Search Forum

Drink/Food Of The Day

51 - 55 by 55
10 years ago
While we're sharing recipes I must pass this one along. The crowd went wild for it at Thanksgiving. I was a bit skeptical of the cheese at first, but it turned out to be delicious and the leeks and roasted garlic are a nice substitute for the typical onions and celery.

37cooks.blogspot.com/2013/10/roasted-garlic-le ek-dressing.html
10 years ago
Cryptic:
While we're sharing recipes I must pass this one along. The crowd went wild for it at Thanksgiving. I was a bit skeptical of the cheese at first, but it turned out to be delicious and the leeks and roasted garlic are a nice substitute for the typical onions and celery.

37cooks.blogspot.com/2013/10/roasted-garlic-le ek-dressing.html

That sounds SO good right now! And leeks, they are so under-used in this country. Maybe I will do a trial run of this recipe before the upcoming holidays, and along with the world's best brussel sprouts, I will blow my cousins out of the water! (It's not like it's a competition or anything.) ---insert whistling emoticon here--- Laughing
10 years ago
Saw speculatis cookies were mentioned.. they are for sale year-round here, except they change form around St Nicholas.
BTW, the Lidl now also sells Spekulatis (speculaas) ice cream at the end of year. Too bad I'm trying to stay away from wheat/gluten due to an intolerance.
Speaking of fragrance association.. like 5 o'clock au gingembre quite a bit. But there's another SL scent that I shied away from that some adore and others dislike a lot: Jeux de peau

Speaking of food.. generally I'm not too keen on food notes that are very prominent. As a major licorice (Lakritz) addict it was almost a surprise I didn't like Lolita Lempicka (same for Brin de Réglisse or petite robe noire or B*men) with some exceptions, like in Méchant Loup where it is mixed with hazelnut or Magnifico (mixed with Myrrh and fig). Speaking of fig.. that's a note that works very well in fragrance!
This list is not from memory, just going through my own spreadsheet Cool .

Related to food: fig nut jam is a fave, mine comes (still?) from Syria and has figs, sesame seeds , some walnuts and some almonds in it.
Speaking of brussel sprouts, sprinkle them with shredded coconut and add sambal (ground pepper paste). Yum!
3 years ago
👍Ledový
čaj Sherapop Tazo Passion. MŇAM!!!!

Miloval jsem dietní sódu, ale nesnáším sukralózu, takže teď piji více seltzer (Schwepps je dobrý) a čerstvě uvařený ledový čaj všech odrůd. Souhlasím s tím, že Stevia je v pořádku a někdy piji sodovky oslazené, ale opravdu nemám rád běžnou sódu, kromě Hansenovy přírodní. Jo, a zázvorové pivo všech odrůd ...

Smile
3 years ago
Cryptic
Při mém hledání kreativních způsobů, jak využít zbytky krůty, jsem našel recept na sendvič s plátkem pečeného krocana přelitý balzamikovou cibulovou marmeládou, kterou si můžete prohlédnout níže od Willliama Sonomy a slaniny (!!!). Na rohlík / chléb dejte trochu másla nebo majonézy a máte lahodný sendvič.

http: //img4-2.realsimple.timei ...

Zde je recept na marmeládu, pokud jste náhodou domácí kutil :

http: //www.seriouseats.com/rec ...

yumi

51 - 55 by 55
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Off Topic Drink/Food Of The Day
Jump to