Search Forum

Say hello and/or introduce yourself (if you like)

26 - 50 by 267
12 years ago
Hi, I'm DieNase, which means TheNose. Doesn't mean that my nose is so special (well, I try to train it) - I just didn't find a better name. I've always liked perfume (except my mom's 4711), but as a teen and lateron as a student I didn't really get into perfumes so much. A matter of cost + I considered somehow immoral to own more perfume than one can use up. I had never been a collector of anything. Due to this attitude, having to use up sub-optimal stuff, that I got as a present, prevented me from buying and using perfumes that I really love. Then, a year ago - I had just come back from a large vacation and had fallen into some sort of post-vacation-blues - I found parfumo and signed on. That was the starting point of my new passion, from then on, my collection grew rapidly.
Right now I got so many choices, it gets more and more difficult to decide in the morning Wink I plan to concentrate more on decants and buy less full bottles, though...
12 years ago
Hi im Zeze from Oz.

The best thing about fragrances is that everyone can enjoy & benefit from them.

Rich or poor, male or female, educated or illiterate, working or unemployed, any culture, any religion, even those who have lost there sense of smell can benefit because those around them will appreciate there lovely scent.

Everyone deserves to own a lovely fragrance, if you know a friend who hasn't had a taste of a fine fragrance, surprise them with a gift some day Smile

I enjoy discussing various topics, world politics, philosophy, psychology, sport, religion, fashion & im also a movies & tv addict..

There's only 1 thing i want more then a fine niche fragrance right now, and that would be a cute Turkish Angora kitten.. Hard to locate here in Oz, but I would love to have Very Happy

I've recentlt got into the fragrance business, you can check out my page here: www.facebook.com/perfumecollection.me
Last edited by ZeZe on 31.07.2014, 02:34; edited 1 time in total
12 years ago
Hello everyone Smile

I'm TURQUOISE.. But you can call me Fanny..
Wink

So very happy to be part of such a beautiful and warm place!
Have fun! Very Happy
12 years ago
For those who want : this is my page at Facebook www.facebook.com/pages/Guusjes-Wereld/23264945 6774144
"Like" it and get inspired Smile

You can also sent me a friend request Very Happy
Hi there 12 years ago
I am Carola 45 jears old. happy single, live with a ginger cat named Lio .
My love for perfumes started on a very young age. I remember that my grandmother gave me a paper butterfly with cologne in it, I think I whas 4 at the time. From that time on I wanted to know and smell all about perfumes. I perfumed everything, even the goldfish. I wanted to let everything smell nice. At first I bought lots of perfumes even the ones I didnt liked that much. Now when Im older I know more what I like and what not. So now I only want to buy perfumes I really like.

My favorite notes in a perfume are. musk, sandalwood. vanilla. lavender, cherries. grapefruit,
Last edited by Delphine67 on 05.07.2012, 11:06; edited 1 time in total
12 years ago
Hello everybody Smile

Just wanted to tell that I started up with making video's!

Ich werde auch Deutschsprachige machen Smile
You can subscribe and follow me @ youtu.be/nqTQGjfgmPM
See you there! xxx
12 years ago
Hello. My name is Barolo. Smile I'm a recovering fragrantican who doesn't believe basenotes provides the proper therapeutic environment for my fragrance neuroses.

I live in the United States and have a new found interest in the world of fragrance, but I wish it would just go away!

As for further details, you'll have to try a little harder and did a little deeper to get anything more out of me. Laughing Oh, I will tell you, I'm a white male age 18-65 married with kids. Now, you know me intimately. ExclamationExclamation

Curious to see where this site goes...much, much promise. Kudos to the owners/developers.
12 years ago
Hello! I'm a lifelong fragrance lover. Had my own collection even as a child. My interest was already so strong that unwanted perfumes were often passed to me by family and friends. Never has my interest waned; in fact has only grown stronger thanks to online fragrance communities and the opportunity to share the love with others. Being able to communicate with other fragrance enthusiasts has brought so much more joy to this hobby for me!

Some of you may know me from another site, where my username is "PerfumedLady". Hope to see old friends over here and make lots of new ones!
Hello everyone!!! 12 years ago
Is this post still alive? I couldnt find it on its own... I found it as a link inside of another post. Anyway, I wanted to introduce myself. I'm Tracey and I'm a member on a few other boards but I dont really post very much on any of them. I just lurk.

I hope to be able to join in on the conversations here sometimes, but I guess I'll see how that goes. I never really post or contribute on other boards because so many of the members are so very knowlegeable about fragrances and can dissect them accurately and amazingly. I do not find this intimidating. In fact, I admire those that can do this. The knowledge that some of the members have leave me speechless and I am often blown away by their expertise. However, I cant contribute to those types of conversations. I dont know enough to add anything relevant. But I'm totally okay with that.

I love fragrances but I dont care to delve too deeply into how they were made; what notes blend well together; whether or not the flowers were flown in from France under the midnight sky..... I just love fragrance for what it is and how it is. I dont care about its roots. I just love a good fragrance that has decent longevity and sillage. This being my situation, is there a place for someone like me on this board? Smile

Anyway, I am very glad to be here and I hope to have the opportunity to join in on the chats in some capacity.
hi! 12 years ago
Just stopping by to say hello!

nice to meet you!
Re: Hello everyone!!! 12 years ago
Twjb:
Is this post still alive? I couldnt find it on its own... I found it as a link inside of another post. Anyway, I wanted to introduce myself. I'm Tracey and I'm a member on a few other boards but I dont really post very much on any of them. I just lurk.

I hope to be able to join in on the conversations here sometimes, but I guess I'll see how that goes. I never really post or contribute on other boards because so many of the members are so very knowlegeable about fragrances and can dissect them accurately and amazingly. I do not find this intimidating. In fact, I admire those that can do this. The knowledge that some of the members have leave me speechless and I am often blown away by their expertise. However, I cant contribute to those types of conversations. I dont know enough to add anything relevant. But I'm totally okay with that.

I love fragrances but I dont care to delve too deeply into how they were made; what notes blend well together; whether or not the flowers were flown in from France under the midnight sky..... I just love fragrance for what it is and how it is. I dont care about its roots. I just love a good fragrance that has decent longevity and sillage. This being my situation, is there a place for someone like me on this board? Smile

Anyway, I am very glad to be here and I hope to have the opportunity to join in on the chats in some capacity.
Hello Twjb, you're welcome!

Perfume lovers are different and everybody has his own view towards it. Please feel free to contribute whatever you like, we respect everyone's opinion and personal style. As far as I see, there are no professionals around here, so I would not call any of us an expert.
12 years ago
Hi I'm Greysolon and I'm so glad to have found such friendly people with whom I can share my passion for perfume. Everyone I've met on Parfumo has been so kind.

I make my living as a musician and that determines the fragrances I can wear. Or, perhaps it's more accurate to say, "fragrances I can't wear." You see, wearing fragrances on stage is generally frowned upon, if not outright forbidden, by most professional arts organizations. Even away from work I need to be cognizant of what fragrances I wear so I don't disturb my colleagues with any vestige of scent. Thankfully, I naturally gravitate toward sheer, low sillage fragrances so my work generally doesn't interfere with my fragrance addiction.

Aside from all that, I'm constantly looking for ways the art and design of perfume connects to other forms of art, be it music, literature, visual art or architecture. I'd like to find a more structured and consistent way to discuss scent rather than in terms of our personal likes and dislikes.

One last thing: I hope all of you will forgive a particular fault of mine. Since I'm not very good at committing my thoughts to paper, I tend to tinker with and edit everything I write. Even my grocery lists go through multiple drafts! So if you notice one of my reviews reappearing on the queue multiple times, it's just me not knowing when to leave well enough alone. Sorry!

Thanks again for making me feel so welcome to Parfumo!
Last edited by Greysolon on 05.02.2013, 16:04; edited 1 time in total
12 years ago
Hi everyone!
I'm Eva, 48 years old, from Denmark. I have 4 children and 2 stepchildren - only 2 still at home though. I'm interested in a vast amount of things, and perfume is very high on the list Smile

I'm not a connoisseur. I'm not into niche, I don't prowl for vintages, I'm not good at detecting notes or explaining the details in the composition of a perfume. But over time I found out what I like, and that's good enough for me.

I heard about this site from a friend I know from another perfume forum, and I really look forward to being here Very Happy
12 years ago
EvaK:
I'm not good at detecting notes or explaining the details in the composition of a perfume. But over time I found out what I like, and that's good enough for me.

A kindred spirit in deed!!! Hi Eva and welcome! I'm thrilled you were referred here. Parfumo is an awesome site! I am sure you'll be quite happy here!
11 years ago
Hi, my name is Dana and I am known as Conifer lover on other forums. I love fragrance and flowers. I see a lot of regulars here but I am looking forward to meeting some new people here. This site has so many nice features, I'm loving it.
11 years ago
First of all, I´ve actually never introduced myself in any forum whatsoever, since I never know where to start and what to say...Mostly I´ve just began to take part in topics etc, getting to know others and others to know me more slowly through what I post, but this time I´m making an exception.

I´m finnish, living in Germany, which is why I´m spending most of my time on the german site, but now began to get more interested in this site too, perfumes have been my interest for about one year now. "Interested" is to put it mildly, I´m actually very passionate about it, even obsessed, as many in parfumo. Wink

I´ve lived in 3 countries and numerous cities, plus almost one year in a forest - which I loved ! - so my motto is "home is where the heart is" and I have many homes in that sense.

Nice to see this site growing, and my hearty welcome to all here, new and old. Smile
11 years ago
Dlane1953:
Greetings, my name is Deborah (Deb) and I live in Eastern PA, USA with my now-retired husband, a Chemistry professor. (Having a chemist in the house makes for interesting conversations about modern perfumery). I find it impossible to be analytical about fragrance, however; it strikes the part of the brain that's beyond language and analysis and this is what makes it so powerful.
Scent is like music in this sense; an ephemeral art that touches the deepest parts of our being. I am retired (early retirement: I've hated all of the jobs I've held over the last 10 years so giving up my job was a no-brainer to me)and enjoying a fine life with husband and pets. We travel as often as we can and are especially enamored of European destinations. I became interested in scent about 2 years ago and I'm learning more all the time. It's developed into quite a passion. Glad to find a friendly, well organized fragrance site like this one.

Hi there Deb! My man is also a Scientist so I understand what you mean about perfume conversations (they get molecular haha - I now know the characteristics of top notes, heart notes and base notes, thanks to him). The up-side is that he is actually interested in perfume so I almost never bore him when I talk about them. We have found a level on which we can share this interest Smile (I nod & grin and pretend to understand what he says and he pays me the same courtesy lol!). Like you, I've been interested in perfumes for about 2 years as well and it is amazing to look back and see how much I have learnt, and look forward to still learning every day. - PC
11 years ago
Hi, my name is Chloe. I'm a nurse on night shift. I like to travel when I have the time off to do so. I deal with the stress of working by cooking, baking, and buying lots of perfumes. I'm tubby, but at least I'm happy and smell good. Very Happy
11 years ago
Hi everyone so glad to be here, my name is Margie and live on Daniel Island in South Carolina. I love to read, walk the trails on the Wando river here where I live. Of course my passion is my beloved fragrances, vintage, oh my! love them.
11 years ago
Hi everyone! I recognize many noses from other places and feel I am in good company. I live in Columbus, Ohio USA in a house I share with so many bottles of perfume. I will attempt to write some reviews of them.

Talk to you soon!
Richard
11 years ago
Hi

I'm Giada from Switzerland, 38 years, in a partnership since 12 years and I own (or they own me) 2 thai siamese cats (one of them is my avatar). Sorry about my English, I try my very best Wink .

I love to read from all this people around the world with one common passion: fragrances. Very Happy
11 years ago
Hi,

My name is Dave and I live near Washington, DC in the US. When not spending all my hard earned money (and then some) on way too many high-end fragrances for my collection, I am spending anything left or maxing out my credit cards on my other ridiculously expensive passion, high-end audio (as my avatar exhibits both).

As far as my fragrance preferences go, I love good old fashioned vintage powerhouses, preferably loaded with oakmoss. I also have a bent for spicy and cedarwood focused compositions of all shapes, sizes and prices to my bank account's chagrin.

Compositions I tend to dislike are ones featuring heavy doses of orange flower, cumin, civet and/or celery seed.
11 years ago
Hello there!

My name here is DutchSniffer as well as on a few other forums,but my real name (well, changed it a decade ago) is Yvana

Contrary to most connoisseurs here and just like Guusje, I have only started on this fragrance journey a bit over 1 year ago.

In October 2011 I sprained a wrist in the gym when trying to deadlift an oversized (men's barbell) with straps.
Only about 15 months later I finally am able to train fully again (with a suitable 2nd hand women's barbell, just like the one in the avatar pic). In the meantime I gained some weight but not as much as I could have when I had not gone on a 'Perfume Diet'.
( www.oprah.com/spirit/The-Perfume-Diet-Guilty-I ndulgences#ixzz1jpvEhA3y )
Quote : Perfume diet: "The result was not a diet so much as an invasion—the infiltration of perfume into nearly every aspect of my life touched by food.:abf7adf7ce]

After the first bottle in many years (Poême), I discovered the option of buying samples and there I went down the rabbit hole. My collection just grew and grew and keeps growing. Counting each and every drop of fragrance , the maximum amount I owned sofar was nearly 400 different scents (50 have been given away already). The pace really picked up once meeting Dutch parfumistas (from the Dutch Fragrantica forum) who regaled me with lots of samples! as well as a number of FB groups.

The reason I came here is an invitation to have a look at Parfumo.net when I was posting Fragrantica links in a group that had people who fled away from the English site.

Decided to stay and become an active member after seeing how the English Fragrantica has become boring as hell and devoid of interesting discussions. Mind you, the Dutch one is still very cosy and interesting.
Parfumo.net has really great features (it feels like a hybrid between Facebook and a regular fragrance forum and the souk is 10x easier to make me offer my surpluses. Most are just samples, so don't get too excited Wink

Downside of course is lack of reviews, so am trying to do my best and add my own (not so good) reviews.
11 years ago
Hello Everyone!

I am new to your community, but am getting to be an old timer on Basenotes and Fragrantica. I also belong to Fragrance Swap and Facebook Fragrance Friends on Facebook and that is where I heard about your group! I am known by southerngardens in the other groups if you belong to any of them. Stop and say hi!
I live in the beautiful south.... Martinez, GA or Augusta which is our neighboring city. I am a Horticulturist, but am disabled now and retired from my job as a landscape designer. I miss working with the earth and plants so very much!
I have been married to my beautiful husband for 13 years and have no children, but one fur baby. A miniature chichi named Gracie. She's my little girl!
Well, that's about all I can say about me. Thanks for the welcomes!
26 - 50 by 267
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Parfumo Community Say hello and/or introduce yourself (if you like)
Jump to