticky Cake" by Comme des Garçons
9 years ago
Brown Sugar by Rich Hippie?

some hippies were rich by 1971, weren't they Wink
9 years ago
Epimedes wins the prize!
The clue was "Sticky Fingers" - the name of the 1971 Rolling Stones album containing the hit song "Brown Sugar". The Stones themselves have got to be about 71, surely/ Either way, they're all very Rich (ex) Hippies. Curiously, there are at least six perfumes with this name and quite a number with extra toppings.
Your turn, Epimedes.
9 years ago
Can't think of anything clever right now, so how about this:

name the perfume the lucky guy should be wearing
9 years ago
Aww! Smile

I can't think of anything clever after that either, but how about "February 29th" by Anfasic Dokhoon? That's supposed to be the day for girls to propose.
9 years ago
Cryptic:
Aww! Smile

I can't think of anything clever after that either, but how about "February 29th" by Anfasic Dokhoon? That's supposed to be the day for girls to propose.

Cryptic, whether your answer is right or wrong is immaterial. I'm just amazed you know this kind of stuff! Very Happy
9 years ago
If it's something impractical and completely useless you can count on me to know it. Smile
9 years ago
Oh Cryptic, that's got to be it! (or it should be). All I came up with was "Marry Me!" by Lanvin but it doesn't explain the role reversal.
9 years ago
Agree it should be the answer. If not make it so ExclamationLaughing
9 years ago
Cincy:
Agree it should be the answer. If not make it so ExclamationLaughing

And the right answer it is!

"I have just one chance, this much is clear,
Whisper to her it is now leap year"

Not only this may be a (clever??) workaround for guys who are too shy, we now also have "February 29th" the perfume, which "symbolizes the energy manliness" and "stands out with its strength, power and warmth", according to the blurb on the Anfasic Dokhoon site. Good stuff to make sure she doesn't change her mind at the last moment Laughing
9 years ago
I see what you're saying, Epi. The message is sort of mixed and schizophrenic, but I still can't help liking the thought behind the perfume. Thanks for posting such a darling clue for us. Smile
9 years ago
Five perfumes, one house:

Search for one of those small Etsy houses,

And there you shall find most of my spouses.

One damsel is missing (I couldn't say why);

But producing my heir is what caused her to die.
9 years ago
Cryptic:
I see what you're saying, Epi. The message is sort of mixed and schizophrenic, but I still can't help liking the thought behind the perfume. Thanks for posting such a darling clue for us. Smile
You are welcome, Cryptic Smile I just couldn't resist a jab at that pathetic marketing spiel, sorry... Anyway, if I were the guy expecting to be proposed to, I would be wearing roses Laughing
9 years ago
Cryptic:
Five perfumes, one house:

Search for one of those small Etsy houses,
And there you shall find most of my spouses.
One damsel is missing (I couldn't say why);
But producing my heir is what caused her to die.

Posh Brats
"Anne Boleyn"
"Anne of Cleves"
"Catherine of Aragon"
"Catherine Howard"
"Katherine Parr"

Alas, no Jane Seymour
9 years ago
Yes, Grey -- five of the six wives of Henry VIII. Smile

As it turns out, the Posh Brats line appears to be cheap and cruelty free. I can't speak to the quality of their products, however.

www.poshbrats.com/
9 years ago
Cryptic:
As it turns out, the Posh Brats line appears to be cheap and cruelty free. I can't speak to the quality of their products, however.

I wouldn't lose your head over it.

I'll be back in bit with a question.
9 years ago
Fill in the blanks:

The talented nose ______________,
Was French so she ate no _______________.
Her fragrance called ______________,
might make your nose _____________,
From circus cologne merd-a-lletti!
9 years ago
The talented nose Giacobetti
Was French so she ate no spaghetti
Her fragrance called Dzing!
Might make your nose sting (sing?)
From circus cologne merd-a-lietti!
9 years ago
Right on, Triff! I suppose whether you choose sting or sing depends on how much you like all those animalics. Whatcha got for us?
9 years ago
When you've sold so many books
You're ranked as number one,
A perfume seems superfluous
But this is what she's done;

There's just a single title,
Selling cheap, without much hype,
An uninspired formula
To match her fiction type.?
9 years ago
"Danielle" by Danielle Steel?
9 years ago
You got it Cryptic! Apparently she is the highest selling (living) author at the moment and the fourth biggest seller of all time. That's a lot of family-saga-airport-fiction.
4426 - 4450 by 4531
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Parfumo Community Guess that scent. A game:
Jump to