Search Forum

Please advise on L'Eau d'Ambre

Please advise on L'Eau d'Ambre 9 years ago
Humbly seeking advice from my fragrant people Smile
Someone is offering a partial of L'Artisan "L'Eau D'Ambre", and I'm contemplating a blind buy. I really crave a warm blanket type of scent for this autumn. However, I'm not the biggest fan of ambers and haven't sniffed them all by any means. I do really like Montale Blue Amber though, and it shares some of L'Eau D'Ambre's notes. Are the two similar? If not, how do they differ? Any help is greatly appreciated!
9 years ago
Lovely to see you here, CC. Smile Blue Amber is a stranger to my nose, but notwithstanding the similar notes, I probably couldn't come up with two perfumers whose styles are more disparate than JCE and Pierre Montale, no disrespect to either. Have you tried Alien Essence Absolue? That would be my suggestion for something with a warm blanket feeling which features amber. Idea
9 years ago
Hey, Cryptic! I'm happy to see you too! Thank you so much for your input!
I believe you are right about JCE and Pierre Montale. I'm inclined to pull the trigger anyway though. I need something safe for work. Besides, there are about three fragrances in the whole L'Artisan lineup that I really don't care for, otherwise their offerings have concsistently been in my top ten for years. I will try the Alien though. There's no such thing as too many winter perfumes in this climate. Laughing
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfume Recommendations Please advise on L'Eau d'Ambre
Jump to