Search Forum

Warning: ThePerfumeBox Untrustworthy with Contact Info

Warning: ThePerfumeBox Untrustworthy with Contact Info 2 years ago 2

I buy almost all of my perfumes on-line.  I would say that 99 out of every 100 of my perfumes were purchased on-line, so this is significant for me and people like me who buy a lot on-line.  I have purchased from several grey market sellers with few problems overall.  Last year I purchased an expensive fragrance from The Perfume Box in New Jersey.  At the time, I recommended them in one of my posts somewhere.  Well, I can no longer recommend them after what they did with my private contact information today.

I planned to order several fragrances in a couple of days, so I logged into my account and put some fragrances into my cart.  A short while later, they sent a marketing text message to my mobile re one of the more expensive fragrances in my cart..  I was/am livid!!!  My mobile number is for friends, family, and legitimate business phone calls ONLY and never for marketing text messages from ANYONE!!  I have never given my permission to ANYONE to send me marketing text messages.  I cannot imagine anyone wants to receive marketing text messages to his/her personal, private number.

I tried to bell their 800 number.  They STILL have their number on answer phone, and you cannot leave them a message either.  I tried to bell the number they texted me from.  The number cannot be called.  Tells you a lot about how much they want anyone, even customers, to contact them by phone or text, huh??

I am SICK TO DEATH of inappropriate marketing.  I have mostly stopped all junk mail coming to my home.  I have blocked many phone numbers and emailers.  I hate marketers!!!  If I want to buy something, I do my research and make a decision.  No amount of marketing of any kind will ever induce me to buy anything.  

This has gotten so out of hand.  From last Thanksgiving onward, I received 5 or more emails PER DAY from various companies including Macy's, Lancome, Neimans, etc., all the way until well after New. Years Day.  This goes too far.  They look desperate, and they show their total disrespect for people by doing this sort of thing.  They go TOO FAR.  NO ONE WANTS TO RECEIVE 5 MARKETING EMAILS A DAY FROM ANYONE!!  And, personally, I do not ever want any messages sent to my mobile by anyone who sells anything.

This was a egregious breach of trust and a total abuse of my personal contact information.  I do not pay for phone service to receive spam text messages from ANYONE.  

Beware of what they will do with your contact information if you allow them to have it.  I recommended them last year, but I no longer recommend them.  CAVEAT EMPTOR!

Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Parfumo Community Warning: ThePerfumeBox Untrustworthy with Contact Info
Jump to