Search Forum

Hair and makeup

Hair and makeup 9 years ago
Have been over to the very vibrant German site here at parfumo and noticed when I looked in the forums there was a hair and makeup discussion bit. Would be great if here on the international site there was one also.
9 years ago
Good initiative!

Is hairspray good to use if you want a hairstyle with volume?
9 years ago
Hairspray plus hair dryer would create extra volume yeah
argan oil 9 years ago
I am loving argan oil these days. Specifically, Agadir brand (I don't think all brands are the same quality, and maybe there is one even better than Agadir, I don't know.)

Argan oil would seem counterintuitive for my hair type (straight, fine, but lots of it) because it tames hair, and I'm always trying to puff mine up. But used very judiciously, it adds shine, bounce, volume and controls static. My hair is color treated and I abuse it with direct heat on a daily basis.
9 years ago
Argan oil is brilliant! Love the shampoos and conditioners its a life saver for bleached damaged hair like mine
9 years ago
Oh yes, I forgot to mention, I also have the shampoo and conditioner, which are wonderful. I usually just use one of the three at any given time, since my hair responds so well.

One day while styling my hair I was dealing with major static and dryness and out of desperation I rubbed a teeny tiny amount of the oil through my hair and, voila! Problem solved!
9 years ago
Rachel:
Hairspray plus hair dryer would create extra volume yeah

I found a new hairspray that would be perfect! - L'oréal Paris Elnett Volume Excess
Re: argan oil 9 years ago
Dulcemio:
I am loving argan oil these days. Specifically, Agadir brand (I don't think all brands are the same quality, and maybe there is one even better than Agadir, I don't know.)

Argan oil would seem counterintuitive for my hair type (straight, fine, but lots of it) because it tames hair, and I'm always trying to puff mine up. But used very judiciously, it adds shine, bounce, volume and controls static. My hair is color treated and I abuse it with direct heat on a daily basis.

I agree. I don't buy any brand name one though, I just get mine off a seller on Ebay who sells pure organic argan oil. She sells it for about $10 for a four ounce bottle which is pretty good. I have been using it instead of product for my hair to help me with smoothness, shine, and frizz and it has been working brilliantly so far.
9 years ago
Great tip thanks. After my full thyroidectomy because of thyroid cancer my hair has thinned out a great deal. I'll look into some of the things you mentioned.
8 years ago
Pure Argan oil or coconut oil make a great hair treatment once a week. Apply enough to soak your hair and leave on for 2-3 hours prior to showering or even overnight.

Brands like Moroccanoil & agadir are nice, they do contain other ingredients, but they smell so0o nice! Moroccanoil brand in particular. Few drops of the oil rubbed into your hair will give it a shiny boost, without looking oily.

**Note regarding cosmetic labeling**
Ingredients are listed in order of volume used in the formula.
The ingredient listed first would have more percentage of its product in the formula than those listed towards the end.. The % isn't shown, but it's a key indicator when searching for products containing 'x' ingredient that you may be looking for.

Regarding shampoo & conditioners, anything sulfate & paraben free is a great start. Apparently sulfates cause hair loss & fizz out curly hair.

Best shampoo/conditioner set I've used is Kevin Murphy 'Hydrate Me' series.
Moroccanoil & Agadir Argan Oil shampoo/conditioner sets are also used in my rotation. Been told by different hairdressors it's good to change up the products time to time.
8 years ago
I've recently discovered the John Frieda Dream Curl line. I love how it works with my curls. I like the shampoo and the conditioner best, but I use the serum on really frizzy days. I do need to rotate the shampoo and conditioner out every few bottles with something else though because it will start to build up.
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Off Topic Hair and makeup
Jump to