Search Forum

Which MONTALE and/or KEIKO MECHERI for me, please?

Which MONTALE and/or KEIKO MECHERI for me, please? 11 years ago
Based on my collection, can you please recommend scents I should explore in Keiko Mecheri and Montale?

I've decided to get organized and go house by house from now on. Very Happy

Thank you in advance!
11 years ago
Since I see a few vanilla orientals in you collection, I think you should consider Montale's Boisée Vanillée. It is great!

If you are looking at their oud line, the whole series could be more or less sorted by the opposites dark/masculine/less flowery - soft/feminine/more flowers.

Generally, the older releases of the oud line are better IMHO, the new ones tend to be a bit experimental. I can recommend for testing: Black Aoud (very dark and intense), Aoud Flowers (dark and earthy, but with intense rose notes), Oud Queen Rose (more on the feminine side but still unisex.) I haven't teste the more feminine Ouds, such as White Aoud.
11 years ago
Apicius, thank you for these suggestions!
11 years ago
You could try KM Loukhoum, KM Osmanthus.
11 years ago
Thanks, LL. I've got Loukhoum on my list. Osmanthus sounds probably to floral for me.
11 years ago
Montale "sweet oriental dream" & KM "Loukhoum" are very similar indeed! I own both, and You will like either of them Smile Montale & Keiko do some fabulous Rose fragrances too, cant really go wrong with those.
11 years ago
Thank you, rosecat! I will sample both of these.
11 years ago
Montale's Mukhalat and White Aoud are worth checking...
11 years ago
Montale Vanilla Extasy, solo or layered with Full Incense.
Keiko Mecheri and Montale 11 years ago
The UME by Keiko Mecheri is a magnificently rich and sweet fruity chypre you may enjoy.

The HANAE by Keiko Mecheri is a wonderful floral fruity sweet you might enjoy.

Both are currently favorites of mine on my skin this winter.

I happen to love on myself these from Montale which you may enjoy:

VANILLA ABSOLU - Smokey Dark Rich Sombre Shadowy Mature Vanilla
WHITE AOUD - Clean Rich Aoud
ROSES ELIXIR - Rich Fruity Rose Sweet, almost fruity chypre smelling
11 years ago
Perhaps you might like KM's "Canyon Dreams" from the Bespoke Collection, it's a complex spicy woody dry oriental.
10 years ago
Rosecat:
Montale "sweet oriental dream" & KM "Loukhoum" are very similar indeed! I own both, and You will like either of them Smile Montale & Keiko do some fabulous Rose fragrances too, cant really go wrong with those.

I second this. I own Keiko Loukhoum Eau Poudree and i love it. I have yet to try the plain Loukhoum. I have also tried Sweet Oriental Dream and love it as well.

If you do happen to appreciate those, I also suggest Serge Lutens Louve, Ava Luxe Loukhoum, and Serge Lutens Rahat Loukoum.
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfume Recommendations Which MONTALE and/or KEIKO MECHERI for me, please?
Jump to