Search Forum

Either/Or

226 - 250 by 253
8 years ago
The funny girl is back!

Cake please.

Clean eating: an excellent idea or the latest dietary gimmick?
8 years ago
Cryptic:
The funny girl is back!

Cake please.

Clean eating: an excellent idea or the latest dietary gimmick?

No, YOU are! Smile

Excellent idea. Did it fanatically for many years, looked and felt better, so no brainer for me.

Make it mandatory for American school children to:

Master the metric system?
Or
Master Spanish?
8 years ago
Glad you had such a positive experience, Dulce. I'm all in favor of sensible eating and a healthy lifestyle, but I sort of hate the use of the word "clean" in connection with food. It seems like some judgy person came up with that term in order to appeal to puritans or something. In my world of filth, food isn't "dirty" unless it fell on the floor and stayed there for over five seconds.

Master Spanish.

The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars or Let's Dance?
8 years ago
Cryptic:
Glad you had such a positive experience, Dulce. I'm all in favor of sensible eating and a healthy lifestyle, but I sort of hate the use of the word "clean" in connection with food. It seems like some judgy person came up with that term in order to appeal to puritans or something. In my world of filth, food isn't "dirty" unless it fell on the floor and stayed there for over five seconds.

Master Spanish.

The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars or Let's Dance?

Totally agree that "clean" is judgy. Not to mention subjective.

Ziggy Stardust, no question. Quinessential Bowie. Iconic. Rock n Roll Suicide, Suffragette City, etc. "She said she had to squeeze it, but she, and then she .. " LOVE!
Olympics: Winter or Summer?
8 years ago
I prefer the summer events, and their opening and closing ceremonies stand out more for me, especially the torch lightings. Remember Muhammad Ali and Cathy Freeman?

Which matters more when you blind buy perfume: the notes or the nose/house?
8 years ago
Nose/house. But I wouldn't really know about blind buying because I never do it... says the guilt ridden, in denial addict.Rolling Eyes
Cary Grant or Tom Hanks?
8 years ago
I luff Cary Grant. He was an icon of masculine style, but Tom Hanks gets my vote on substance.

Green beer or Irish whiskey?
8 years ago
Cryptic:
I luff Cary Grant. He was an icon of masculine style, but Tom Hanks gets my vote on substance.

Green beer or Irish whiskey?

Beer, please.

Wall art: traditional frame? Or unframed stretched canvas?
8 years ago
Traditional frame, when I can afford it.

Fresh flowers or fake ones (in the home)
7 years ago
Fresh flowers

Law and Order partners...
Joe Fontana and Ed Green or Lenny Briscoe and Mike Logan?
7 years ago
Yet another show I never watched! What did we do before Google? Fontana and Green on account of Jesse L. Martin. <3

www.youtube.com/watch?v=hj7LRuusFqo

Rent or Cats?
7 years ago
Cryptic:
Yet another show I never watched! What did we do before Google? Fontana and Green on account of Jesse L. Martin. <3
Rent or Cats?

Never thought I'd say this about you Cryptic, but you must live a sheltered life...
...Geez, I almost passed out from laughing so hard...
Anyway, Jesse Martin IS awesome and his character on L & O is one of the few who maintains a sense of optimism and hope. Dennis Farina's character as Joe Fontana is a good counterpoint to Ed Green. Everyone wonders if he's on the take because of his high end taste in clothing.

Rent, definitely Rent. I would only see Cats if forced to at gunpoint. Even then I might resist. Hmm death or Cats... I'll have to get back to you...

Sherlock or Downton Abbey?
Last edited by Greysolon on 09.01.2017, 03:41; edited 1 time in total
7 years ago
Here in the convent we tend to be somewhat cloistered, Grey. Speaking of which, I loved Downton Abbey for the first two seasons but dropped it afterward because the way characters were being killed off on the day their children were born was too much of a downer, no pun intended. First it was Lady Sybil and then Matthew Crawley... can you imagine what wretched birthdays their poor kids must've had? So that leaves Sherlock, which I've never seen. Is it any good?

There's snow in the forecast. Are you the kind of person who races to the store for milk, bread and eggs before the first flake falls, or do you space it out and end up running to the market for toilet paper mid-blizzard? Use your imagination if you live in a warm climate.
7 years ago
Cryptic:
There's snow in the forecast. Are you the kind of person who races to the store for milk, bread and eggs before the first flake falls, or do you space it out and end up running to the market for toilet paper mid-blizzard? Use your imagination if you live in a warm climate.

First, to the question of Sherlock. Really? I'm beginning to worry about your lack of exposure to popular culture, Cryptic. Chortle. Although your view of Downton Abbey might be, in a way, applicable to Sherlock: the curse of the third season. Sherlock is basically a contemporary setting of the Conan-Doyle canon. The first 2 seasons were fantastic. However, after 2 seasons of well executed novelty, things went over the top. Sort of like the opera world portraying Wagner's Valkyries as a motorcycle gang. Spoiler alert: Dr. John Watson's wife is a former black ops assassin. Ugh...

My answer to the either/or:
Mid blizzard shopper. Hey, and if the car gets plowed in slap on the cross country skis. You can't avoid snow so you might as well indulge in it.

Everybody on the forum is welcome to join in the game! Next Either/Or:
Stephen Fry or Hugh Laurie?
7 years ago
Stephen Fry. Even if he had never said anything else in his life, his bit about being offended makes him my hero.

Newman and Woodward?

or

George and Gracie?
6 years ago
Newman and Woodward.

Perfume reviews in video form on YouTube or written ones from blogs and other perfume sites?
6 years ago
Written reviews.

The book itself or its filmisation?
6 years ago
Unlike Hollywood, the BBC usually does an admirable job of transforming novels into great productions. I still prefer books, though.

Daylight saving time:

WHY???

or...

Yes! An hour of extra sleep is a fair exchange for months of premature darkness!
6 years ago
Agreed re BBC productions. Still love their take on Pride and Prejudice (1994) and admittedly never read the book. *blushing*

WHY???!!! Firmly contra DST - jet lag for the plebs, or so I've heard .. Twisted Evil

Kirk or Picard?
6 years ago
Picard.

One of your coworkers complains that your vintage Opium gives her headaches. Do you:

Take it out of your weekday rotation, or...

Spray it all over her desk while she's at lunch?
6 years ago
Hahaha!! Very Happy I'd be sorely tempted to spay it all over her desk! But, I actually cherish my vintage Opium and wouldn't want to waste like that. So neither - I'd probably opt to simply ignore her. Luckily none of my coworkers ever complained, regardless my sotd - I guess they're either lenient with me or simply too polite. Wink

Today I've learned there apparently is a significantly higher probability to be catching a disease when seated at the aisle compared to the window seat (in a plain) - closer proximity of people passing by. However, if going for the latter instead, people are less likely to be moving around during the flight and hence chances for thrombosis are higher.

So, aisle or window?
6 years ago
The window! The view from an airplane is so spectacular to me, it never gets old. Flying into LAX at night gives me goosebumps, for instance. Some phenomenal shots here:

twistedsifter.com/2012/11/seeing-the-world-thr ough-an-airplane-window/

I swallow a baby aspirin an hour before takeoff to help prevent clots.

Which is worse:

Airline loses your luggage, or...

Bumpy flight with screaming children near by and airsick passenger in your row?
6 years ago
Shocked That's a tough one! How to choose between the devil and the deep blue sea? I go with the luggage (in particular if it's a long-distance flight ..)

Today all these lovely household chores were awaiting me. One of the truly wonderful aspects of a joint household is, you usually do not hate the same chores. Which do you dislike more to be doing,

cleaning or laundry?
6 years ago
Cleaning, on account of the dust involved. *sneezes*

Love or money?
5 years ago
Love, thanks. Too little of it about; whereas money is so easily got.

Bath or shower?
Notify about new comments
226 - 250 by 253
Jump to