Search Forum

More interaction with known likers?

More interaction with known likers? 5 years ago
Quite new here, and I thoroughly enjoy the knowledge and information collected here. However, I do lack a bit of interaction between members, usually you surf around in your own little bubble. I believe a way to increase conversation and interaction in the statements and reviews is to let people know who put an award or like on your post. That way you can see if you share other interests if checking that persons collection or preferences for example. Just a thought.
5 years ago
This won't happen. This content won't be made visible.

Feel free to browse your review answers or other reviews of scents in your collection to find like-minded people.
5 years ago
Franfan20:

Feel free to browse your review answers or other reviews of scents in your collection to find like-minded people.

Why not? Is there a specific reason?
5 years ago
This is the internet, what do you expect? This only leads to envy and dispute.
5 years ago
KingPin:
Franfan20:

Why not? Is there a specific reason?

Like FranFan20 said, there's the issue of envy and dispute. (Yes, there is an echo here!) Let's say I like one of your reviews but I don't give a 'thumbs up' to the review below you. Then let's assume the reviewer below you takes issue with the fact that I didn't vote positively on his review and he confronts me. Where do you think this will go? Another thing to consider? If we're listing the names of people who vote positively, then it would have to be assumed the names of people who vote negatively will be revealed, right? Again, how do you think this will play out?

I agree, again, with FranFan20--reach out to others who have spoken favorably about a scent you enjoy. Or commiserate over the poor souls who wear a scent you loathe! There is the wall feature, which allows members to converse directly, and of course, there is the forum. I love the many ways of reaching out to others here on Parfumo. Play around with it and see what suits you! Smile
5 years ago 1
I just meant that you should see who liked your statement or gave you a reward, not see who gives negative feedback. Works fine on positively-oriented forums as for watches or food. I just find Perfumo a bit boring since the interaction on what you write is very (!) scarce. Feels as if I’m just writing for myself. There must be some way of getting the engagement level up, this is not as much fun as it could be. Not sure how it is on the German side, but on the English side interaction is just not there.
5 years ago
Don't worry, Kingpin.
There are people who enjoy your witty reviews, and I'm one of them.
And you know what? I find your wife somewhat peremptory about Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca Wink
5 years ago
OPomone:
Don't worry, Kingpin.
There are people who enjoy your witty reviews, and I'm one of them.
And you know what? I find your wife somewhat peremptory about Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca Wink

Hahaha, she is German, so she is very direct Very Happy My daughter liked it, so I gave it to her. Thank you for your nice comment Smile

(Edit: It was just a small decant, if she got a full bottle she would have pretended to like it hahaha)
4 years ago
Going by a couple of previous responses, it appears someone believes condescending rudeness has become acceptable. Polite to a fault, wielding a tone so very suited to making folks feel welcome to engage around here (sarcasm intended).
4 years ago 1
For the record, I respectfully agree with the point KingPin makes, and had definitely wondered the same thing myself. I understand that there are nuances to the matter, and that there are some folks who will find a way to be offended by even the most trivial of things on review or discussions platforms, but catering to their excessive sensitivities may be stopping some productive and positive exchanges as well.

This may be taking a leap, but a little (not too much) repartee may be a good thing for engagement, entertainment, or to stimulate deeper discussion as long as people don't take it too seriously. Like the spice in spicy fragrances. If things get carried away, I suppose there is always the last resort of an OP blocking the bad actor if "confronted"? Maybe an "@" functionality that lets posters and comment makers notify someone if they would like to direct a comment their way? I really don't know. I do understand the rationale behind both the current setup and a more conventional approach; this thread is interesting food for thought.
4 years ago
Meetjoeblack:
For the record, I respectfully agree with the point KingPin makes, and had definitely wondered the same thing myself. I understand that there are nuances to the matter, and that there are some folks who will find a way to be offended by even the most trivial of things on review or discussions platforms, but catering to their excessive sensitivities may be stopping some productive and positive exchanges as well.

This may be taking a leap, but a little (not too much) repartee may be a good thing for engagement, entertainment, or to stimulate deeper discussion as long as people don't take it too seriously. Like the spice in spicy fragrances. If things get carried away, I suppose there is always the last resort of an OP blocking the bad actor if "confronted"? Maybe an "@" functionality that lets posters and comment makers notify someone if they would like to direct a comment their way? I really don't know. I do understand the rationale behind both the current setup and a more conventional approach; this thread is interesting food for thought.

A very good and nuanced comment.
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Parfumo Community More interaction with known likers?
Jump to