Search Forum

Guess that scent. A game:

4451 - 4475 by 4531
9 years ago
I don't think I've read any of her work, Triffid, but from what I gather she's certainly prolific.

I can't resist a funky little indie perfume house! All five of these perfumes are from one of them.

He puts on women's clothing and hangs around in bars

Fantastical flatulence

Female feline fancier

Post diaper change infant

Plastered Père Noël
9 years ago
I have the answer but I'll give someone else a shot....
9 years ago
Long Winter Soap Co.
Lumberjack
Unicorn Farts
Cat Lady
Clean Baby
Drunk Santa

Triff, just remember, if my answers are correct you're just begging for another poorly written limerick.
Cryptic, loved the Monty Python reference.
9 years ago
*Claps* Yes, please... more limericks.
9 years ago
I know this has been said before. Will say it again, still the best thread / game on Parfumo. So entertaining.

I love you Gamesters Exclamation
9 years ago
Ack! Sorry! I've got a couple of lessons to teach then I'll be back in a bit with a new question.
9 years ago
Just remember, Cryptic requested a limerick. This one's really an eye roller Rolling Eyes

Fill in the blanks (note: 2 blanks in line 1. The 3 blanks in line 5 identify the house)

The parfum ______________ _____________,
Is for sadists and masochist-iques.
The aroma is _____________,
It’s no bowl of ____________,
This ___________ ___________ __________ is for freaks!
9 years ago
Eep! So wonderfully wrong but so not my turn. :/ So long!
9 years ago
Hmmm, I'm pretty sure I have the perfume (such as it is) but trying to reconcile those middle lines is proving tricky.
9 years ago
I know the house but not the blanks! Smile
9 years ago
I can't find a suitable rhyme for 'bowl of cherries' so I will just make up something else.
The perfume "Secretions Magnifiques"
The aroma is shit (or crappy, or wrong)
It's no bowl of wit (or happy, or song)
This Etat Libre d'Orange is for freaks!
9 years ago
What does one put in a bowl? Soup, yoghurt or serial?
9 years ago
I thought he was looking for "obscene" and "ice cream," but now I'm not so sure. Confused

xoxo @ Cincy.
Last edited by Cryptic on 01.03.2015, 00:17; edited 1 time in total
9 years ago
Triff, you got it with an apology to you and Sleuth. I assumed that everyone would get "The aroma is scary" from the line "Bowl of cherries" which, I didn't realize, is a decidedly American saying. When things are going well we often say, "Life is just a bowl of cherries." When things are not going well we say just the opposite. So I intended for the limerick to read...

The parfum "Secretions Magnifiques"
The aroma is scary,
It's no bowl of cherries,
This Etat Libre d'Orange is for freaks!

Hit us with the next quiz, Triffid!
Oh, and Cincy, thanks for being so kind Wink
9 years ago
Oh well, I was half on the right track. After auditioning some possibilities, I thought that 'scary' might be a near-rhyme too far. With an American accent it works much better than a Strayan* one!
Will return with something.
(*How to pronounce 'Australian')
9 years ago
OK, here we are. Two perfumes, different names, different houses.

You can't deny this trio's fame
But only two have perfume names.
9 years ago
The Three Musketeers? "Aramis" and "Athos" both have namesake perfumes but Porthos doesn't.
9 years ago
Spot on, Cryptic. Poor old Porthos!
I was watching a re-run of Slumdog Millionaire the other night and was reminded of the last question he is asked "Who is the third Musketeer?" to which he correctly guesses Aramis. I'm ashamed to say that I never read the books and had no idea that Aramis was not just a classic men's fragrance.
9 years ago
Smile Loved "Slumdog Millionaire," and almost anything by Dumas is worth a read if you can find the time.

And now for something completely different...

Name five different fragrances which have fifteen or more flankers.
9 years ago
Great clue, Cryptic! I see it as The Marketing Shame File. or "Who's succumbed to corporate greed?"
9 years ago
Hope to hear from others as well.
As a start:
Marc Jacobs "Daisy"
Guerlain "Shalimar"
Guerlain "La petite Robe Noir"
Dior "Miss Dior"
Thierry Mugler "Angel"
Honourable mention to "Fahrenheit" with a modest ten flankers.
9 years ago
"The Marketing Shame File" works for me! As you said there are plenty more offenders if someone else wants to add to the list. Idea
9 years ago
Le Mâle
by Jean Paul Gaultier
9 years ago
Cryptic:
"The Marketing Shame File" works for me! As you said there are plenty more offenders if someone else wants to add to the list. Idea

Calvin Klein CK One & Eternity
Dior Addict
Dior Poison
YSL Opium
Givenchy Insence, Ultramarine, & Very Irresistable
9 years ago
Flanker madness! Even the flankers have flankers! Are there people out there who collect these as sets? I don't think I own a single flanker of anything except a couple of GWP minis and Joy/eau de Joy which seem to be different releases of the same perfume.
I think Greysolon should have the next turn as he outed so many offenders. Unless shy I-don't-do-clues-Cincy would like a turn?
Actually, it's Cryptic's call anyway.
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Parfumo Community Guess that scent. A game:
4451 - 4475 by 4531
Jump to