Search Forum

Guerlain's recent bottle art

Guerlain's recent bottle art 8 years ago
Hi all, I am a big lover of Guerlain but I am critical of two things: the way their bulb atomizers ruin perfumes and their newest "street art" bottles.

I had two brand new bottles of Art & Matiere scents ruined by what I presume was air entering the bottle through the bulb atomizer. Also, the quadrilobe bottle with the bulb atomizer allows perfume to leak. I lost a third bottle when the full bottle of perfume leaked from the top hole of the atomizer. Has anyone else had this problem?

Secondly, I find the street art bottles ugly and totally mismatched to Guerlain's style. I understand that maybe this is an attempt to be hip and that everyone has their own taste. How do others feel about the bottle art?
8 years ago
Hi ScentedSalon. I'm just preparing to explore Guerlain and don't have many FB's. My L'Heure Bleue is in that tall golden canister. I have an Aqua Allegoria in the bee bottle and a vintage Mitsuoko in the stopper bottle. No leaks so far. No bulb atomizers or quadrilobes yet. Wasser put his recreations in them I think. What a shame if they're leaking! I'd contact Guerlain about it since you may have defective bottles. Here's Guerlain's explanation of the graffiti. There's also a YouTube video in French.
8 years ago
Thanks for that. Good luck on your Guerlain exploration. It is so exciting! I can understand why they went in another direction with this artist but I just don't like the way the bottles look. It will appeal to many, I should imagine.

I don't think I got defective bottles since all of the bulb atomizers had the same problem. I bought them from a reputable store so I think it's just the way the atomizer is made: it is not a tight seal.

I'm not a vintage perfume lover, even if it is Guerlain, but if I might be so bold, I would recommend the Art & Matiere line as well as Les Elixirs Charnels.
8 years ago
Those bulb atomisers are renown for causing evaporation, I don't even trust the sprayers that come with those bottles so I always decant around 10 ml and refill accordingly.
I'm so sorry you found out the hard way.

As for the bottle art, I have no real feelings one way or the other.
8 years ago
Thanks for the suggestions, ScentedSalon. I had one of the Les Elixirs Charnels and all but one of the L'Art et la Matiere. Missing ones on order.
8 years ago
I should have known the bulb atomizers are no good. As soon as I open a bottle top now, I insert the sprayer and don't take it out again. Ortherwise too much air gets in.

I love Gourmand Coquin and Spiritueuse Double Vanille the best of all the Elixirs and Matieres. I wish the SDV would be sold in the old bottle that looks like an ancient liquor cask.
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands Guerlain's recent bottle art
Jump to