Search Forum

What most people don't know about you.

1 - 25 by 34
What most people don't know about you. 10 years ago
I cry at the drop of a hat. Embarassed

I am usually cold even when the temps are normal, so therefore I am freezing my ass off right now.

I don't like to cook but I love to bake cakes and pies.

I like doing the dishes, I only use my dishwasher about once a week.

There is a word that I can't stand to hear. we may talk about it later. Sad

What about you Confused:
10 years ago
I used to roller skate 7 days a week.

I like to sing.

I love to cook but can't bake.

I'd rather read fiction than history or autobiographies.

All of my furniture is used and most is antique.

Compliments make me uncomfortable.
10 years ago
I look confident but am not
I love singing
I am a vegan
I have four sons, that's all I can think of now Smile
10 years ago
Rachel86:
I look confident but am not
I love singing
I am a vegan
I have four sons, that's all I can think of now Smile

Rachel86, you cannot have four sons - you look about 16! If these are your biological sons, I would like the address for the fountain of youth you have obviously been bathing in!
10 years ago
Nice topic, Cincy. Smile

I make some off the wall references sometimes at work. Like I might refer to an SNL skit, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, and The Office. Most of the time, people don't get them because some female nurses don't watch those kinds of shows.

I only have one friend, my best friend, outside of the internet or work. We have known each other since we were ten.
10 years ago
Thank you Triffid I get that a lot I am 27 though, I drink lots of water and use night creams. Plus the odd bit of wine Wink
10 years ago
I am a vegan.
I have three adult children and now, a grandchild.
I am the author of three blogs on the internet.
My home is decorated completely in vintage/collectible and antique mode. The quirkier, the better.
I have been interested in writing since the age of 9, when I wrote my first story.
I have moved over 20 times in my adult life.
10 years ago
I love islands and beaches (but do not wear aquatic scents).

I dream of seeing real polar lights one day.

Am obsessed with almost anything Victorian (Gothic horror stories, Sherlock Holmes, would love to wear a Scarlett O´Hara outfit one day and have a souvenir photo taken, most favorably a daguerreotype).

I enjoy watching TV cooking shows but am not much of a cook myself (love, love, love Nigella Lawson´s cooking and presentation).

Cannot be a single day without music, I always carry my mp3-player with me.
10 years ago
Love this topic!

1. I am gluten intolerant/celiac and deathly allergic to potatoes as well...
2. I have permanent residency status in New Zealand and dream of running away there one day...perhaps tomorrow!
3. I dream of one day becoming a Master Sommelier of which there are only about 200 in the world.
4. I am afraid of sharks, math, leeches and water
5. I hate eggplant, radishes and liver
6. I love fragrances and write fragrance reviews...this is probably my biggest secret outside of this group.
Re: What most people don't know about you. 10 years ago
Cincy:
I cry at the drop of a hat. Embarassed

I am usually cold even when the temps are normal, so therefore I am freezing my ass off right now.

I don't like to cook but I love to bake cakes and pies.

I like doing the dishes, I only use my dishwasher about once a week.

There is a word that I can't stand to hear. we may talk about it later. Sad

What about you Confused:

I used to cry at the drop of a hat, but after being unable to cry at work for years (it's like a form of professional suicide), I seldom cry these days.

I'm with you, Cincy. Last week when we had that day with the -25 F wind chills I contemplated throwing myself in front of a snowplow. I hate bulky cold weather clothing, for one thing. So uncute.

The first time I attempted to cook something unsupervised as a teen, it was a dreadful disaster. Not really knowing what I was doing I put an undefrosted London Broil straight into the broiler and you can probably guess the rest. Things splattered and caught fire. The house spelled like a crematorium and had to be aired out on a subzero day. I got teased so mercilessly that I forced myself to master the culinary arts, and today I'm a very good cook.

I like to wash dishes, too! Mr. Cryptic and I talk over our day during dinner and while we clean up. I wash, he dries. The dishwasher is for when we have people over, which is fairly often on weekends.

Profanity doesn't really faze me.

What about me? Hmmm... well, I drool like a Saint Bernard in my sleep. Wink
10 years ago
I always knew we were twins, of course this twin was born years before you. Rolling Eyes
10 years ago
I find a great deal of news media and entertainment boring and irrelevant. Which is why I mostly read perfume blogs and fora Wink

I'm functionally multilingual, altho this is probably only news to online acquaintances.

Perfume and other little things I do to pamper myself are important for my mental health.
10 years ago
Cincy:
I always knew we were twins, of course this twin was born years before you. Rolling Eyes

Very Happy

You never told us the bad word that you hate, Cincy. Idea
10 years ago
No, I didn't. Maybe later. Very Happy I wouldn't be surprised to find out you don't like the word either.
10 years ago
Does it rhyme with blunt?

I mean, let's just get this out of the way so Cryptic can sleep at night. Laughing
10 years ago
I came extremely close to spending half my childhood in a very small and isolated town. My parents were house-hunting when tragedy struck and the plans were scrapped. I love visiting small towns, and now that I'm old I think I would enjoy living in one, but to be a teenager in a town like that? I would've had a completely different life. Ahh, the hands of fate.
10 years ago
I grew up 32 miles out of NYC. I loved it. When I was 14, I could either take the train to the City or to the shore. I loved the busyness of everything. Now I live in a town where they pull up the sidewalks by 7 p.m. and I feel so stifled. It's horrible. Little towns are nice to drive through but not live in. There's such a thing as "small-town mentality" that drives me crazy.
10 years ago
Sorceress:
I grew up 32 miles out of NYC. I loved it. When I was 14, I could either take the train to the City or to the shore. I loved the busyness of everything. Now I live in a town where they pull up the sidewalks by 7 p.m. and I feel so stifled. It's horrible. Little towns are nice to drive through but not live in. There's such a thing as "small-town mentality" that drives me crazy.

Yep, this is what I feared as a child. I'd been there for summer vacation and it was great, but in winter it was like a ghost town. I remember my parents trying to sell me on the idea, not that I had a choice.
10 years ago
Dulcemio:
Does it rhyme with blunt?

I mean, let's just get this out of the way so Cryptic can sleep at night. Laughing

That is my second one Dulce, sorry I can't type it out without feeling yucky.
This is encouraging and creates closiness. 10 years ago 1
I love perfumes and was shy to talk about how I envisaged them
And that is because I am shy, although I am percieved as strong and cold..
I am a linguist by profession and a pianist by passion.
I have two German dogs: a Wiemanranner and a German Shepherd.They give me their opinion about the perfume I wear-I will elaborate later.
My husband's name is William and I have a grown-up son, Jean-Paul.
I love cleanning the house and ironing , decorating, painting and doing repair works around the house.
I shovel the snow for my old neighbors. Love gardening.
Love thrillers, nordic noir, political thrillers .
Passionate for politics.
For me life is made of small details not by weddings and funerals only.
I talk in metaphores.
My middle name is " What If "
10 years ago
The pup in your avatar is adorable!

Here is a little something for a pianist by passion. Very Happy

10 years ago
Aww, Crypic, that is sweet. From one pianist to another.

Here's something else most people don't know about me:

I am never gettin' on a friggin' cruise ship.

www.aol.com/article/2014/01/27/cruise-ship-ret urning-to-us-after-illness-outbreak/20817145/#
8 years ago
I have something called Aspergers syndrome. Often we have special interests, mine is perfume (among other interests)
8 years ago
What most people don't know about me better remains secret and Facebook and Parfumo are not the venue to tell the world.
5 years ago
Esoada:
I have something called Aspergers syndrome. Often we have special interests, mine is perfume (among other interests)

Whoa, me too, Esoada! I think the perfume hobby has a fair few of us Aspies.
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Off Topic What most people don't know about you.
1 - 25 by 34
Jump to