Search Forum

Warning About "Shop for You Overseas" Services

Warning About "Shop for You Overseas" Services 7 years ago
I still cannot believe what happened to me, but I wanted to warn other users to be careful.

I paid a "shop for you" service $235 for perfume. It was only a $25 savings off of Nordstrom's price for the same perfume, but I thought why not save a few dollars? This woman was supposed to be reputable. She sells on eBay and has been mentioned by perfumistas who supposedly bought through her and had a good experience. I could not have been more wrong.

The day she shipped my $235 of perfume, she sent me the tracking number. I was very excited to receive the perfume. I checked the tracking number and discovered the package was headed to someone in Tennessee! I immediately telephoned her and asked her why did you send my perfume to Tennessee?! I do not live in Tennessee! She replied, "oh I am so sorry!! I was in assembly line mode and did not realise what I was doing!! So sorry!!"

I said, well, go back to your post office and ask for the package back. Once it leaves for a sorting centre tonight, it will be out of reach! She replied, "no way! I am sleeping off the jet lag!! I only picked up the telephone because I thought it might be my sister." I then scrambled to contact her post office. I managed to reach them and explained the error, but they were uninterested in helping me because I was not the shipper. There was nothing else I could do at that point.

The next morning I checked tracking and saw that the package had arrived at the sorting centre. My heart sunk. Later that day, this woman contacted me and said "the post office offers a non-guaranteed service to try to intercept the package. Are you willing to send me the money?" I think my mouth fell open at that moment. I replied, hell no I am not going to send you the money for this! This was not mistake. It was your mistake!

The third day I checked tracking and saw that my perfume had arrived in Tennessee. All I could do was shake my head in disbelief not only for her error but for the fact that she expected me to pay more money to her to try to correct HER ERROR. I asked her for my money back, but she chose to let me take the loss for her mistake. Moral of the story is buy through reputable retailers. It is not worth it to use one of these services and risk losing the joy of getting a new perfume but your money as well.
7 years ago
So sorry, to hear this. I can't imagine the stress this has caused you. Seems like something could be done with your payment, credit card pay pal?
7 years ago
If she shipped with USPS Priority there is automatic insurance on the package so if she does not get it back and send it to you after all you should still be able to get a refund.
7 years ago
Cincy:
So sorry, to hear this. I can't imagine the stress this has caused you. Seems like something could be done with your payment, credit card pay pal?

Cincy is right, If you used a credit card or pay pal you can get your money back. You have the tracking to prove the item was not shipped to you and that you never received the item you paid for.
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands Warning About "Shop for You Overseas" Services
Jump to