Search Forum

Guess that scent. A game:

4476 - 4500 by 4531
9 years ago
Whatever you decide is fine with me! I'm having connectivity issues here... sorry.
9 years ago
Ooops, I certainly didn't mean to one up anybody and cause a problem. Like everything else I've been doing since coming back to the Parfumo fold I've been just a little over enthusiastic Embarassed
So Triff, I'm all for you or Cincy taking the reins. It's late here and, after having a week off, I have get up and go to work tomorrow morning.
9 years ago
Greysolon, we welcome your enthusiasm most enthusiastically. When I got to five houses, I got lazy and stopped looking but all credit to you for that extensive and (to my mind) shameful list.
I have nothing prepared, it's bedtime now so I'll sleep on it and see if any elves have posted a clue overnight.
9 years ago
I-don't-do-clues-Cincy says Arrow I was just adding to the list of Cryptic. Thinking all along that she won.

No problems here.
9 years ago
Triffid:
Greysolon, we welcome your enthusiasm most enthusiastically.

+1

How did we overlook the Cool Water line? There are 39 flankers, which might be a record. Exclamation
9 years ago
Cryptic:
How did we overlook the Cool Water line? There are 39 flankers, which might be a record. Exclamation

Yes, how did we overlook that? Wink
Hmm, fill in the blanks...

The brand of perfumes called ________________,
brews loads of elixirs by the _______________.
their flankers ______________,
stink up perfume blotters,
Their chemical concoctions make me cough!
Last edited by Greysolon on 04.03.2015, 12:22; edited 3 times in total
9 years ago
Oh wow, looks like we have a limerick wizard! Someone else can fill in the blanks -- I just wanted to mention that Gaultier's "Classique" has forty-three freakin' flankers. Maybe people have a thing for those headless torso bottles?

Edited: Whoops! Looks the Classique line is mostly limited edition bottles as opposed to actual flankers.
9 years ago
Limerick wizard? Way too generous, Cryptic! Embarassed I just realized I made a goof and left out part of the name of the flanker. I'm too prosaic for poetry.
9 years ago
Triffid has poetry covered so no worries, but we've drifted off task as Flac used to say. Here's your answer (I think) and I believe it's Triffid's turn to post a clue. Idea

The brand of perfumes called "Davidoff,"
brews loads of elixirs by the trough.
Their flankers, "Cool Waters"
And their chemical concoctions make me cough!
9 years ago
Cryptic:
Triffid has poetry covered so no worries, but we've drifted off task as Flac used to say. Here's your answer (I think) and I believe it's Triffid's turn to post a clue. Idea

The brand of perfumes called "Davidoff,"
brews loads of elixirs by the trough.
Their flankers, "Cool Waters"
And their chemical concoctions make me cough!

You win! Lucky you! Very Happy
Ouch, we joke about musicians not having rhythm, but I have no skilz with accent and rhyme scheme. I think I'm going back to word games as my quiz format.
9 years ago
If there are no takers just yet, I shall post a clue.
I hope this is not too difficult. One perfume.

This mystic brand sells many oils
With names to match, of course,
But this "tale" only brings to mind
The head cut from a horse.
9 years ago
"Märchen - Thy Godfather's Present" by BPAL?
9 years ago
I knew you'd work it out Cryptic! Well done. I don't think the gift they're referring to is a severed horse's head though, likely some German fairytale unknown to me.
9 years ago
Triffid:
I don't think the gift they're referring to is a severed horse's head though, likely some German fairytale unknown to me.

That sounds good to me, but I don't speak BPAL. I had to Google the "shrubby everlasting" note to see if was an actual plant (it is). I was picturing something like this:

9 years ago
I think this one should be easy. Smile All you have to do is fill in the blanks with the name of the perfume brand (same answer for each).

"I did learn from several mothers that the Wall of ____ (a naturally occurring phenomenon in which eight or more teen boys reapply ____ after phys ed, then stand in the stairwell together) has become so bad at some local schools that it’s been banned altogether.
9 years ago
Cryptic, I have one of those "shrubby everlastings" in black. It's a seasonal thing. Smells like dust.
As for the clue, that article was hilarious and painfully true. Let's see who works it out.
9 years ago
Triffid:
Cryptic, I have one of those "shrubby everlastings" in black. It's a seasonal thing. Smells like dust.

Woo!

www.parfumo.com/Perfumes/Black_Phoenix_Alchemy _Lab/Ars_moriendi_The_Phantom_Wooer

If that frag doesn't suit your shrub, there are 28 others to choose from that smell of dust. Idea
9 years ago
Thanks Cryptic, moss and dust in that one, though seeing as I have the attic type scents covered, I thought something a bit more coniferous might complete the northern hemisphere Christmas illusion more convincingly: fake tree, fake snow, fake smell.
As for the clue, as there are no takers I present this link to the original article about the "Axe" body spray phenomenon (sold as "Lynx" in my country)
www.slate.com/articles/double_x/doublex/2013/1 0/axe_men_s_body_spray_what_happens_when_a_wom an_wears_it_for_a_week.html
9 years ago
That's the one. Smile

Hat tip to PBullfriend, who posted the hilarious article in one of the Facebook groups some time ago.
9 years ago
The following phrase contains the names of three perfumes from one house.
A gillded coil
9 years ago
Triff, quick question, do you mean gillded as it's spelled in the clue or gilded?
9 years ago
Oh dear, apologies. It should be gilded with one "l". I should have worn my glasses, I really thought there was only one. Sloppy work! From that question, I think you have the answer Greysolon?
9 years ago
Triff, no apologies necessary. My far-sightedness has finally reached the pointed that even with reading glasses lowercase L and uppercase i cause me to wonder if I've typed one, two or three characters. Combine that with my poor editing skills and I'm a mess . Why do you think I rewrite everything multiple times in the forum? Very Happy
And you're assuming I have the answer? Hah! You give me way too much credit. This is a tough one, Triff!

I'll go ahead and repost your question
______________________________________________ ______________________________________________ ___

Triffid's question:
The following phrase contains the names of three perfumes from one house.
A gilded coil
9 years ago
Is it an Amouage anagram?

Ciel + Dia + Gold = A gilded coil
9 years ago
Correct again, Cryptic!
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Parfumo Community Guess that scent. A game:
4476 - 4500 by 4531
Jump to